Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#103934 - 01/08/13 04:27 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: chewbacca86]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
Yes, Chewy the blend was a good choice for your beautiful and very delicate skin. I'm not kidding folks, she is a lovely person In appearance and in her heart. Thanks for following through. It is very helpful to others that are contemplating what to do about their particular hair problem to hear about your personal journey.

Hugs smile

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

Thread Sponsors
#103941 - 01/08/13 06:19 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: chewbacca86]
ekade Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Thank you for sharing your story, Chewy!
But I really cannot understand what are the reasons that all these electrologists did poor job? They were so afraid to overtreat that they mostly plucked the hair? What is the main reason of such poor results?
Originally Posted By: chewbacca86
Once my skin started settling down, I started my search for a new electrologist within my state and I went to a handful of people, all of whom were nice and professional. Some who worked out of their home and some who worked within a business building. But after many months of going every week or two and receiving a clearance each time, I was beginning to feel defeated because I was showing minimal to no progress and my skin had already been through so much that it couldn’t tolerate much at all and healing would take forever.

#103949 - 01/09/13 06:19 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ekade]
notadelphin Offline
Major Contributor

Quote:
But I really cannot understand what are the reasons that all these electrologists did poor job? They were so afraid to overtreat that they mostly plucked the hair? What is the main reason of such poor results?

There are many reasons why undertreatment happens. The important thing is learning to recognize it.

For example in body work on a area that hasn't been shaved in several months, if there is little skin reaction in the treated area and you see many hairs come out the following four weeks after treatment, that feel shaved, then you were undertreated.

Of course you can even have undertreatment coupled with a strong skin reaction but the result is the same. Most of the "new" hair feels shaved.

Ideally, nearly all the hair growing in the following 6 weeks after a treatment should be very light colored and feel soft.
(Oh, and not from the treated follicle.)

Edited by notadelphin (01/09/13 06:32 AM)
Edit Reason: Addition

#103958 - 01/09/13 12:58 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: notadelphin]
chewbacca86 Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Michigan
Aww, thank you, Dee! You've been a lifesaver! And that's no lie, folks!

ekade -- I can't necessarily say that the other electrologists had done poor work, but I did not feel confident enough to feel that I was making any progress with them. Each I had given a few months with clearances every week or two and I didn't feel like there was even a budge in progress. I know many say that's not enough time to really tell, but there were also a few other things that made me feel doubtful. One did not use any magnification, another I could feel probably 80-90% of the hairs being plucked, and then another used thermolysis only and was hesitant about turning down the settings, which was just too much for my skin. All of them were lovely and professional people, but I wanted to feel like my patience and efforts were going to take me somewhere. I had spent close to a year and a half getting the hair cleared off my face on a weekly to bi-weekly basis and it had looked the same as when I first started. After lurking these forums for quite some time, I came to see that many of the electrologists who post here are very knowledgeable and caring and many are not afraid to try new things to benefit their clients. That's the kind of care I wanted and felt more confident about. That's when I traveled to see Dee and after only four clearances with her, I felt like I was finally "getting somewhere." And boy was that a wonderful feeling!

#104037 - 01/13/13 10:52 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: asanh]
caligirl Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Sacramento, CA USA
I haven't posted in ages and I don't really come on this forum much anymore. Why? Because electrolysis (and later laser for other areas) worked! It literally changed my life. I had a lot of electrolysis on my face. I still go once in a while. I am so lucky to have found a pretty good practitioner in my area and then found an even better one almost 2 years later. I keep adding areas because I know it will work. This site really educated me in the process and I am so grateful for it and to all the people that contribute to it!

#104048 - 01/14/13 09:13 AM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: caligirl]
C O'Connell Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney,Australia
Well done Caligirl. Good electrolysis is addictive, but eventually you do run out of hairs!! Hairfree, really is carefree.

#104051 - 01/14/13 01:46 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: C O'Connell]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes, electrolysis does work. It is simply satisfying and well worth the investment. It restores and uplifts, but the one word that really describes the feeling of finally being hair-free in an area of concern is a word that every human being understands and that word is FREEDOM.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#104061 - 01/14/13 11:21 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: ]
LAgirl Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: New York, NY
Thanks for the update caligirl! This is what happens with most posters here and it's not a bad thing smile

Would appreciate your success story on the laser portion of the forum as well when you have a chance.

#104062 - 01/14/13 11:55 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: LAgirl]
mam91 Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: canada
I am really waiting to tell my story because having observed my electrolysis treatments(due to laser stimulated hair on my chin)so far after 6months,I am so impressed cos the hairs on my chin have become lighter and reduced though there is still hair there. Intially i started with 3 hours of treatment but now its down to 1hour with fine tuning and all of my chin area and now added my chest and stomach to make up for the 3hours.Am so happy.I hope i would be done with my chin by dec2013 cos i started on june 13th 2012.Also i go for full clearance everyime i get to see my electrologist every two weeks.I CAN'T WAITTTTT!!

#104068 - 01/15/13 12:09 PM Re: ELECTROLYSIS SUCCESS STORIES! Add yours here. [Re: mam91]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

You are doing this correctly. This is how one achieves their goal of permanent hair removal with electrolysis. Each appointment brings you closer to being hair-free and the urge to add areas is strong because you do have proof, from the original area, that your time and money is not being gambled away.

Hugs to you for posting and hugs to your electrologist for her ability to give you PERMANENT hair REMOVAL.

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Something wrong
by TheFlyingProbe
26 minutes 3 seconds ago
A sign of dermal over-treatment?
by SynViks
Today at 04:58 PM
Over the counter numbing cream
by Ton
Today at 12:57 PM
Can someone in USA sell me THE needles, please?
by Michael Bono
Today at 09:59 AM
temporary hypopigmentation or dermis scarring?
by Michael Bono
Today at 09:50 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9720
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3507
Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod