Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#10627 - 07/11/02 08:00 PM Re: Razor bump reduction
Andrea Online
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Los Angeles
Hi goodgirl101-- I discuss Tend Skin's problems with FDA here. I'll try to find out more about their current status.

I use Tend Skin immediately after epilating, and then after showers on following days. I find it is very helpful on ingrowns and helps exfoliate dead skin. I apply it with a cotton ball and put enough on to get the area wet.

Some consumers find it burns too much to use right after epilating. If this is true for you, you might try a milder product like Bikini Zone. Another option ios to cleanse the area with witch hazel followed by aloe gel. Don't use deodorant until the redness subsides.

Sponsored Links
#10628 - 07/27/02 11:00 PM Re: Razor bump reduction
Debra Offline

Loc: California
My legs are extremely sensitive to shaving and waxing. I get immediate razor burn and wind up scratching myself raw. I've been using an electric razor, but you just don't get that same smooth effect. I was wondering if anyone out there know of any after, or before, shaving products that would help with this. I have tried so many creams and splashes for both males and females, but I just can't seem to get rid of this razorburn. Any info or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

#10629 - 07/28/02 08:00 AM Re: Razor bump reduction
Andrea Online
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Debra, you might check out this thread:

Hairtell: Shaving tips thread

The most common causes of razor burn are

dull blades
not enough moisture
too much pressure
too many passes with the razor

Check the link above for tips on how to avoid common problems.

#10630 - 07/29/02 09:06 PM Re: Razor bump reduction
goodgirl101 Offline

how long does epilating last for you? i just started a new discussion about it... it only lasts 3 days or so for me. is this usual? will i have better results with waxing? (i'm talking pubic area here) sorry to be so vulgar. [Smile] thanks!

quote:
Originally posted by Andrea:
Hi goodgirl101-- I discuss Tend Skin's problems with FDA here. I'll try to find out more about their current status.

I use Tend Skin immediately after epilating, and then after showers on following days. I find it is very helpful on ingrowns and helps exfoliate dead skin. I apply it with a cotton ball and put enough on to get the area wet.

Some consumers find it burns too much to use right after epilating. If this is true for you, you might try a milder product like Bikini Zone. Another option ios to cleanse the area with witch hazel followed by aloe gel. Don't use deodorant until the redness subsides.

#10631 - 07/30/02 05:25 AM Re: Razor bump reduction
Andrea Online
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

Goodgirl, epilating usually lasts a week or so before a see a few new hairs, which I'll shave until I have time to do another epilating session.

If you wish to talk about hair removal inside the bikini, please post in the mature topics forum.

#10632 - 09/20/02 07:51 AM Re: Razor bump reduction
phernand Offline

I have heard about Kalo and was considering buying it, and perhaps even selling it!

But maybe I should have a look at your search function.

I will come back

#10633 - 09/20/02 07:53 AM Re: Razor bump reduction
phernand Offline

Well, I did a search and found that Andrea sais to avoid Kalo Hair Inhibitor.
What about Kalo Ingrown Hair Treatment? [Confused]

#10634 - 09/20/02 11:13 AM Re: Razor bump reduction
Andrea Online
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

phernand, I'm assuming from what I've read that Kalo's ingrown hai product is similar to Tend Skin, i.e. an alcohol-based aspirin solution (a type of beta-hydroxy acid). If so, it's probably fine. However, I urge consumers not to support companies that make unsubstantiated claims as Kalo does with their hair inhibitor.

Tend Skin is a great product to use and sell for ingrowns. Hair inhibitors have not demonstrated their claims with published data, so I suggest avoiding selling these products, as it might damage your business reputation in the long run.

#10635 - 01/09/03 10:05 PM Re: Razor bump reduction
verysad Offline

Help me you guys, please?

I have had hideous razor bumps on my bikini area for years! This especially sucks because I have a nice stomach and I would like to wear a bikini.

I bought Tend Skin. Yesterday I tested a small area of my body with the Tend Skin, 3-4 hours later I waxed, and 30 minutes later I applied the Tend Skin. The redness disappeared. Later that day and night I applied the Tend Skin twice.

Today, I applied the Tend Skin early in the morning and I just applied it this afternoon. Its been almost 30 hours and I really don't think I'm seeing any results. What's going on? Someone please help me out! I hate these bumps! I've already tried everything under the sun!

thanks in advance

#10636 - 01/14/03 07:45 AM Re: Razor bump reduction
Andrea Online
hairtell.com founder
Top 10 Contributor

It may be your wax or the method you use to remove it. Irritation can be caused by reusing wax or strips, unclean working conditions, not preparing the area by showering or warming the skin, not putting down enough baby powder first, etc. I find that 100% aloe gel right after can help a lot, too.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Hair Route Mag
by dfahey
Yesterday at 10:20 PM
Electrolysis/Laser Feet, opinion - pic attached
by Josefa M. Reina
Yesterday at 03:09 PM
Thinning Male Beard Question- NOT Complete Removal
by Josefa M. Reina
Yesterday at 02:50 PM
What is better?? 10ms or 3ms and why??
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 01:59 PM
Timing of electrolysis after chemical skin peel?
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 10:14 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9669
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4157
Michael Bono 3361
Who's Online
0 registered (), 104 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod