Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#101893 - 10/20/12 10:19 AM Brazilian/Hollywood possible?
oasis Offline

Hey everyone,

I've been researching electrolysis for months now, i've got my heart set on getting the full brazilian/hollywood area done.

I was just wondering is it actually possible to do the full area, or are there 'no go' areas that some people can't do?

Also, I read on these forums that some people have found a wrinkling or uneven skin pattern after having electrolysis (which apparently is normal)...I know it's a mad question but will this happen down there? haha! the last thing i want is wrinkles there wink

I know the woman I want to see charges £70 per hour, does anyone have a way a I can work out roughly how much this will cost me? I currently have £3,000 to put towards this, not sure if it's too much or not enough.

Sorry for so many questions, any help, guidance is much appreciated smile

Thread Sponsors
#101894 - 10/20/12 12:34 PM Re: Brazilian/Hollywood possible? [Re: oasis]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Yes, it is possible, and we have examples on display in the Mature section of the forum. Go there if you dare.

Both post treatment result and cost (and time to completion)is variable from practitioner to practitioner. You can't throw a dart into a phone book (do they still have those)...Ok, you can't click "I'm feeling lucky" on google, and get the same treatment result from who ever pops up.

#101896 - 10/20/12 01:37 PM Re: Brazilian/Hollywood possible? [Re: James W. Walker VII]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
At the current exchange rate (One British Pound = US$1.6) your 3,000 Pounds equates to $4,800. That’s more than enough to do your entire legs (female/complete) or about two full clearings of a man’s hairy back. Your “Brazilian” area should be no more than 500 Pounds ($800) total (inclusive of all treatments). Actually that is WAY more than it should cost! (Sorry I couldn’t find the Pounds symbol.) Get an accurate estimate from the therapist, in hours and money. This is a small area (sorry no pun intended) and very easily determined. And YES, “treatment hours to completion” (TTT) varies wildly between practitioners. ASK HOW MUCH! Doesn't that seem like an obvious and legitimate question? (This is not an area affected by hormones: what you've got ... that's it!)

#101897 - 10/20/12 01:40 PM Re: Brazilian/Hollywood possible? [Re: Michael Bono]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Oh, also ... absolutely no wrinkling on this area — ever. Healing is very fast and never any lasting marks.

#101898 - 10/20/12 02:45 PM Re: Brazilian/Hollywood possible? [Re: oasis]
h56ty Offline
Major Contributor

Why don't you have laser hair removal and finish of any remaining hairs with electrolysis. I have had LHR in this area and any red bumps usually have gone within a day or two.I have had electrolysis on my ankles and chest to get rid of sparse hair, the electrolysis has left little scars which will take months to disappear completely. It will work out cheaper as well having LHR.

#101901 - 10/20/12 04:15 PM Re: Brazilian/Hollywood possible? [Re: h56ty]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Interesting juxtaposition of the last two posts: One recommending LHR because it was effective, and the next one “condemning” LHR for “total failure.” I think that any therapist delivering any modality to a patient should guarantee the work, and if it actually FAILS all the person’s money should be returned.

The hair removal consumer seriously needs help on these issues and should not be left alone to struggle with physicians (or others) that have designed neat “release forms” that exonerate them from liability. Am I the only one getting fed up?

I could have my attorney design “consumer forms” for use with both elecrolysis and laser. If I do this, and pay for it of course, I would want these forms available for free (PDF) from Hairtell. Is that a possibility on this site? One inquiring mind want to know.

#101904 - 10/20/12 04:27 PM Re: Brazilian/Hollywood possible? [Re: Michael Bono]
oasis Offline

Thankyou James and Michael, you've both been helpful (and it's great to know I won't wind up with a wrinkly vajay hehe!)

I had considered laser, but I've read it's not considered permanent and regrowth will occur meaning I'll need to top up every now and again and this is something I really don't want to do.

from my understanding from this forum the little white scars are where your skin has had a tan? and I definitely have no tan there haha! But i'm not too concerned about the scab/red healing process if it means i'll have permanent results that i'll be happy with in the long run smile

#101910 - 10/20/12 09:03 PM Re: Brazilian/Hollywood possible? [Re: oasis]
Danika Offline
Top 10 Contributor

YES MICHAEL I AM TOTALLY INTERESTED IN A FORM SUCH AS THAT ! And perhaps it could be available through your website too ?
Oasis, reality is , hair or bare, one day, not too long from now,
even your precious v WILL wrinkle!! smile
ELECTROLYSIS- Scammed by the one in my town. Whenever possible, while traveling out of town,I try to get electrolysis on face. Very Challenging overall due to lack of professionals available .Many treatments done on only a tiny area of my face yet there still seems to be alot of hair growing there. Seems an impossible dream at this point frown

#101968 - 10/22/12 10:52 PM Re: Brazilian/Hollywood possible? [Re: Michael Bono]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Originally Posted By: Michael Bono

I could have my attorney design “consumer forms” for use with both elecrolysis and laser. If I do this, and pay for it of course, I would want these forms available for free (PDF) from Hairtell. Is that a possibility on this site? One inquiring mind want to know.

Since anyone can post anything on HairTell, I can't understand why one would question the ability to do such a thing... but if you need to hear it directly stated; yes, you can do that.

#102067 - 10/27/12 02:05 AM Re: Brazilian/Hollywood possible? [Re: Michael Bono]
tex Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: North Texas (DFW), USA
Originally Posted By: Michael Bono
Your “Brazilian” area should be no more than 500 Pounds ($800) total (inclusive of all treatments). Actually that is WAY more than it should cost!

I would be surprised that you could get more than just first and (maybe) a second clearance in only 7 hours (based upon £500 at £70/hr). The territory is a different for me, but my pubic clearance took MANY more hours than that. Still, now that I'm clear, it takes months for a very few hairs to even become noticeable to me (and probably not to anyone else but my electrologist).

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by ingeileen1991
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
11:36 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
12/09/17 07:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3181
Who's Online
2 registered (WeRNotAfraid, WaitingforSpring), 94 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod