Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#107052 - 05/19/13 11:34 PM Re: 17 year old guy with excessive hair [Re: CRC Biomedical]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
He has been dealing with the effects of hair since childhood. I'm pretty sure he knows what he wants.

These days, I don't think it's any different whether you are male or female in regards to the societal pressure to be hair free. I was about Jovi's age when I started researching LHR. I just had no money at the time.

As he has noticed, the hairs are becoming thicker. Removing those hairs and the finer, shorter ones at this stage will mean he won't have to go through having them become thicker and longer as he ages. Dee bought up this point in the ear hair removal thread.. get 'em before they have the chance of becoming thick and wiry.

I remember Michael posted a photo of one of his clients (male back) showing what happens when hair develops down the line. The area cleared with electrolysis earlier in this man's life was still clear.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to Nov 2013, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

Sponsored Links
#107054 - 05/20/13 12:45 AM Re: 17 year old guy with excessive hair [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Yes, Stoppit …

Of course, this young guy is not finished developing hair; we all know that, and he does too. Okay, so he can wait another year until he’s “legal age,” but I would guess that if he had an army of “free help” he wouldn’t turn it down!

At his age, leg hairs have certainly grown in to their near-fullest extent. A few laser treatments would do wonders (arms too). The chest and back may not be fully grown-in until the age of 30 or so. However, the 19-year-old kid (England) I started two months ago had fully developed body hair (back and chest). I will post the photos in mid-June.

There are no absolutes. I’m pretty sure this young guy’s parents would give their consent for no-charge expert treatments. It’s going to take a long time to finish this project, so getting started sooner is better than later. (I won’t comment on the “folly” statement … oh, I guess I just did!)

BTW, my youngest patient was 7-years-old! (And, I did this boy for free too.)

#107059 - 05/20/13 04:48 AM Re: 17 year old guy with excessive hair [Re: Michael Bono]
JoviFan Offline

I really have to say, I'm so touched that anyone would even consider doing all that work for free. This really is a forum of genuinely good people.

That being said... well I just can't imagine the amount of pain I would have to go through to have something like that done. I can barely move my fingers enough to type this out at the moment, I've read the pain I have in my hands makes it worse than most people's arthritis. To undergo laser or electrolysis all over my body for countless hours sounds like a torture chamber. I just can't imagine how I would possibly get through it...

Just for the record, I turn 18 in 3 months and I live in Arizona. Arizona, where you have to wear shorts and a t-shirt from April to November or else you'll burn alive, especially with a fur coat like mine.

I guess there's no harm posting pictures to give everyone an idea how hairy I am. These are my arms and legs, and not a whole lot has grown in since I was about 13. Though it has gotten noticeably thicker since then.

Arm http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n218/MARIOFREAK821/myarm.png
Legs http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n218/MARIOFREAK821/mylegs.jpg

#107060 - 05/20/13 05:27 AM Re: 17 year old guy with excessive hair [Re: JoviFan]
Brenton Online
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: SoCal
Hmmmm that is quite a bit more than I was expecting. For someone with this type of hair, I would say laser would do incredible things for you. I'll be honest and say I have no idea how that would coincide with someone with fibromyalgia since I know very little about it (I don't know if you would experience an increase in pain from it). I did a google search for fibromyalgia and laser hair removal, and some people did go through with it without much pain increase. I'd check with your doctor first.

#107061 - 05/20/13 05:39 AM Re: 17 year old guy with excessive hair [Re: Brenton]
JoviFan Offline

Originally Posted By: Brenton
Hmmmm that is quite a bit more than I was expecting.

Ha ha, not surprised. I've noticed on many occasions on this forum (and not to discount anyone else's experiences with their body hair of course) but I see a lot of people complaining of excess hair and then they post pictures and it's what I looked like when I was like, 9 or 10 years old. But my perspective is surely different due to being so hirsute.

I figured I would be a good candidate for laser, seeing as I have relatively pale skin and very dark hair. I'll have to do some research as far as fibromyalgia and laser goes. I'm not sure how I would see my doctor though; he's 600 miles away from me. He's basically the only treatment options I have left which is why he's not local. I was just there a month ago, and can't really justify another trip, financially and physically. I will continue to research though.

#107062 - 05/20/13 05:45 AM Re: 17 year old guy with excessive hair [Re: JoviFan]
Brenton Online
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: SoCal
Well if it's any consolation, your pretty much in as much of a perfect position for laser as anyone! Maybe you can try just calling the doctor to ask him. He's seen you recently, so at the very least he can give you his thoughts about it.

#107063 - 05/20/13 05:47 AM Re: 17 year old guy with excessive hair [Re: Brenton]
JoviFan Offline

Originally Posted By: Brenton
Well if it's any consolation, your pretty much in as much of a perfect position for laser as anyone! Maybe you can try just calling the doctor to ask him. He's seen you recently, so at the very least he can give you his thoughts about it.

Thanks, I'll keep researching and keep this in mind smile

#107066 - 05/20/13 01:33 PM Re: 17 year old guy with excessive hair [Re: JoviFan]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

One of my clients had the same hair growth with (actually) much more on his feet. He just graduated from West Point. We did one clearing on the legs and arms and it looks pretty good (50% reduction). Back and chest were cleared completely. I agree with Brenton that laser would be best for your arms and legs.

Two of my favorite former client “hair ball guys” live in the Phoenix area (brothers). Both had excessive and special problems. Maria does both laser and electrolysis, uses local anesthetic, and also lives in the Phoenix area. I know they would all be happy to talk with you … if you wish. Let me know. I think “Peter” would be the guy to initially talk with about this. (Both brothers did laser and electrolysis. Both are finished and, at least, hair free.)

You aren’t the first one to be “making this odyssey.” Talking to a “pathfinder” really helps plan your adventure. One thing you must understand: the people here are not "giving up" on you. Just stay with us and keep talking! It's people like you that give us our motivation and inspiration.

Edited by Michael Bono (05/20/13 01:34 PM)

#107067 - 05/20/13 05:01 PM Re: 17 year old guy with excessive hair [Re: Michael Bono]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
Lovely post, Michael.

I am an advocate of using both modalities for large cases like yours. Laser to knock out as much hair as possible, followed by electrolysis to refine and blend in the hair if there are patchy areas that laser leaves behind. Since electrolysis can "see" and treat all hair structures and colors that laser can't see, that is why you want to consider both modalities to get hair free as fast as possible on several large areas.

Good luck to you, friend, and stay here for support as needed. . We may not have all the answers, but we have lots of love and understanding to offer for the hairy.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#107068 - 05/20/13 10:09 PM Re: 17 year old guy with excessive hair [Re: ]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Every now and then, people ask me about writing a book. They say, “What inspired you?” The answer is that there was no inspiration. I mean, there was no flash of lightening and then the book appeared. It’s not like that.

What is "it?" Well, it’s just doing it every day without fail; with or without inspiration. It’s like that with any self-transformation mission too. People that have “transitioned” (as they say), did not wake up one morning, have a “change of heart,” flip a switch and “presto” a whole new gender identity. No, it’s really hard work … actually, damned hard work and not for the faint of heart! Still, people who are transgendered don’t have a choice.

And that’s really what I want to communicate to our wonderful “boy” here.

Don’t let your “impossible reality” get you. You CAN beat this, it’s not impossible! First you should talk to others that have “been there.” Then, carefully create a road map and overall plan. Start on the most important issues first, but do something EVERY DAY! Every single day!

Even if you simply sit quietly and review your “plan,” that is still doing the plan. Do more research, read articles … but ACT on this every day, even if it’s only for 10 minutes. (However, don’t spend that special time being depressed … you can be depressed at another time of day if you wish.) Stop everything and work on that ONE issue and don’t be interrupted. Setting a regular time of day to “contemplate or work on the issues” is very important.

Once again, don’t spend that time being depressed or “going over you difficulties." No, work on the PLAN!

Start on the issues that you can work on right now. Maybe your weight (diet)? Start some basic exercise and improve your diet and take supplements. (We have a great “supplement expert” right here on Hairtell! Don’t be afraid to ask him.) Start with something you can do easily every day and then slowly add to the program.

Be a nuisance! Yeah, a real bloody nuisance! Pressure the doctors and don’t let them give you a diagnosis without recommendations. Seek other avenues if they can’t help. Don’t give up … EVER! How to be a nuisance? Use the phone and call them over and over.

Your therapists (pain management, hair removal or whatever) WILL appear at the appropriate time … almost like a pre-ordained script. They will be there when you need them. And, yours is not just a physical journey, but will involve “spiritual” growth as well. Didn’t Hairtell “appear” just at the right moment? Yeah, that's how it works!

Everybody “has” something to overcome. “This one” is yours. Take possession of it and own it. You will master these difficulties and thrive. The timing is perfect! Go kid go!

Edited by Michael Bono (05/20/13 10:13 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
Today at 07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
Paradoxical Laser Hair Stimulation
by Silvana
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod