Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#101029 - 09/07/12 01:54 PM Re: Body Work [Re: Michael Bono]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Answering an earlier post by "pink."

“ … lady she didn't use foot pedals and her technique was definitely progressive epilation. Just recently I was wondering how she did it because although the dial was set to automatic she absolutely had full control over the machine. Yet there was never a foot pedal to be seen!”

She might have been using two-hands … but she was not doing “progressive epilation.” And, you do not have instantaneous control over the HF unless you are controlling it with a foot pedal. This is very simple (not rocket science, as they used to say.)

Sponsored Links
#101030 - 09/07/12 03:02 PM Re: Body Work [Re: Michael Bono]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I didn't know a two second blend was possible for 20 unit or more hairs. I learned that it is the alternating current that really treats the hair and the little bit of direct current is only good for keeping the probe clean ( meaning keeping the probe from sticky buildup).

The bald patch on the lower back - was that area already treated or was there just never any hair there?

Hard work indeed on a man's back. Great work, Mike, and yes, clients should expect this kind of skin reaction. It's okay! Yes, electrolysis does work for any area. I wish more electrologists would / could believe that they too can do large areas like this. Clients need to know that this is not easy and they will to invest many hours up front to clear off the yeti beast hairs. They will be happy in the end for all the sacrifices they make up front.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#101032 - 09/07/12 03:11 PM Re: Body Work [Re: dfahey]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

The bald area had no hair ... odd really.

Today I am totally "spent." I wonder how many years (months) I have left to do big cases like this? Maybe two more and then it will be "telogen" for me! "Exogen?" Well, I hope not just yet!

(I love the "Yeti beast hair" ha ha ha!)

#101033 - 09/07/12 03:57 PM Re: Body Work [Re: Michael Bono]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
Hi Dee. I too am wondering about the 2 second blend.
I wonder what the galvanic setting is and if it is leading and continuing to the end of the 2 seconds.

I knew an old timer who has been retired for 10 years now and she did a fast blend too. I just assumed that she was doing thermolysis but I liked her work no matter what she called it. She did say it was blend.

Nevertheless, there is theory and practice and the texts indicate that we need more time in the follicle for the sodium hydroxide to be produced.

#101035 - 09/07/12 06:29 PM Re: Body Work [Re: Arlene R. Batz, CPE]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes, can you imagine a guy who wrote a book called “the Blend Method,” not actually following the “rules?” And, I don’t!

It’s like this: When you learn a language, you carefully follow (and think about) the grammar rules before you speak. Once you know the language, you just speak and never think about the rules … it’s just “natural.” I think this is the same with electrolysis. Eventually the machine you are using (any of them) becomes an extension of you! You control the thing and the machine is just your instrument. As has been said many times: electrologists remove hairs; not machines.

Funny thing about grammar, it was “invented” to explain how people actually speak … the grammar did not come first. Same with the “blend rules.” these only were developed to describe what people were doing in the first place. The old-timer blenders didn’t even use a meter … it was all about how the skin looked. (Hinkel put a meter on the machine to understand what the electrologists were already doing … and then he developed his “blend grammar.” (I never think about units of lye and never do any computations … even!)

Actually, most of my “fast blend” hairs epilate in about a second. The DC is set at a constant 15/tenths (1.5mA) and is left on all the time (called by a New Zealand writer Neil Blok, “live probing” … nice name for it.) The HF is near maximum output but very carefully controlled manually. I don’t know if the DC really does much at all (probably not much). Still, with the results I’m getting, I don’t care a whole lot about exactly which current is doing what. (Someone argued that I'm really only doing thermolysis ... and my answer was "so, what's wrong with that?")

#101036 - 09/07/12 07:19 PM Re: Body Work [Re: Michael Bono]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
Originally Posted By: Michael Bono

Actually, most of my “fast blend” hairs epilate in about a second.

This is more or less what You describe in Your first book as the body technique, just put to utmost consequence, isn't it?

Quote:
I don’t know if the DC really does much at all (probably not much).

Even at 1 mA its effect is still noticeable but, admittedly, small, and if there is plenty of humidity You see the lye developing. The hairs did not epilate anymore if the DC connection had been interrupted (accidentally..)

BTW: In my attempt to transfer this approach to the Apilus boxes and trying to work around the limitiations in its blend blend modalities i ended up in pulsed blend mode (picoblend on the platinum) with only small gaps between the HF pulses and leading DC onset. Of course pedal controlled and more or less progressive.

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

#101041 - 09/07/12 11:02 PM Re: Body Work [Re: beate_r]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I just found the client’s “before” photo … this might be of some interest to see the hair before I zapped it out.

#101042 - 09/08/12 01:17 AM Re: Body Work [Re: Michael Bono]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Is that "before" his first clearance? This is a lot a tedious and hard work. It would be interesting to see a before photo when he comes in for his 3rd clearance too.

#101043 - 09/08/12 02:36 AM Re: Body Work [Re: fenix]
zaphairzap Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Houston
Lucky him, no more hair and probably no more folliculitis that he seems to have in pic 1.

#101044 - 09/08/12 02:09 PM Re: Body Work [Re: zaphairzap]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

This patient really “got smart.”

(First off, the photo was before he started with me … and, yes, I will post his photo in about 5 months or so.) I’m nearly certain he will not require an actual “3rd Clearance,” but just a bit of “pick-up” here and there. And, this is usually the case in a young man where hairs are not staying in exogen for any time at all. Consequently, the thick/dense hair growth is much easier to control and the outcome very predictable … this is counterintuitive.

Of course, it took him over a year to see what was happening (and a ton of money). However, he correctly reckoned that the back would not do well with laser: it was a mass of FINE but dark and noticeable hairs (a real horror story to work on). He wants his chest and stomach only thinned … the hairs are very coarse, so he is “going laser.” He had me, however, define the chest patterns so that it will have a well-defined shape.

This guy is very smart and after doing his “homework” is going to get exactly what he wants. It has been a real joy working with this kid. And now, I’m going to Disneyland — two times on “Pirates of the Caribbean!”

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
electrolysis on penis
by joben
Yesterday at 09:52 PM
Need advice. Did i destroy my legs?
by dfahey
Yesterday at 02:45 PM
lightning bolt pains. Normal?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:41 AM
PCOS-Hirsuitism and its cocktail
by MamaBear
03/27/17 12:35 PM
Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser?
by Michael Bono
03/26/17 09:04 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9439
James W. Walker VII 8023
Andrea 4145
Michael Bono 3053
Who's Online
1 registered (h56ty), 125 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod