Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#110243 - 10/30/13 11:12 PM Re: confused is it working or not ? [Re: SeanaTG]
Gretchen0b Offline

Major Contributor

Loc: Colorado
Helen electrolysis is absolutely positively guaranteed to be 100% permanent hair removal. When you pluck you are disrupting the hair cycle which disrupts the natural course of the hair. Now that you have stopped the hairs now have a chance to follow their natural hair cycle. Now all the stages of growth have a chance to show their ugly little heads. Anywhere from six to ten weeks give or take a few weeks a lot of your hair is finally going to be allowed to grow freely, that’s why there are so many more hairs. It’s not easy letting them grow but if you want to be hair free you have too. Like Arlene said “clip them with scissors and go to your electrologist more often”.

www.pcelectrolysis.com

Thread Sponsors
#110244 - 10/30/13 11:22 PM Re: confused is it working or not ? [Re: SeanaTG]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I understand there are women with worse situations than myself however it doesn't change how I feel about dark hairs on my chin If I feel this way with what I have now you can imagine my fears on the situation becoming worse. Its having to go out everyday to collect the kids and be around people I know and them seeing them that is the issue I have to give it time for a few to come I suppose otherwise I'd get treated once a week and another come come in the next day least going every 2 weeks I get one week to be clear. £12 isn't much to spend but I do only earn 8k a year myself with a mortgage and 2 kids along with all the other bills so twice a month is as much as I really want to spend although If I had the money I would spend a million to be rid. I am still skeptical plucking 2 weeks for a year with only 2 all be it different hairs come in each time and now its increased since doing the electrolysis has nothing to do with the electrolysis I guess I maybe letting my anxieties take over it would be nice to speak with someone who's been though this process rather than someone who maybe an electrolysis? I'm sorry I don't know your situation and it sounds like from what you say you may now how I feel and have the same issues. I have discussed with my husband whether to go back to the doctors seek another electrolysis or continue with this one at present I am continuing as its only been 12 weeks at next treatment. I may have to go with someone else in winter though as she is 30 mins from us we have had bad ice in UK for last 2 winters where roads have been cut off I live in the sticks and the women I visit lives even more in the sticks and treats from her house, I do believe some of the roads may flood or be closed with ice if we have another bad winter and I may have to use somewhere else temp as I do not plan to ever tweeze these area's again, If I had to stop electrolysis for what ever reason I think it would bleach and snip with scissors but still holding out for the electrolysis. As for the upper lip I am certain I am fine with this I have had upper lip hair since I was a teenager and in whole that time no one had ever known to my knowledge but shaving or waxing I would never do to the other area's so not easily disguised. My mother in law in her early 70's and sister in law later 40's are open that they use cream to rip of upper lip hair and its never caused them any issues I wouldn't have know if they didn't say, so I do not feel the money and time needed to rid of upper lip hair is warranted to an area that hasn't caused me any issues and would rather it spent on an area like my chin and breasts which do upset me. It is well know that lots of women rip them self of upper lip hair but unfortunately it is less know and most men don't know that women get chin and breast hairs and I know these will unfortunately for women like us always be social taboo's

#110245 - 10/30/13 11:33 PM Re: confused is it working or not ? [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Thank you for your reply Gretchen it's nice to get an explanation as to why more hairs might be coming in sooner using this process this I did not understand and maybe explained by what you say. I may just have to go every 2 weeks as I am now rather than 3 which I was doing previously. I will leave going back to the doctors until the new year and will make a decision on whether to stick with this electrolysis then too or If I have to try someone else which I may have to compare this winter as I do have much closer centre's but unfortunately they are not registered on the official electrolysis website where as she is which extra confidence over the others.

#110246 - 10/30/13 11:39 PM Re: confused is it working or not ? [Re: Helen1983]
Gretchen0b Offline

Major Contributor

You have 12-18 months to go through all the hair cycles and see electrolysis through to the finish. Deal with it now and be done with it or deal with it the rest of your life. People do not look at you as closely as you think they do, we are, are own worse critics.

www.pcelectrolysis.com

#110247 - 10/30/13 11:53 PM Re: confused is it working or not ? [Re: Gretchen0b]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

You have quoted one of my husbands saying people do not look at you are closely as you think they do he doesn't see what the fuss is about, he doesn't really care what people think about him and unfortunately I have always been more of a shy person who's self conscious anyways. Even so I do keep my bra on when the nipple hairs come though because he did pull a face trying not to show me when I told him about those, but I do feel keeping it to myself would have made me worse he my husband and my best friend my rock that I couldn't be without. Fingers crossed the process works for me as I know it has for others and I can go back to my old self which isn't so emotional and reliant for my husband for self assurance. If anything it has shown me just how lucky I am to have him.

Edited by Helen1983 (10/30/13 11:54 PM)

#110248 - 10/30/13 11:58 PM Re: confused is it working or not ? [Re: Helen1983]
Gretchen0b Offline

Major Contributor

If your husband loves you then he loves all of you, including your unwanted hair. Be patient it will end if you stick with it. Spend some time reading this website and you will educate yourself and have a fair understanding of electrolysis.

www.pcelectrolysis.com

#110249 - 10/31/13 12:16 AM Re: confused is it working or not ? [Re: Gretchen0b]
SeanaTG Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: The Great White North eh
Helen you have 2 professional electrolysists and one amateur ALL SAYING THE SAME THING though I'm not as eloquent smile. Yep, hair sucks! Deal with it with electrolysis and then be done with it. Good luck!

Edited by SeanaTG (10/31/13 12:17 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by dfahey
Today at 01:26 AM
When Can I start and who to see In nj?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Showing my work...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
My Skin Years After Last Session
by dj355
10/21/17 04:36 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/19/17 09:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 103 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod