Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#101006 - 09/06/12 09:34 PM Body Work
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
This patient went for “thermolysis” treatment (and Apilus) for 18 months and only had his upper shoulders worked on: 100 hours, and no more than 30% clearance. Of most interest to me was the “pebbling” that presented from the 30 thermolysis “clearances.” As I said, repeated “gentle” treatment results in more visible damage than a good “first time kill.”

The patient was seen 3 months ago (treatment started May 17), and had his shoulders and entire back cleared in 54 hours. This photos shows the patient today after his second clearance that took 27 hours (exactly half the time of the first). His final clearing will be no more than 12 hours (I expect about 8 hours actually).

This photos can be copied and examined close-up to reveal the type of scabs that I WANT to form with such body work (I used the “sharpen filter” to really show the scabs clearly). I used manual blend with a tapered (non-insulated) needle. I do not use insulated needles for body work because I want to ensure the destruction of the entire follicle and, most importantly, the stem cells.

Such a case, even though a “big one” is completely predictable. The client has a full guarantee of lifetime permanent hair removal. The client is guaranteed no visible marks of any kind. The client might be willing to discuss his experience, but that’s up to him. Electrolysis WORKS!

Sponsored Links
#101012 - 09/07/12 12:10 AM Re: Body Work [Re: Michael Bono]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

To answer a couple of emails:

the first clearance took 10 days; the second clearance took 5 days.

#101013 - 09/07/12 12:15 AM Re: Body Work [Re: Michael Bono]
Brenton Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: SoCal
I'm curious as to what that bald area is in the lower part of the back? It seems to stand out among all the red, but I assume that the red will go away and it will all be perfectly clear. Also, it's a little hard to tell from the photo, but how is the "feathering" going into his upper arm?

Btw, was this the client with the funky chest laser pattern?

#101014 - 09/07/12 12:17 AM Re: Body Work [Re: Michael Bono]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
Hi Mike. What machine do you like to use for blend?
Apilus is wonderful for thermolysis however for blend, it is too
constraining as it forces the sequencing for me as it has only one pedal.
I have used Fischer and Gentronics for blend as they have separate pedals
and I prefer that. Would you tell us more about how you administer your blend?

#101015 - 09/07/12 12:43 AM Re: Body Work [Re: Arlene R. Batz, CPE]
I_love_pink Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Greater Toronto Area, Ontario ...
I'm curious to know if you use pedals Mike, I always thought pedals were for beginners. I still use pedals but I assumed once everything became second nature to me I would abandon the pedals!

#101017 - 09/07/12 12:51 AM Re: Body Work [Re: I_love_pink]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Blend is 2-foot switches. Always with 2-handed/progressive. I don't stop to remove the hairs because of the 2-hand method. Use a 2-year-old Hinkel Classic. High HF and DC, hairs epilate in less than 2 seconds (1-2 seconds). Full manual: I do not want any type of timer to decide for me when the hair is treated.

#101022 - 09/07/12 05:20 AM Re: Body Work [Re: Michael Bono]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Michael thank you again for making such posts. It just brings delight and constant renewed hope in what electrology is capable of but sadly not often experienced these days. I hope to see more illustrations from you.:)
That red reaction looks very similar to laser treatments, wouldn't call it scabbing. And I had REAL brown scabs from electrolysis but nothing near the kill rate in the amount of time you describe. I'm curious to hear what that patient has to say about treatment sensation between Apilus thermolysis and your blend.

#101025 - 09/07/12 10:52 AM Re: Body Work [Re: fenix]
I_love_pink Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Greater Toronto Area, Ontario ...
That's interesting that you use the foot pedals. When I was treated with blend by my "95 out of 100 hairs won't come back" lady she didn't use foot pedals and her technique was definitely progressive epilation. Just recently I was wondering how she did it because although the dial was set to automatic she absolutely had full control over the machine. Yet there was never a foot pedal to be seen!

Edited by I_love_pink (09/07/12 10:53 AM)

#101026 - 09/07/12 12:23 PM Re: Body Work [Re: I_love_pink]
Arlene R. Batz, CPE Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York City - Queens
When no foot pedals are used, the electrologist is working in automatic mode where each hair is assumed to require the same setting. For those hairs that do not release easily, the electrologist usually reinserts.

Those who say that foot pedals are for beginners - perhaps have not developed an appreciation or understanding of the 2 handed blend technique.

Michael, I haven't used a Hinkel machine and would love to try a 2 second blend. I don't think anyone here on the eastcoast is doing a 2 second blend.

I would love to explore your technique for very fast blend. My Gentronics has 2 separate pedals and I will explore fast blend.

#101028 - 09/07/12 01:12 PM Re: Body Work [Re: Arlene R. Batz, CPE]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks for all your kind comments. This is (actually) the first time I have talked about the machine I use, and those other “specifics.” I’m taking Dee’s “recommendation” that we should talk about these things … I have always avoided such specifics because I sincerely believe it really does NOT matter. Years ago I used my Proteus machine (HF only) and got the exact same results using thermolysis only. Jossie uses her technique and our results are identical. Fino used his Instantron, and our TTT results were actually funny … exact to the hour!

The point I was trying to make is the idea of killing-off the follicle the first time. This patient’s two former electrologists worked on him twice per week (soft treatment) for almost a year and a half (he spend $10,000), and the goal was to weaken the hair and finally kill it. (The kill rate was poor.) The patient said he had very little skin reaction after the treatment (and no scabs at all). Yes, indeed you should almost never see scabs on the face … but, in my opinion, ALWAYS on a very heavy body case such as this.

This patient now has classic “pebbling” (small raised tiny scars) on the shoulders that were repeatedly treated: over-and-over with “soft” treatment. Remember, even repeated tweezing builds up scar tissue … so imagine repeated treatment! Of course his “pebbling” is not very noticeable (only with close observation) and he will be just fine. The areas that were “blasted out” by me, a few months ago, have no marks of any kind.

The point: constant wounding builds up scar tissue. This is fascinating, because just the opposite seems true. It’s all about how the dermis heals. Same thing in plastic surgery: ONE face-lift looks natural. However, with repeated surgery, the collagen layer (under the dissected skin) builds up, and the face gets a very unnatural “tight” look … even though no actual scars are seen. (All of this thinking is from my cooperating plastic surgeon; by the way … I’m a good listener).

The plastic surgery patients that look fantastic are the ones that had “the whole works” surgery. Right after surgery they looked like hell … but healed perfectly. The women that continue to do “little safe” procedures … eventually start to look “odd” as the wounding begins to give the dermis an unnatural look.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
OPMI on Ebay
by GiGi Solutions
03:57 AM
After first clearance?
by dfahey
10:04 PM
Electrolysis machine advice please!
by Iluv2zap
11:55 AM
Lasting results
by Iluv2zap
09:36 AM
Laser Haur Removal -Lower Legs
by Summercrush
06:36 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9606
James W. Walker VII 8047
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3168
Who's Online
0 registered (), 100 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod