Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#98816 - 05/23/12 10:59 AM Re: Electrolysis Warning and Recommendation [Re: Hs Asd]
James W. Walker VII Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Buffalo NY, & Traveling the US...
Electrolysis should not cause wrinkles. While there are a few situations where it could, those situations come along with very obvious scarring and/or indentations in the skin.

I would increase your C and Zinc, with increased use of organic fruits and veggies, supplements, or why not do a full on Juicing program to super charge your nutrients, and rebalance the body.

Sponsored Links
#98824 - 05/23/12 06:08 PM Re: [Re: James W. Walker VII]
Hs Asd Offline

Many thanks for your advice

#106422 - 04/29/13 07:28 PM Re: [Re: Hs Asd]
emm Offline

hi there just wondering if ur wrinkles ever went i have had the same problem bad from electrolosis from to many sessions on a high setting and i have light skin so worried hope its not permanent thanks

#108479 - 08/22/13 02:14 AM Re: Electrolysis Warning and Recommendation [Re: Kaybee]
essqme Offline

Any updates from the members who posted here?
I am in the same boat. I started electrolysis in march of this year...around my 5/6 appointment, I started noticing pits around my upper lip area...I was freaking out. I went into this expecting to be hair free, no one told me about wrinkling, heck wrinkling wasn,t even mentioned as a side-effect! I had a talk with my electrologist regarding it, she basically told me it looks more like hyperpigmentation...I really don't know to be honest. I am a little mixed up, I am not even sure if this treatment is working on my hair. Sometimes I feel it is, othertimes I don't think it is working. I have a few coarse hair on my upper lip since I began this treatment in march, and I still have them!! Shouldn't they been gone by now?
I am so confused as to proceed with the treatment or not.
My electrologist is using an apilus pro, blend treatment. The hair comes out fine like butter. After treatment I only experience the regular swollen/red area which I have read about. It usually lasts about an hour or a few hours. The only time I felt the area was not getting any better was after my 5th treatment when the swelling didn't go away until the next day; and this was the same week I noticed the pitting/wrinkles.

How many treatments are recommended for the upper lip? Chin area? When do people start to notice a difference? I would really appreciate some feedback from the members and the experienced electrologists here.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
What does influence the kill rate?
by Josefa M. Reina
13 minutes 44 seconds ago
My experience, theories and questions
by zapmyface
35 minutes 13 seconds ago
Advise please, what is normal- process/ results?
by zapmyface
Today at 06:13 AM
Sensing the bottom of the follicle with probe
by Kellie
Today at 03:27 AM
Insulated needles when first learning?
by Kellie
Today at 03:08 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9644
James W. Walker VII 8054
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3248
Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod