Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#103632 - 12/29/12 12:59 PM Re: salons are sexist against males [Re: cb1]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Am I the only one who finds it funny that on the one hand, someone says, "people who refuse service to men have a problem, and are unprofessional", but then says, "I would not want a gay guy performing certain services on me." It does seem like two sides of the same coin.

Sponsored Links
#103637 - 12/29/12 03:00 PM Re: salons are sexist against males [Re: James W. Walker VII]
mumbaigirl Offline
Top 20 Contributor

No, James...you are not the only one! smile

#103641 - 12/29/12 07:00 PM Re: salons are sexist against males [Re: mumbaigirl]
Mantaray Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: San Diego, California
Well, if you're in San Diego, I'd really recommend:

SD Wax Queen

It's Jennifer's own salon and she does a supergreat job. She is just so excellent I can't say enough good things about her. I like her environment, it's like some hippie/ fantasy/ enchanted forest. It's fun what she's done to the workspace.

There's many in San Diego that do male stuff, but Jen was one of the first, and she has no attitude at all. Me, I go to her for back, not that. But she has no qualms about removing any hair, wherever it is.

She also gives haircuts, nails, spray tans, etc. But you have to call her the "Queen" though, she's really into being called "The Queen!" Kind of kidding, but she kind of makes sure you know this! She's great smile

Electrolysis, since 1875

#103678 - 12/31/12 07:14 PM Re: salons are sexist against males [Re: James W. Walker VII]
cb1 Offline
Contributor

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: James W. Walker VII
Am I the only one who finds it funny that on the one hand, someone says, "people who refuse service to men have a problem, and are unprofessional", but then says, "I would not want a gay guy performing certain services on me." It does seem like two sides of the same coin.

I wonder how well a waxing salon (that also offered massage services) aimed at lesbian women with suggestive homoerotica in it's advertisements, and located in an acknowledged gay area of town would fare with straight female clientele? I can think of quite a few groups (Hispanics and Muslims to name two) who would never visit such a salon.
Currently: Laser Hair Removal (face), IPL [CACI] (body), wax (buttocks/bikini line/nasal/earlobes), threading (eyebrows)

#103684 - 12/31/12 09:47 PM Re: salons are really great places to meet women [Re: cb1]
Mantaray Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: San Diego, California
Well, I'm of "Hispanic" ancestry, and I could comment on this. But really, the great users of Hairtell have always avoided any kind of discussions like this. I mean, where do they go, let's get to hair removal.

(posting in black)

Electrolysis, since 1875

#105829 - 03/31/13 06:18 PM Re: salons are sexist against males [Re: pghchub]
Ribbit83 Offline

Hey! I'm looking for someone willing to do waxing for men in Pittsburgh. Mind telling me where you go? Thanks!

#105834 - 04/01/13 12:05 PM Re: salons are sexist against males [Re: Ribbit83]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
As pubic hair is very much prone to thickening, distortions, and ingrown hairs, you would be much better served to do permanent hair removal, via electrolysis in this area, if you think you could live without the option to have hair in this area later.

#105837 - 04/01/13 04:18 PM Re: salons are sexist against males [Re: James W. Walker VII]
CareBearhair Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: B.C. canada
Ya most places with an all female staff won't take on male brazilians (or brazilians in general). The girls are either afraid of being groped/propositioned (there is always one perv out there that does it) or they can't deal with the unexpected functions of the male bits. I think most would rather deal with the same sex parts. Kinda like a guy having to work on a female brazilian with a tampon string hanging out. Some men could look past that and get to work while others may say never again. TMI I know lol.

Oh and sometimes the girl's boyfriend doesn't want them touching another man... I have heard and experienced that before too.

Edited by CareBearhair (04/01/13 04:22 PM)

#107666 - 06/30/13 01:00 AM Re: salons are sexist against males [Re: cb1]
GRO YO FRO Offline

Interesting. I had no idea that they were sexist. I have friends that do this regularly in Los Angeles and have never had a problem. Just dumb luck perhaps??

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Hairtell restructuration needed
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Electrolysis on legs
by ingeileen1991
Yesterday at 01:52 PM
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:32 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:30 AM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:25 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3185
Who's Online
0 registered (), 68 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod