Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#106277 - 04/23/13 02:57 AM Re: Marathon sessions [Re: BWA]
Gretchen0b Offline

Major Contributor

Loc: Colorado
I have not had to many marathon opportunities but when I do get them I really like them. Appointments under an hour cause me to feel hurried if that is all I have all day. Multi hour sessions are so rewarding for me.

www.pcelectrolysis.com

Thread Sponsors
#106386 - 04/27/13 10:14 AM Re: Marathon sessions [Re: BWA]
MĒDolores Arias Offline

Dear From
The marathon sessions are a great help for people with serious unwanted hair and want a solution as quickly as possible.
For the electrologist is also a great effort. Do not always think that there is an economic reason, but rather,the intention of help

Lola Arias Verdu
Centro DED J.Macias Reina. Málaga. Spain.

#106387 - 04/27/13 01:30 PM Re: Marathon sessions [Re: MĒDolores Arias]
Miro Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: Slovakia
Hi Lola,

welcome to the Hairtell forum smile

Maraton sessions in duration of 5-8 hours a day are exhausting for the client, but the best option if you have to travel long distance (more as 100km). It is great that some electrologists offer this option smile
4x Lightsheer 9mm 40-45J
Result: thicker, coarser, denser hair and growth in new areas.

Neck, back, shoulders, upper arms
9x GentleLase 15mm - 8x 25J, 1x30J
after first treament much thicker, coarser, denser hair and growth in newareas.
next 8 treatments - reduction in coarseness.Reduction in density on top of shoulders, neck(50%).

15. April 2011 start PRO thermolysis neck, upper arms, shoulders, back
11 sessions, 25,5hours, 28 500 hairs removed + 80hours with Josefa -great results, Im happy! smile

#106391 - 04/27/13 05:58 PM Re: Marathon sessions [Re: Miro]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
They can be exhausting for the practitioner as well. That is why many electrologists won't do marathon sessions. With the saying that , SITTING, IS THE NEW SMOKING, it may even be hazardous to the electrologists health to sit too long.

Moving every 90 minutes should be advised. I have a treadmill and I excuse myself for five minutes, every 90 minutes, to walk briskly. It helps. Sometimes I forget to do this, but I'm trying to be more disciplined about protecting my health. Trying.....

My last marathon appointment was 9 hours and 3 minutes. Moving definitely got me through that one. I am starting to get pickier about how long I will work at one session. I wouldn't like doing these 9 hour sessions everyday.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#106420 - 04/29/13 06:09 PM Re: Marathon sessions [Re: dfahey]
Gretchen0b Offline

Major Contributor

Loc: Colorado
Having a treadmill is a fantastic idea Dee, I only wish I had enough room for a treadmill in my office.

www.pcelectrolysis.com

#106426 - 04/29/13 10:07 PM Re: Marathon sessions [Re: Gretchen0b]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
cool Psst, a secret you are not supposed to know about... a simple jump rope would do the same job with less time. 30 minutes at a time. Later, when you are really in shape, you can do 3 to 5 minutes in one continuous session.
Just remember, you are not supposed to know that. whistle

#106427 - 04/30/13 12:31 AM Re: Marathon sessions [Re: James W. Walker VII]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I don't know how I'd feel having an electrologist take breaks and then come in sweaty to continue working on me after jump roping or treadmill work outs.:) Sitting is bad for health but I think the studies over-play the connection. Maybe like some tech companies adopting "standing" work stations for employees, electrologists should try doing work standing? Surgeons stand on their feet for hours and hours too.

#106429 - 04/30/13 01:13 AM Re: Marathon sessions [Re: fenix]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I don't know about your sweat factors, but five minutes of walking at 2.5 miles per hour does not make me sweaty. Thirty minutes would. Guess what, the client needs a bathroom, water and stretch break, too. I have one client who needs to eat something every two hours. Moving every 90 minutes can be a very symbiotic arrangement.

Are you serious about standing to do electrolysis? Well, I have to admit, there have been instances where I have stood when doing a man's shoulders thus the beauty of using an automatic sensor instead of a footswitch. He sat in a chair and it worked beautifully. When I got tired of standing, we went to another area where I could sit. Generally speaking, it is a horrible idea to do electrolysis standing!

I actually think moving in whatever way possible is responsible and helpful for both client and electrologist.

Surgeons eventually have physical problems from standing in place for long periods of time.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#106433 - 04/30/13 05:32 AM Re: Marathon sessions [Re: dfahey]
mhawkes Offline

Major Contributor

Loc: oban scotland uk
Having to lay still for long periods during marathon sessions can be extremely aggravating for clients. I get them to change position every 1.5 to 2 hours whether its from front to back to on their side, if its back and shoulders I do a lot of the work with them sitting and I sit behind on my stool it's a very comfortable position to work.

Having a 5 minute break at the 1.5/2 hour then a longer 30-60 minute break at 3-4 hours helps. For the electrologist calve raises are a must and if feeling a wee bit more energetic a couple of squats and lunges gets the blood flowing back up the legs..
www.aeclinic.co.uk

#106434 - 04/30/13 12:36 PM Re: Marathon sessions [Re: mhawkes]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I think we may have long, productive careers, Mairi. If we were unionized, we would have longer breaks than five minutes and would never be allowed to do marathon sessions. I might add some squats and lunges to my routine.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Feeling tired after electrolysis sessions
by Michael Bono
52 minutes 36 seconds ago
Journey of a young French lady
by adrien_sanchiz
Today at 07:34 AM
should i continue laser hair removal?
by skydivingjess
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/16/17 10:59 PM
Electrolysis and Hydroquinone
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
10/15/17 06:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3157
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod