consumer hair removal forum
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#123647 - 03/20/17 07:57 PM Re: One-touch electrolysis [Re: ZoeStevens]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I am one in the same person, although I went on to learn professional electrolysis from some of the great advice from some of the other pro's here.I did all of my own facial work, here as a DIY'er.
what machine you choose may depend a lot on what part of the world you are in.I would look at a machine capable of blend. I've gotten a lot of mileage out of my apilus kit but there are lots of great machines made by sterex, fischer schientific, silouette tone, instantron, claireblend, to name a few. I feel the low intensity rf used in blend makes it safer for DIY than thermolysis alone. Blend works extremely well and it is the modality I learned first. I still go back to it often.

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Sponsored Links
#123654 - 03/21/17 09:39 AM Re: One-touch electrolysis [Re: ZoeStevens]
furryface Offline

Thanks Seana, looks like I'd better get saving then! I'm in the UK where it seems like the only machines available are the Sterex ones, so looks like this is going to set me back about £600 if I'm lucky enough to find a second hand blend on ebay. What would you say is the main risk/most likely user error with thermolysis alone?

#123655 - 03/21/17 10:22 AM Re: One-touch electrolysis [Re: ZoeStevens]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
An incorrectly adjusted thermolysis machine is literally capable of slicing like a scalpel. Heed Seana's warning VERY seriously.

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

#123656 - 03/21/17 11:41 AM Re: One-touch electrolysis [Re: ZoeStevens]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

this

#123657 - 03/21/17 12:57 PM Re: One-touch electrolysis [Re: ZoeStevens]
furryface Offline

OK that's pretty terrifying.. by incorrectly adjusted, do you mean on too high a setting/for too long? It actually looks like I may have done something like this with the one-touch, there is a long line-shaped 'burn' where perhaps I was pulling the needle up against my skin from inside the follicle, from all the faffing about and leaning over to touch the touch-plate on the unit..

#123658 - 03/21/17 02:40 PM Re: One-touch electrolysis [Re: ZoeStevens]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Meaning that even standard thermolysis current can and will cut flesh if the insertion is inaccurate and there is pressure against the skin with the probe. I've done it to myself , with an eyebrow setting which should have been low.

galvanic currents from a one touch wont do that but if a probe is against flesh the resulting lye will cause burns of sorts.

If when you learn to do electrolysis properly you can try practising on a piece of pork. this will give you a good feel for what the energy can do

#123662 - 03/21/17 09:22 PM Re: One-touch electrolysis [Re: ZoeStevens]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I have been doing galvanic and blend on myself with a professional machine. I wouldn't consider doing thermolysis on myself for all reasons explained above. Before you even buy a professional electrolysis machine, get a textbook and learn the basics. One Touch is a toy compared to power of professional machines, so be cautious and learn the theory.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by beate_r
10:05 AM
Ripped Off?
by beate_r
04:59 AM
Laser Hair Removal on Happy Trail
by cbarr
01:13 PM
Are AEA electrologists the only ones to pick?
by Soft Touch
01:57 AM
Lower Back Pain
by Megrb
12:10 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9507
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 112 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod