Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#103797 - 01/04/13 01:10 AM Re: Is the rod held during electro supposed to be wet? [Re: Cherrytree]
Brenton Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: SoCal
Originally Posted By: Michael Bono
Maybe Brenton can help me on this.

You basically have it right. Constant current means that the amount of charge that flows per second is constant, and since the electrolysis machine (is there an actual word for that?) can't change your body's resistance, it needs to adjust the voltage (my guess is that it ultimately affects "power" instead of voltage, but power is just = voltage * current, so everything is all related).

In reality, current can be the flow of either positive or negative charges. It's really a matter of convention on what gets defined what way.

Thread Sponsors
#103806 - 01/04/13 03:49 AM Re: Is the rod held during electro supposed to be wet? [Re: Cherrytree]
austingirl Offline
Contributor

Thanks everyone for the explanations.

Beate_r and Cherrytree--since I held the rod only for thermolysis and was used
as an autosensor, I guess the formation of Hydrocloric Acid wouldn't apply?

I don't recall feeling any strange sensations on my hand.

#103807 - 01/04/13 04:20 AM Re: Is the rod held during electro supposed to be wet? [Re: austingirl]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
There is a little bit of hydrochloride acid that results and can feel prickly to your skin in auto sensor mode if the solid metal rod is not covered with a a wet sponge or baby wipe. I always cover mine.

If the sponge or wipe dries out, then the auto sensor mode won't work until it is dampened again.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#103814 - 01/04/13 06:11 AM Re: Is the rod held during electro supposed to be wet? [Re: ]
austingirl Offline
Contributor

Thank you for the clarification dfahey. Now I feel like I was poisoned. I wonder
if there are ramifications for those patients of hers who have been getting long term treatment.

#103816 - 01/04/13 08:41 AM Re: Is the rod held during electro supposed to be wet? [Re: austingirl]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
In autosensor mode the electric conductivity is measured. This envolves the flow of a tiny electric current, but it should be so small that chemical reactions or any other harm to the body should be excluded.

This is very different to blend or galvanic where the currents are necessarily significant and not all clients can be treated that way. When it became clear that one of my clients gets convulsions from them i more or less gave up using blend at all.

Anyway most people should not get any ramifications from long term blend treatments. But it has its reason why we check for the health of our clients.

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

#103821 - 01/04/13 02:13 PM Re: Is the rod held during electro supposed to be wet? [Re: beate_r]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Beate: “When it became clear that one of my clients gets convulsions from them I more or less gave up using blend at all.”

Austin: “I wonder if there are ramifications for those patients of hers who have been getting long term treatment.”

Austin: “I'm getting a little paranoid here, so I apologize.”

Austin: “Now I feel like I was poisoned.”

Well, you certainly can get yourself “worked up in a lather” if you want to. I am stunned however, to see people having ONE experience and then making general conclusions. This is not very scientific at all. I’m in shock! (Science does not go from ONE observation to a GENERAL conclusion!)

If you really want to get “paranoid,” why not now consider that the High Frequency (Thermolysis) is a form of “electro-magnetic radiation.” Yes, “radio frequency,” like a tiny radio transmitter. Yes, there are people that swear that common power lines (EMR) can give you cancer.

Year ago, we had an electrologist that stated that since LYE is produced in the skin (DC), that this lye will travel in the blood and eventually destroy the kidneys and liver. By contrast, a few electrologists (using multiple needle of course) stated that using thermolysis for eyebrows would “cook” the lens of the eyes and cause cataracts … leading to blindness. They also said that the thermolysis would eventually cause brain tumors (you know like a cell phone?).

I suppose I can somewhat understand the paranoia of a panicky/nervous client. But having Beate state that the “Blend causes CONVULSIONS,” is not acceptable and not something any reasonable scientific mind can see as anything other than total foolishness. Shame on you!

You cannot have ONE experience and then conclude that an entire modality is dangerous. Indeed, “professionals” themselves have initiated a lot of the client hysteria, over the years! (We have a local electrologist that states that electrolysis — DC — causes ACID in the blood and will cause all sorts of health issues.)

All modalities of electrolysis are absolutely safe and have been proven safe for over a hundred years. Come on folks, get with it! This is REALLY sad! No actually pathetic!

#103946 - 01/09/13 02:32 AM Re: Is the rod held during electro supposed to be wet? [Re: Michael Bono]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

A short clarification: please keep in mind, that i am not a native speaker.

Originally Posted By: Michael Bono
Beate: “When it became clear that one of my clients gets convulsions from them I more or less gave up using blend at all.”

After looking up the word in my dictionary again i noticed that the term "convulsions" is probably too strong, but the German word "Krämpfe" with its apparently much broader meaning still applies - that client - actually quite tolerant to the pain - did indeed react quite strongly on the galvanic current. In a reproducable manner. We had plenty of time to test it.

And of course "giving up" means for me not dropping immediately but looking for alternatives to my at that time standard approach which was more comfortable for the client. Which i usually find. As mentioned repeatedly, usually does not mean always - there are still a few situations where i actually prefer the blend.

#103954 - 01/09/13 10:18 AM Re: Is the rod held during electro supposed to be wet? [Re: beate_r]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Just one other clarification: i never wanted to express blend being dangerous.

#126586 - 05/12/18 06:44 PM Re: Is the rod held during electro supposed to be wet? [Re: austingirl]
Ton Offline
Major Contributor

I am reading some electrology literature right now that says the Chlorine atoms from the NaCl evaporate out of the follicle opening, just as the hydrogen gas bubbles do. Yet the same literature says that the Chlorine travels towards the cathode handheld bar and becomes hydrochloric acid! Where does the HCL on your fingers get it's hydrogen frim?

#126587 - 05/12/18 06:48 PM Re: Is the rod held during electro supposed to be wet? [Re: austingirl]
Ton Offline
Major Contributor

I meant to write "from", but I was having trouble navigating the text box. I'm using a smartphone right now (my laptop is not working). Do the hydrogen atoms, after splitting from the water molecules in the follicle, travel through the body and out your fingertips, where they join with Chlorine and make HCl?Or do the chlorine atoms get their hydrogen from the air?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
New Hinkel video/tape 5-minutes
by melb_aussie
Today at 11:54 AM
Electrologists in India
by HairByHair
Today at 08:34 AM
Suggestions on my case and DIY info
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:12 PM
Whirlpool Forums immediately delete my posts
by Deedra
08/17/18 11:49 AM
Skin Types
by Iluv2zap
08/16/18 05:10 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9702
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3466
Who's Online
0 registered (), 118 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod