Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#100887 - 08/28/12 10:14 AM Re: vellus hair treatment [Re: redearthling]
ekade Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Originally Posted By: redearthling
My original query was about the lighting issue of seeing hairs and when the short regrowth comes back.

I can assume that you need someone who use high quality surgical loupes of 4x and higher to see these hairs. Did you try to dye these hairs?

Thread Sponsors
#100888 - 08/28/12 10:45 AM Re: vellus hair treatment [Re: Laurier]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: Laurier
I've been watching this discussion with great interest. With some prodding from Kelly Stump up outside Chicago, we've been working on a new size/shape Probe to target these hairs. The first prototypes just went out today to Kelly and Josefa. A .0025" tip with a fast taper to make them fairly rigid and a reduced tip length for shallow insertions. Hopefully they will get the job done well. We shall see what the ladies have to say about them in the near future.

Hi Mike,

I am excited to read this. As you may know, this is exactly the kind of facial hair I have and that Josefa is treating for me. I am seeing her again soon. This time I really want to blitz the area... I don't know what Josefa has planned but I'm hoping it involves a test of this probe!
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to Nov 2013, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#100940 - 08/30/12 11:12 PM Re: vellus hair treatment [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: stoppit&tidyup
Originally Posted By: Laurier
I've been watching this discussion with great interest. With some prodding from Kelly Stump up outside Chicago, we've been working on a new size/shape Probe to target these hairs. The first prototypes just went out today to Kelly and Josefa. A .0025" tip with a fast taper to make them fairly rigid and a reduced tip length for shallow insertions. Hopefully they will get the job done well. We shall see what the ladies have to say about them in the near future.

Hi Mike,

I don't know what Josefa has planned but I'm hoping it involves a test of this probe!

Count on it!

#101299 - 09/21/12 05:18 AM Re: vellus hair treatment [Re: ]
redearthling Offline
Contributor

Hi all,

While I am happy with my progress so far, I noticed my electrologist uses 25G hypodermic needles rather than specific electrolysis probes. I don't have any scarring etc. so assume they are just as efficient. Could this be a cost consideration for her or could it be because of the design of the old machine? It seems odd to me. She has been doing this for 20+ years, and I would assume if she wasn't efficient/needle didn't work, her clients wouldn't keep coming back.

#101300 - 09/21/12 05:20 AM Re: vellus hair treatment [Re: ekade]
redearthling Offline
Contributor

Ekade: I put mascara on the hairs before I go in (the long ones that she misses). The shorter ones are a little harder to coat with mascara without colouring every hair in the area smile

Edited by redearthling (09/21/12 05:21 AM)

#101301 - 09/21/12 12:28 PM Re: vellus hair treatment [Re: redearthling]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
Originally Posted By: redearthling
Hi all,

While I am happy with my progress so far, I noticed my electrologist uses 25G hypodermic needles rather than specific electrolysis probes. I don't have any scarring etc. so assume they are just as efficient. Could this be a cost consideration for her or could it be because of the design of the old machine? It seems odd to me. She has been doing this for 20+ years, and I would assume if she wasn't efficient/needle didn't work, her clients wouldn't keep coming back.

REALLY!!!!!? Are the needles sterile? Were the needles once attached to a syringe?! This isn't good for many reasons. Are you located in the United States?

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#101302 - 09/21/12 12:51 PM Re: vellus hair treatment [Re: ]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
I looked it up and a 25 G hypodermic needle is .020" in diameter.

That's over three times the diameter of the largest electrolysis needle or probe on the market today

Edited by Laurier (09/21/12 12:54 PM)

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

#101304 - 09/21/12 01:03 PM Re: vellus hair treatment [Re: Laurier]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Actually, there is no way that a 25G needle would fit in ANY hair follicle on any human. Maybe on "elephant hairs" or "dinosaur feathers," but that's about it. (Even a 30G is still a monster and won't fit any follicle!)

#101305 - 09/21/12 01:42 PM Re: vellus hair treatment [Re: Michael Bono]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
Drilling for a core sample maybe ?

Now there's a visual I didn't need...

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

#101306 - 09/21/12 02:57 PM Re: vellus hair treatment [Re: Laurier]
Danika Offline
Top 10 Contributor

HUGE NEEDLES??? WE must live in the same town!! wink
ELECTROLYSIS- Scammed by the one in my town. Whenever possible, while traveling out of town,I try to get electrolysis on face. Very Challenging overall due to lack of professionals available .Many treatments done on only a tiny area of my face yet there still seems to be alot of hair growing there. Seems an impossible dream at this point frown

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Paradoxical Laser Hair Stimulation
by Silvana
4 minutes 15 seconds ago
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Silvana
8 minutes 29 seconds ago
Guidance on after care
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
Today at 01:02 PM
Apilus Electropil... no model name?
by dimi
Today at 08:00 AM
ANYONE HAVE A MANUAL FOR THE ST-250 Silhoute-Tone
by KayDee
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9709
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
1 registered (Silvana), 135 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod