Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Professional Electrolysis
Jump to new posts Re: Advice: Should I switch to someone who uses blend? by endlesshello @ Yesterday at 03:20 PM

Thanks Seana, I feel better after reading this. The electrologist told me to be patient and get something called dermaseptic made for after treatments.
Jump to new posts Re: Advice: Should I switch to someone who uses blend? by Iluv2zap @ Yesterday at 11:06 AM

Try having a gold needle used anyway. Often allergic reactions develop over time. I didnt used to get hives every time I washed clothes or bedding in commercial laundry detergent, but I definitely do now.The veracity of the reaction though, does soun
Jump to new posts Re: A Tale of Two Electrolygists by Iluv2zap @ Yesterday at 10:38 AM

Not sure if you meant me or Dee, but me too! I need every client through my door I can if my business is to survive this year.
Jump to new posts Re: A Tale of Two Electrolygists by Janedel62 @ 01/16/18 09:13 PM

I wish I lived near you!!!
Jump to new posts Re: Advice: Should I switch to someone who uses blend? by endlesshello @ 01/16/18 07:35 PM

It was unlike anything I have ever experienced. The bumps were in some cases like bubbles and I could feel the pressure (I won't go into gory detail). That didn't happen when I had electrolysis previously so I don't think it is allergy. She does wea
Gosh, where to start with this one. Well, I guess by shooting down some of the obvious misconceptions on your part. This is normal to be mislead by some concepts that havent been communicated to you or understood by you.No one starts with all the in
Jump to new posts Advice: Should I switch to someone who uses blend? by endlesshello @ 01/16/18 04:06 PM

A little background: I am pale with sensitive, clog prone and acne prone on my chin (mainly due to the hair). I had laser hair removal on my chin years ago which only caused more hair. For years I have been tweezing. I tried electrolysis years ago
Government Regulation
Jump to new posts Re: Thermocoagulation and Health Canada Regulation by Iluv2zap @ 01/15/18 11:09 PM

The school in quebec is likely academie-dectro. As well as manufacturing machines for treating skin anomolies, they have advanced skin care courses as well. Quebec has almost no laws on what estheticians can and cannot do.It sounds like BC is tighten
Jump to new posts Re: One month on... by Iluv2zap @ 01/15/18 11:00 PM

awesome tip!
Jump to new posts Re: Sterilization in Canada by Iluv2zap @ 01/15/18 10:55 PM

Hi kim, this is quite alarming news from BC. The guidelines for inspection and sterilization vary as you know province to province. I'm in Ontario and happily using my prestige 2100 without issues from the health department. They are certified as
Government Regulation
Jump to new posts Re: Thermocoagulation and Health Canada Regulation by Michael Bono @ 01/15/18 09:00 PM

The rationale from your BC authorities is "spot on." You cannot mistake a hair or a blood vessel for anything else; and so zapping them is relatively safe. However, a therapist(let's say physicians) cannot identify potentially lethal lesi
Jump to new posts Re: One month on... by Kim Gerry @ 01/15/18 04:22 PM

I always do a consultation to all my clients/patients. I have learned from being a surgical dental assistant that indeed during a consultation people get bombarded with information, nerves can be a little edgy and they forget what they were told.
Jump to new posts Sterilization in Canada by Kim Gerry @ 01/15/18 04:16 PM

I have been an electrologists for over 10 years and before that I was a dental assistant for 10 years. In December, I was told my prestige 2100 is NOT suitable to sterilize CRITICAL instruments/implements any longer. I was told if any instruments
Government Regulation
Jump to new posts Re: Thermocoagulation and Health Canada Regulation by Kim Gerry @ 01/15/18 03:49 PM

Thermocoagulation In British Columbia... Before any of you decided to get further education on anything... a word of advice DO YOUR RESEACRH! I was just made aware that an electrologists or estheticians in BC are not allowed under the College of P
Jump to new posts Re: One month on... by Michael Bono @ 01/14/18 04:07 PM

As my nephew calls me ... "an asshole" ... I have to chime in; this time on behalf of our clients? See, right now, I'm going through three eye surgeries (had the first one on Monday). I complain that the surgeon didn't explain it all to me
Jump to new posts Re: One month on... by Iluv2zap @ 01/14/18 03:06 PM

Michael has provided a lot of good information here, but I would also like to add one more aspect. For every client I have ( andI think this is true for most electrologists) I do a consultation. I do my utmost best during this time ( I use an hour f
Jump to new posts Re: One month on... by Michael Bono @ 01/14/18 11:24 AM

What a minefield of statements! You cannot sensibly castigate "all therapists" because you have not seen "all therapists." There is no, "They ALL ..." What I will reluctantly corroborate is the lack of understanding,
Jump to new posts Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. by Stephgold @ 01/13/18 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By dfaheyI think I have cleared up laser induced hair stimulation cases because I haven't heard from clients for a long time. I wish clients would drop me an email or text me years down the road and let me know how they are doing.
Jump to new posts Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. by Stephgold @ 01/13/18 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By Iluv2zapStephgold I dont understand how HRT is relevant to what happens post laser and at least hald my clientele arent even transgender. .What I can tell you is what I see is pretty consistent between myself and the experiences
Jump to new posts Re: My Electrolysis Diary. Laser stimulated hair. by Stephgold @ 01/13/18 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By Iluv2zapI'm amazed that none of your electrologists has adequately explained the process nor anything about hair growth cycles to you? Its going to take 12-18 months to effect permanency. During that time you can expect hair to c
Jump to new posts Re: One month on... by Stephgold @ 01/13/18 11:28 PM

The therapists themselves do not want to answer these questions either. They express it to be like a harassment. They want you to pay them and go home and deal with all the surprise manifestations that occur on our own. They don’t want phone calls
Jump to new posts Re: Hello again! Looking for advice and opinions. by Stephgold @ 01/13/18 07:10 PM

First of all. Omg i feel so bad for you that your skin looks like that. I know first hand how you feel. You have to go in public with marks. Try using coconut oil and soothe the skin and it should look better in 6 weeks. I really hope you get perms m
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Advice: Should I switch to someone who uses blend?
by endlesshello
Yesterday at 03:20 PM
A Tale of Two Electrolygists
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 10:38 AM
Thermocoagulation and Health Canada regulation
by Iluv2zap
01/15/18 11:09 PM
One month on...
by Iluv2zap
01/15/18 11:00 PM
Sterilization in Canada
by Iluv2zap
01/15/18 10:55 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9633
James W. Walker VII 8052
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3220
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod