consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#106412 - 04/29/13 12:02 AM Most natural looking hair removal method
Danika Offline
Top 10 Contributor

For over a year and half i have gone without any body exposed to sun to give the best chance to my trial into LHR and zapping. But soon a vacation is planned which will have my lily white skin in swimsuits and beaches and the eyes of relatives nearby ...eeks.

And so i am desperately seeking any good tips or tricks for how to get the best results ,most natural results , with reducing hair ,especially on ones arms . I have tons of blonde hair over most of my body (should have been a cat or a duck instead of a girl! ) and it just looks so obvious when I shave, or wax , part of my arm , especially in the sun! There is that line of zero hair and then the downy coat begins! However since there is still so much hair i feel uncomfortable and i do still need to temporarily remove it. Do i wax , shave , take forever trying to cut it down to some sort of reduction ?
it is such a drag to get sun and then shave ones arms and ones color right off. As well it leads to very dry skin which is already a problem. Maybe there is a method i havent thought of ?
Thanks!

Edited by Danika (04/29/13 12:04 AM)
ELECTROLYSIS- Scammed by the one in my town. Whenever possible, while traveling out of town,I try to get electrolysis on face. Very Challenging overall due to lack of professionals available .Many treatments done on only a tiny area of my face yet there still seems to be alot of hair growing there. Seems an impossible dream at this point frown

Thread Sponsors
#106414 - 04/29/13 03:06 AM Re: Most natural looking hair removal method [Re: Danika]
Michk Offline
Contributor

Have you tried using a female facial hair trimmer on your arms( they look like pens?) You can test it out on a small area and see if you like the feel/ look of it?

#106417 - 04/29/13 08:42 AM Re: Most natural looking hair removal method [Re: Michk]
Fairygirl Offline
Major Contributor

Hi Danika,
What about using one of those silky mit (sandpaper type thingys) to whip over your arms? My girls also have the all over downy hair and may want to start doing something about their arms in a few years time and Im wondering whether to suggest this option to them if they bring up wanting to do something about them. They would also have the "tide mark" where the hair stops and starts. The silky mit might sort of thin / shorten the worst offenders and still leave it natural looking maybe?

#106418 - 04/29/13 09:35 AM Re: Most natural looking hair removal method [Re: Fairygirl]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
Blonde or brown arm hair, probably not coarse? Danika, surely you must know by now, being a hairtell regular, that LHR is not suitable for this kind of hair and you can therefore expect little to no results.
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#106428 - 04/30/13 12:50 AM Re: Most natural looking hair removal method [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
Danika Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Michk - Ive never seen or hear of pen like trimmers...thanks i will try to find one!

Fairygirl- Yes if i recall correctly the photos you once posted reminded me of my hair. I really never paid much notice to it when a child. I once tried those sand paper mits but found them very harsh on the skin so I would not suggest using them.

Stopit- generally blonde all over and then some brown mixed in areas , not coarse and yes I am aware of that thanks. Did the laser work on your arms at all? I wish i had an electrolysist here at home but I dont, so when i was out of town I went as often as possible but she worked only on the sideburn area, many hours over all and not enough of an overall reduction yet that i can stop shaving ;(

Edited by Danika (04/30/13 12:51 AM)
ELECTROLYSIS- Scammed by the one in my town. Whenever possible, while traveling out of town,I try to get electrolysis on face. Very Challenging overall due to lack of professionals available .Many treatments done on only a tiny area of my face yet there still seems to be alot of hair growing there. Seems an impossible dream at this point frown

#106431 - 04/30/13 03:03 AM Re: Most natural looking hair removal method [Re: Danika]
Michk Offline
Contributor

Panasonic makes one that is pinkish and looks like a thick pen. Advertised for facial/eyebrow hairs but can be used for arms,etc. I tried it on my arms(brownish hairs) for the annoying longer ones and it worked fine. I would spot test first to make sure you like the look of it. Also thinning out mine w electrolysis....

#106432 - 04/30/13 03:28 AM Re: Most natural looking hair removal method [Re: Michk]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#106440 - 04/30/13 07:09 PM Re: Most natural looking hair removal method [Re: dfahey]
Danika Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Ok i took a look but it seems like these are really just tiny razors. Not sure if that would look any different from shaving ?

#106445 - 04/30/13 11:29 PM Re: Most natural looking hair removal method [Re: Danika]
Michk Offline
Contributor

Yes, that is the one. I thought it might be ok to use since you said it would take forever to "cut "down the hairs. When I tried it, I moved it slowly and it cut them shorter in the areas that bothered me. You won't get the wax look, but it might make the hairs less noticeable. I can't compare it to a regular razor, bc I have not used one on my arms. Good luck!

#106450 - 05/01/13 02:37 AM Re: Most natural looking hair removal method [Re: Michk]
Danika Offline
Top 10 Contributor

ok so it cuts short as opposed to actually shave the hair off. Good to know! Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
KREE imperial ? Galvanic epilator help
by Tommy750e
Yesterday at 11:54 PM
dearly departed zapper's family needs donations
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 10:47 PM
Local anaesthetic
by Pained
Yesterday at 02:43 PM
Selling My Silhouet-Tone St250
by templje
Yesterday at 08:24 AM
Tweezers
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 12:15 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9556
James W. Walker VII 8039
Andrea 4148
Michael Bono 3110
Who's Online
0 registered (), 96 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod