Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#110990 - 12/01/13 03:33 PM applying spironolactone on topically?
Eve_ Offline

There is so little talk about using the spironolactone . Why? Im thinking of asking my doctor about it.
Anyways for anyone interested i found this : http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss-info/anti-androgen-spironolactone.htm

says spironolactone could be used topically. Im curious as to what are your thought on this.

Sponsored Links
#110998 - 12/01/13 10:57 PM Re: applying spironolactone on topically? [Re: Eve_]
SeanaTG Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: The Great White North eh
Spiro needs to get into the blood stream to be effective. That isnt going to happen topically. I took it for about a year before moving to something stronger. It can have some serious effects on blood presssure. One reason I wouldnt recommend it topically is because the dose would not be consistent. The idea behind spiro is to ge tthe blood Testosterone levels down to low...and stable levels which a topical could not provide.

I dont see why you would want to in the first place? The pills arent much larger thn an aspirin and easy to get down.They are usually peppermint flavoured and I could generally do it without even using water.

Seana

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 09:16 PM
Feeling tired after electrolysis sessions
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 09:10 AM
Journey of a young French lady
by adrien_sanchiz
10/18/17 07:34 AM
should i continue laser hair removal?
by skydivingjess
10/17/17 11:12 PM
Electrolysis and Hydroquinone
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
10/15/17 06:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3159
Who's Online
1 registered (TheFlyingProbe), 100 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod