consumer hair removal forum
Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#120979 - 02/18/16 05:19 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

ha nightmare out of shower look in mirror make sure all my make up has been removed look close as still have some foundation on to remove discovered a tiny black hair on lower side of my chin frown.

I think its been over a year now since I've actually had a black hair on my chin, makes you feel like crap don't it.

I'll try to not let it get me down, you always wondered whether its going to be the start of a whole bunch popping up. Hope not.

It's so small its not worth going in yet and I've nothing else to worry about at present so I'll see how it grows and soon as it gets any length will book in to get the thing killed.

2 years of treatments and I'm going in every 2-3 months now which is a heck of a lot better than were I started from but still gets me down from time to time that I've been cursed like this, its a blessing I've found electrolysis.

Thread Sponsors
#120982 - 02/18/16 09:09 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
fedcba_123 Offline

Hi! May I know if yours excess hair was caused by laser stimulation or medical issues? Thanks!

#120983 - 02/18/16 10:37 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: fedcba_123]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Originally Posted By fedcba_123
Hi! May I know if yours excess hair was caused by laser stimulation or medical issues? Thanks!

Those are some of the causes for excess hair, but genetics (blueprint from your relatives), stress, underlying medical problem and medications are some other causes of excess hair growth.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#121010 - 02/24/16 02:11 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I would never say I have had an excessive hair issue but perhaps abnormal to what is deamed normal for females or at least I thought so, it seems lots of women have these issues unfortunately.

I don't have a beard or mushtash I had random dark hairs, have never had more than 10 minutes treatment and now although I pay for 10 minutes its done in 5 and I go once every 2-3 months. When I started I do originally go every 2.5-3 weeks.

I have been told I have no hormonal issues and have never had laser, my mum has dark hairs on her face and arms but unfortunately my mother is disabled and unable to communicate with me, I therefore presume the problem is hereditary this is also what my Dr believes after conducing blood tests and finding no issues.
I am also a person who is easily stressed lol that won't help me.

I will add that I never had issues before coming off birth control, when I had the meriva coil fitted it gave me horrible breast pains erratic periods weight gain and eventually having it removed I started to get darker hairs on upper lip and hairs on my chin, hairs around my nipples started during my 2nd pregnancy they were only 1 or 2 popping up at at time but depressing enough to want to get rid.

Edited by Helen1983 (02/24/16 02:16 PM)

#121011 - 02/24/16 07:03 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
hairy Harry Online
Major Contributor

It is very frustrating when you think `there's no improvement ' (I've been there) .... Electrolysis is a long and costly process but when it works and it's done right it's permanent!..

#121475 - 03/30/16 03:57 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Random dark hair popped up on my stomach wondering whether I'm eating something I shouldn't be going to look at diet again, I've a few very pale hairs below chin and upper lip like fluff I'd also like removing so fingers crossed electrolysis can fit me in next week. I've recently read a post by someone else regarding lengthy upper lip treatment my lip is taking for ever and just doesn't seem to have improved like the other areas I am again seriously thinking of trying someone else for this which is rather scarey since the one I go to is the only one actually registered with British electrolysis in my area.
10 minutes every now and again just isn't yealding results and she's reluctant to work any longer on it.

#121477 - 03/30/16 08:24 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

If one has a very good set up and superb skill the upper lip can be worked on longer than "old school" 10-15 minutes.

I have done many upper lip fuzzy fluff and coarse hairs and have worked 30-45 minutes at a time - sometimes an hour! No ill effects. No harm.

There is a way to do this, but it can't be done with certain epilators and if one can't SEE to make perfect insertions, then they should not be venturing into treatment times of over 10 - 15 minutes.

"Old school" verses "new school"? That's what you are experiencing now. If your Electrologist learned this and feels she shouldn't do more, then she shouldn't do more.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#121480 - 03/30/16 09:19 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I posted this on another thread, but is worth a repeat. I routinely work on upper and lower lips well over 15 minutes WITH MY EQUIPMENT. Not everyone can do this if they have an older epilator.

This is a pre-electrolysis picture of the hairiest vellus hair lip I have ever seen. I purposely chose an extreme case, that is not the normal fuzzy lip case. She bleached the hair. Sorry it is a little blurry.

This picture was taken after her 16th session, 10 months after we started. We worked 47 minutes on her upper and lower lip. We did 525 insertions. So far, she has had 11,535 insertions and is at the 16 hour and 1 minute mark.

I will add a lip picture update here after Thursday. She is coming for an appointment for another area that we have been working on.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#121485 - 03/30/16 07:29 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Impressive that you could see that bleached vellus hair for insertions!

#121505 - 04/02/16 09:20 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

incredible work Dee

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Apilus Xcell for SALE Mint condition!
by James W. Walker VII
Today at 12:20 PM
Lasting results
by Iluv2zap
Today at 11:44 AM
Recommended machine to buy in 2017?
by TheFlyingProbe
Yesterday at 09:11 AM
Afraid of Laser Hair Stimulation
by purple potato
Yesterday at 07:26 AM
is thermolysis safe on asian skin?
by geri
11/15/17 11:43 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9606
James W. Walker VII 8046
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3167
Who's Online
0 registered (), 91 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod