Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#107984 - 07/18/13 04:46 AM Re: Finger Knucle Electrolysis Treatment (pics) [Re: gorillagal]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Okay! Thanks for another great picture.

This is as to be expected. Red dots or scabbing usually appears 24-48 hours later and you are right on target. You will be perfectly fine and not to belabor the point, this will heal just fine.

Please return with more pictures so others that are lurking here can follow your healing and progress.

Thanks gorilla!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest.

Thread Sponsors
#108013 - 07/18/13 04:49 PM Re: Finger Knucle Electrolysis Treatment (pics) [Re: gorillagal]
Ms.Audrey Marie Offline

Loc: Buffalo NY USA
I dont recommend ever using ice. I actually go out of my way to tell my clients not to use ice at all. We are using the heat to do the damage why cool the heat when it can continue to work? I had also read a few articles about clients winding up with frost bite from it and nixed it all the way.

I give my clients 100% all natural aloe and they can use it as often as they like. At leas 2 x a day for 3 days.

If the hairs are breaking or pulling tweezing I would call that the incorrect setting and the hairs should as you said about previous treatments "slide out" that is a sure indication that the insertion was done correctly and the setting was at the right timing pluses and or heat index.

The insertion in the area is VERY sensitive but should not be unbearable. I would make sure the electrologist is using proper vision sometimes painful insertion and puling hairs can be an indication he or she can't see making insertion a bit off thus painful. The tissue should never perice or dimple it should be a smooth entrance into the follicle.

ALTHOUGH that does not mean that the treatment was not effective the work look good! let's wait and see what happens. Just a few things to think about!

Edited by Ms.Audrey Marie (07/18/13 04:50 PM)

#108017 - 07/18/13 05:42 PM Re: Finger Knucle Electrolysis Treatment (pics) [Re: Ms.Audrey Marie]
hankm77 Offline
Contributor

GG,

How long did it take for a full clearance on your knuckles?

#108023 - 07/18/13 09:07 PM Re: Finger Knucle Electrolysis Treatment (pics) [Re: hankm77]
gorillagal Offline
Major Contributor

Interesting Ms. Audrey, I guess I'll refuse cool packs from now on

@Hank All 10 knuckles took a little under 2 hours

Will report back with pics after healing

Thanks everyone!

#108035 - 07/18/13 11:09 PM Re: Finger Knucle Electrolysis Treatment (pics) [Re: gorillagal]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I agree with everything Audrey has advised.

Audrey, welcome to Hairtell. It is great to have you here as a professional. Please share and advise as much as you can. The more professionals offering advise here, the better!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#108036 - 07/18/13 11:12 PM Re: Finger Knucle Electrolysis Treatment (pics) [Re: dfahey]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
May I add that this is exactly the kind of work the larger diameter Kelly tips were developed for.

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

#108037 - 07/18/13 11:14 PM Re: Finger Knucle Electrolysis Treatment (pics) [Re: Ms.Audrey Marie]
stoppit&tidyup Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: London, UK
Hmm.. that's interesting.

After my hand and fingers treatment, they were on fiiiiiire. Josefa got me a bowl of ice cold water to immerse them in. Resulting in excellent results and dead follicles as is expected from her work.

I understand why one would think cooling would effect results but I don't see how it actually can. If the heat 'continued working' then there would be no need for the precision in insertion (depth, angles etc).
[27hrs of Blend, April 2008-Dec 2010 in UK, for coarse hair on lower sideburns, coarse chin hair, completed upper lip, shaped eyebrows]
[Sept 2011 to date, once yearly sessions with Josefa. Completed reduction of facial/neck fuzz in approx 27 hrs TTT]

#108041 - 07/19/13 02:01 AM Re: Finger Knucle Electrolysis Treatment (pics) [Re: stoppit&tidyup]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Aloe vera is nice, too, but I did some toes today and did nothing to them. She will do soap and water and all will be fine.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#108354 - 08/12/13 06:49 PM Re: Finger Knucle Electrolysis Treatment (pics) [Re: dfahey]
gorillagal Offline
Major Contributor

Hey everyone! I'm back with more photos if anyone cares about such a small area...
These were taken approximately week ago. I have shaved them recently so it doesn't make sense to take pictures of them now.
I do not think I will be returning to the electrologist I went to. I'm going with my gut. I have decided the amount of plucking I felt was not right, and looking at my knuckles now, some areas have darkened into a grey color from over-treatment.

Right click "view image" to see larger resolution.

Left Hand:

Thumb

Index

Middle

Ring

Pinky

#108355 - 08/12/13 06:52 PM Re: Finger Knucle Electrolysis Treatment (pics) [Re: gorillagal]
gorillagal Offline
Major Contributor

Right hand

Thumb

Index

Middle

Ring

Pinky

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Skin issues
by fenix
06:59 PM
Electrolysis Help
by Iluv2zap
11:23 AM
Japanese IME HR-5000
by Laurier
08:59 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
04/25/18 02:19 PM
Does this look right? Clean N Easy Deluxe aftermat
by 1876Eeyore
04/25/18 01:47 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9664
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3299
Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod