consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#113112 - 03/27/14 12:16 PM progress thus far
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Although I've been doing Electrolysis for some time since August I'd like to try and keep a record of my progress should have really started earlier but hear goes.
Been to my 7 month appointment this morning, I didn't have any black hairs on my chin any longer its been 3 months since I've had one appear although I did have around 6 long thin ones zapped 1 was white the rest were brown, it took around 4-5 weeks for these hairs to appear.
I also had hairs around my nipples removed about 6 on the left just one was black the rest were pale brown and 3 removed from the right all pale brown, these took around 2 weeks to start coming through after last appointment.
For the first time I had hairs removed from my upper lip this was more painful that any other area I had them removed from the corners of my lip around 4 on the left side and 5 on the right.
hope for more progress at the next appointment thus far the progress has been that I am able to add the upper lip into my 10 minute sessions, the hairs are paler and no longer seem to be thick black and the hairs on the chin are taking twice as long to grow new ones. I started going in every 2-3 weeks but this appointment was 6 weeks on from my last, So I'm starting to believe this is going to work for me fingers crossed. Oh I also had a dark hair on my hand removed around 5 months ago which hasn't come back.

Edited by Helen1983 (03/27/14 12:22 PM)

Thread Sponsors
#113117 - 03/27/14 03:33 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
LillyoftheValley Offline
Contributor

Loc: toronto, Canada
Hi Helen,

I have a question about the soon to be gone hair on your upper lip area and areolas. Are the hairs as thick as they were on your chin? I am currently pursuing electrolysis on my chin and neck, and is considering areolas in the near future.
To my understanding, you only had one treatment on your nipples so far?

#113118 - 03/27/14 03:53 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: LillyoftheValley]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

No I have been going for the last 7 months for treatment around areolas and on my chin I started in August 2013, and have had around 10 treatments now in both these area's.
Today was my first session on upper lip removal only in the corners as this is the only area I get dark ones. They are brown and thin I have previously bleached or when going on holiday removed with cream but since I have extra time and have to pay for 10 minutes I added it to the sessions.
I have not had any hair removed from the neck I don't have any issues in this area.
The hair around my areolas was a mix of thin brown and thin black the ones on my chin were thicker and black originally, they are all coming in thin and brown now apart from the 1 thin black one today around nipples.

#113119 - 03/27/14 03:55 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I started having hair around areola when I was pregnant with my daughter who is soon to be 7, my electrolysis says this is common. My chin hairs started around 18 months - 2 years ago when I came off the pill.
She did tell me because I'd been plucking what seemed only a couple of hairs every 1 or 2 on around areola since I was pregnant this area would take longer to clear than my chin.
Hope that helps.

#113252 - 04/08/14 09:58 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

So everything was going great been going every 5 to 6 weeks removing pale brown hairs from my chin and around nipples. Its been around 3 - 3.5 months since I've had a black hair on my chin when bam out of no were 12 days since my last appointment one appears under my chin black gutted does not come close. I do not have the time to travel 40 minutes with working for this week or next just to remove one hair frown I stupidly thought all the black ones were gone and I'd be doing with paler ones from now on that I could cope with between appointment. I also thought I wouldn't get any so soon, I'm on holiday end of May so was really happy with the progress feels like gone backwards now bloody face. I can feel it under my fingers when I glid under the area haven't felt any like that in 3-3.5 months too.

Edited by Helen1983 (04/08/14 10:11 AM)

#113253 - 04/08/14 11:07 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
emilily Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Hey smile When I get one out of the blue, I just cut it short with a pair of scissors! If it's under your chin it wont be obvious and hopefully you can live with it until your next appointment!

Current (Apilus Platinum):
Chin, lip, sides: Starting 30/08/13 1420 minutes
Tummy: 1 hr 21/09, 1 hr 30/09/13, 1.5 13/01, 1.5 08/04, .5hr 26/06, 1 hr 17/11/14,.25 hr 09/03/15, .25 31/07/2015
Chest/underarm: 2 hr 12/10, 1 hr 21/10, 1.5 hours 12/12/13, 1.5hours 11/02, 1.5 08/05, .5hr 26/6, 1hr 05/08, 1hr 17/11/14, .75hr 09/03/15, .5hr 13/07/15

Most recent: 45mins 08/10/2015, 30mins 02/16, 1hr 24/06/16, 1hr 11/10/16

#113482 - 04/25/14 12:39 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: emilily]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Just been for what I think is my 12th or 13th session on the chin and areola 8 months of going and 2nd session on upper lip.
Removed 1 thick hair from chin and one thin but darker in color hair, removed 1 hair each from the left and right areola I didn't count but probably around 10 hairs removed from upper lip. Paid for 10 minute session as always.
Really hoping it lasts longer this time I was going ages between appointment but I got new hairs without 2 weeks of last session.

Edited by Helen1983 (04/25/14 12:41 PM)

#113484 - 04/25/14 12:57 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Sounds like we should be singing, 'Oh, Hapoy Day" together. You are getting closer to your goal with so few hairs. Be grateful and hug your electrologist.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#113661 - 05/09/14 08:21 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: dfahey]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

So its been 2 weeks since my last appointment 8 months in upper lip nice and hairy pale brown hairs I have 1 thin darker brown hair the left side of my chin and 1 think darker brown hair just outside my left areola. Gutted at the time between hairs reappearing it used to take up to 4 weeks to come and I'd book in 5-6 weeks time but even though I think I'm getting less hair coming in they are coming in more frequent puzzling and annoying. I plan to see her again in 1.5 - 2 weeks time since I am going on holiday in 2 weeks and am keeping all my fingers crossed now appear whilst I'm abroad on the chin that is I know I have only just started out on the upper lip. I still have the 1 mark on my upper lip but seems paler and this time I still have 2 red marks on my breast from last treatment this usually scabs and does without a week so again rather annoying still keeping the faith not much else I can do.

#113662 - 05/09/14 08:36 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
iLikeDIY Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: St. Louis, MO
Punctuation would work wonders for you in your posts! But, congratulations! Keep it up

#113664 - 05/09/14 10:18 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: iLikeDIY]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I'm not into the punctuation police online work college yes online can't be bothered sorry.
I am rather disappointed frequency is getting closer together so not sure on congratulations not how I'm feeling, but will keep it up and keeping hope x

Edited by Helen1983 (05/09/14 10:19 AM)

#113670 - 05/09/14 03:18 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Suggestion for Helen:

"Toss in" a period now and then (preferably at the end of a sentence); this will make reading your posts much easier ... and more understandable!

#113676 - 05/09/14 05:04 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Michael Bono]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Michael that history teacher / writer side of you will always be there.

Yes, Helen, I would appreciate seeing some punctuation, too. I'm trying to be mindful of all of the run on sentences I make here. How am I doing Michael!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#113677 - 05/09/14 05:08 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: dfahey]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Those dear, sweet, gentle Catholic nuns, for my twelve years of primary and secondary education, were never short on constructive feedback, in regard to my writing assignments. I think my Mom should have bought them a case of red pens for all the comments made.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#113679 - 05/09/14 08:25 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: dfahey]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

completely going off subject as to what this is ment to be my own hair diary so I can keep track of my own experiences and what is happening at each electrolysis session and between.
I am not really writing it for anyone else to read if they wish to do so then it is open for them to do so in this forum. I think I have already address my response to the punctuation police.

#113855 - 05/20/14 05:13 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Well its 3.5 weeks since my last appointment, I have 2 thin brown hairs on my chin either side underneath the chin they came in around 2 weeks after. Then this afternoon spotted a thin but darker black one in the middle of my chin arrr. I hate them on the chin and not underneath, I actually went to a salon this morning and booked in to get my eye brows waxed tinted and nails done tomorrow before hols this Friday. I was all pleased and looking forward to it, now I've got to sit there for 1.5 hours with this blooming hair in middle of my chin, as I'm going to electrolysis Thursday eve and can't cut it short frown am going to be so embarrest.
I am at least glad it came in before I did go away to Italy to get zapped and hope no more appear whilst I am away to spoil my break. Will of course be taking the nail scissors with me just in case.

#114034 - 06/09/14 05:38 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

16 days from my last appointment and I have a nasty dark brown hair on the right side of my chin along with 3 other long blonde hairs frown after seeing my electrolysis for 9 months soon to be the 10 month mark I was hoping that I wouldn't keep getting hairs in so soon. I never feel her pluck and I don't get black thick hairs anymore they are thin brown or blonde ones now. Soo depressed keeping at it, my electrolysis is in her 60's and has been doing this since her 20's. I am so scared my hormones are out of wack she's not doing it right or I'm expecting too much for this length of time. I am been to a doctor all normal hormones they did suggest Diante which I declined just encase I was sensitive to testosterone although levels were fine.
I am seriously thinking of giving someone else a try but too scared to just encase they don't do it properly.

#114035 - 06/09/14 05:40 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I am also scared at seeing little pin prick holes around my areola which has been area's treated. They used to go away after a long time but they just seem to be staying there now not attractive.

#114059 - 06/12/14 07:47 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
iLikeDIY Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Originally Posted By: Helen1983
completely going off subject as to what this is ment to be my own hair diary so I can keep track of my own experiences and what is happening at each electrolysis session and between.
I am not really writing it for anyone else to read if they wish to do so then it is open for them to do so in this forum. I think I have already address my response to the punctuation police.

Lets keep it friendly, obviously. But it begs the question, if posting in a forum wouldn't you be inviting other people to read it? If you weren't, you would simply write in a journal or perhaps a word document on your computer. I just think it might get your ideas across a little better, and also as a courtesy for your readers. I'm not a punctuation nazi but I've gone cross eyed a couple of times trying to make out what it is you have to say.

That being said i do enjoy your posts smile

#114060 - 06/12/14 12:43 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: iLikeDIY]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Your statement, iLikeDIY, is easy to agree with.

Helen, pricks around the aeroela, is a temporary nuisance, well worth putting up with, in order to have coarse hair eliminated permanently. One hair on your chin for the holiday? Just clip it close to the skin.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#114061 - 06/12/14 01:28 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: dfahey]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Hi Dfahey
Do you feel I am making good progress for 9 months in? I do not seem to get thick dark hairs anymore but I do still get some dark hairs just thinner. When I started I would have about 5 thick black hairs on the chin. Now I have maybe 1 black / dark brown hair on chin each appointment, but usually I have 1 or 2 paler brown ones to treat too. I am happy that I am no longer getting the hidious thick ones I used to but at conceltation I was explained that the time between treatments would spread out but from the hairs coming in every 1-2 weeks to now every 2-3 weeks? after 9 months of going in for treatment every 3-4 weeks. Sorry lot of numbers there was just hoping for more and scared to try anyone else after this length of time. Should I stick at it for the year mark.
She told me to begin with she thought it would take 8-10 treatments to get under control and then I may not see her for months on end and should be 18 months - 2 years to completely dead everything. Then I would not need treatment again until I went through menopause or got pregnant not possible since hubby had snip anything to mess with my hormones may bring new hairs.
I don't know how many treatments in total I've been too wish I had started a diary earlier I estimate about 15 now? every appointment has been 10 minutes long. However the last 3 appointment I have added the corner of my upper lips too.

Edited by Helen1983 (06/12/14 01:51 PM)

#114062 - 06/12/14 01:34 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I was able to go on holiday and didn't have any hairs at all I went for my last treatment on 22nd May the day before I went to Italy it was 6 days after I returned 16 days after appointment that the hairs couple of hairs popped up on my chin. Although I admit only 1 is really visible I've snipped for now.
What would everyone else do ? I would just like rid of these pesky things, I know my case is not as bad as most. Should I stick with her or try somewhere else she is the only one officially registered but there are lots of others that do the treatment too much closer. I worry that she is doing it without plucking but perhaps under treating in some area's and not killing them completely hence coming back weaker months later? if I go elsewhere will they pluck and make the whole situation worse

Edited by Helen1983 (06/12/14 01:38 PM)

#114063 - 06/12/14 02:18 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I would not say I’m a “word Nazi.” But you may call me that if you wish. Yeah, I’ll go with it. Fine!

A long time ago I fell in love … with the English language. I know other languages are easier and have fewer grammatical idiosyncrasies, etc. However, the shading and coloring of the English language is unmatched.

I remember when I lived in Germany (and yes, I love Germany), that the use of “schoen” started to annoy me: it’s the German word for “beautiful.” But for me, “schoen” (schön) is used too often and for nearly everything. Everything is just “schoen!”

Just think of all the color an English-speaking person can add to the simple idea of beautiful … consider all the expressive words we have for “beautiful.” The beauty of a woman is different than the beauty of, say, a sunset … and we have marvelous words to communicate these diverse sensitivities.

In my own writing, I edit all the time. I take time to attempt to communicate my thoughts. I sometimes fail because I did not spend enough time editing. (And yes, I do intentionally write sentence-fragments.)

Once written, you can’t take it back! I’m often frustrated when speaking with others, because I know some of the words I want to use will not be understood. But our culture’s continual “dumbing down” is repugnant to me. Probably, in a hundred years, we will be limited to a few grunts and gestures?

And the “F-word?” I can barely stand the new movies … not because F-word is a bad word, but because it’s BORING! No originality, no impact any more … the F-word has completely lost any meaning.

In the United State we have butchered the once-glorious English language, and folks are (sadly) doing the same in Britain too. (I do not like the American accent, and if I had my way, we would all speak the “Queen’s English” … like it’s supposed to be spoken).

You only have to read a couple lines of Will Shakespeare to see how far we have ALL come in destroying our language. (Oh, and Shakespeare didn’t have “spell-check” and, of course, no computer. How was that possible?)

Indeed, Helen stridently invited me to not read her posts. And I don’t.

And, you don’t have to read my long-winded posts either! Ah, “choice!” It's SCHOEN!

#114064 - 06/12/14 03:46 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Michael Bono]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

The whole point of this as stated was to help me keep track of my progress, I do not mind if people read I simply ask that if you wish to comment you stick with the tread and do not go off point telling me how I should write in my own diary. I find it completely RUDE off point childish on a forum completely unhelpful. When I wish to look back and read through to see how things are going I do not want to read 10 threads on how my English is! either read enjoy read comment on the thread electrolysis or don't comment at all. To be 100% honest with you Michael you maybe an extremely skilled electrolysis I do not know you only what I have read but I find A LOT of your comments on this forum very Rude and unhelpful to those posting most often for help. If you have nothing nice to say and people frustrate you asking same questions over and over again don't comment no one is asking you to, you do so yourself. I am what I am I write how I write and I don't change for no one especially in an online forum, its not work I do write as I think in a diary and do not fuss over corrections so others feel better reading. Just to comment on Queens English, England is made up of many counties and cities and we all have our own unique dialect of the queens English majority of England do not speak the same as the queen herself, we all have our own accents and wordings as I am sure America maybe similar.

Edited by Helen1983 (06/12/14 04:21 PM)

#114067 - 06/12/14 07:18 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Well, actually I did read your post, Helen … not easy, mind you.

I agree with you that I can sound “rude.” You are not the first one to say this and I wear my CPA with a certain amount of shame … but not too much.

However, there is a big difference between being rude and being critical. I never state my criticism in a personal way and it should not be taken as such. Furthermore, it takes a good deal of skill and education to be able to hear and understand criticism without getting angry.

Why do people get instantaneously insulted and livid over nothing? I was raised on it so I suppose it’s in my nature.

People that offer constructive criticism do so because they CARE. I have a couple friends that are well-known “names” in entertainment and the arts. Our conversations are all about criticism. Sometimes it’s good and we advance … sometimes not. But, I don’t take it personally.

I left the teaching profession years ago when “bi-lingual education” got started (I was, and am, opposed to teaching American schools in any other language except English). I also got a taste of the “self-esteem politically correct” nonsense that is now the norm in our schools.

I don’t think we should “cave” to mediocrity in any form.

In my class, if a kid handed in a poorly written paper, he got a D or an F. Now, the kid would go to the principle, have his parents complain and I would have to change his grade! I don’t think praise that is unearned helps anybody. As a result, we have become a society of whiners and crybabies.

My only criticism of your post is your demand that people stay within the subject that you have determined. Not happening!

The beauty of this precious and rare website is the openness and freedom it allows. This is the only reason I post here, and no other place. People are free to say whatever they wish and there is no “dictator” making sure that their thoughts are appropriate.

And, yeah, sure, I’m an “asshat!” But a sort of cuddly one.

#114068 - 06/12/14 07:47 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

There are all kinds of writing styles on Internet blogs. For former teachers, like Michael, it is hard to read some of these relaxed styles of writing and for me having gone through 12 years of Catholic school where I was taught by Dominican and Franciscan nuns, well, they spared no mercy when it came to promoting effective, precise writing skills, right down to the last period and crossing of the "t", all in the name of communicating better. So, it is hard for me, too. I'm still not perfect. In fact, the Internet has made me a worse failure when it comes to spelling. I tend to now memorize the wrong way to spell a word, erasing all the hard work over a lifetime of spelling words correctly. I am thankful for spellcheck!

I have come to ignore posters who are incoherent or hard to understand, not because I am mean, but because it zaps too much energy from me to put the puzzle together or ask obvious questions. If posts are really long and there are no paragraphs, well, I move on in order to keep my frustration level down. Nothing personal. I love everybody and it is not a goal of mine to do remedial writing on Hairtell. That's not what we are here for and I am not qualified to "teach" others and most of them aren't receptive to that because they are who they are.

We all want to be courteous to each other and part of being courteous, involves clear communication, which involves standard, simple codes of writing. It doesn't have to be "Catholic School" perfect (mine still isn't ),but at least separate sentences and start some new paragraphs when there is a new thought or idea.

There is no need to battle over this subject or create hard feelings. It is no different than following some simple rules for driving a car or first come first serve in the store or playing soccer. Everything has rules attached in order to communicate clearly and to lessen the chaos.

Now dear Helen, about your progress. I think all sounds very good and what your Electrologist told you is what I tell my clients. If you stop seeing her, then the next Electrologist will look like an electrologist goddess because she will be come in on the easy part of this process and take you home in those last six months. She will look like the heroine when in actuality, the first electrologist did all the hard work.

I wouldn't stop seeing your present Electrologist. You said that you are seeing progress. Just remember though, it does take a good 12-18 months for it to be really under control, however, I have had a few clients that will call me and say one hair, in the same spot is BACK beyond the 24 month mark. Do we really know it is the same hair? No. We just stay patient and get it!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#114072 - 06/12/14 09:15 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: dfahey]
Summercrush Offline
Contributor

Dear Helen,
These are the words that helped me through some of my toughest times, (found in the middle of a long-forgotten random post somewhere on hair tell) - 'git 'er done!'.
I'm paraphrasing here but the message was to buckle down, make a plan, stick with it and it will be over sooner than you think. I don't want to sound unkind, or dismissive, but please don't let 1 (or 2? 3?) hairs preoccupy to the extent you're getting 'scared' or 'sad'.

Electrolysis works, and you ARE seeing improvement. You will get there in the end! Be positive!

#114075 - 06/12/14 10:02 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Summercrush]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Michael my only response is as I have stated before I am not writing in School or for work I would of course write as you say I should in those circumstances and do daily for WORK.
In UK when anyone comments as you have done to my posts online the most common response is normally get a life its seen as rather pretentious in England. People do not threat over these subjects as you seem to writing on line is a lot more relaxed sorry if that offends.

Edited by Helen1983 (06/12/14 10:04 PM)

#114076 - 06/12/14 10:12 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Thank you for the positive posts guys I will never go back to plucking but doubt inevitably stick in your mind whilst going though this journey.
Fingers crossed I keep seeing progress, the main think I want at present is longer between a hair cropping up. I do feel so happy when there isn't a hair at all I am so confident and really try to make the most of those days.

#114079 - 06/13/14 03:50 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes, just keep moving forward, Helen. You won't regret it!

Time for some fun with Nuns with Guns.

ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#114080 - 06/13/14 05:34 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: dfahey]
SIGMA Offline
Major Contributor

Dee, they might be nuns with guns, but maybe not the Vatican Women's Rifle Team....still a great photo, thanks for sharing!

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/201465783305225112/

......Lynda Gutierrez • 13 weeks ago

Hoax. There was no such Vatican Rifle Team. This photo is from the summer of 1957 in Kingston, MA at the Sisters of Divine Providence summer camp, Mishannock.

S.r. DiMarco • 13 weeks ago

How sad!

#114081 - 06/13/14 05:39 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: SIGMA]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes, the person who sent this to me said it was a hoax. Good job, for investigating that SIGMA!

I loved the nuns of my day. They were truly angels on earth!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#114090 - 06/15/14 06:19 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Michael Bono]
SeanaTG Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: The Great White North eh
Originally Posted By: Michael Bono
People are free to say whatever they wish and there is no “dictator” making sure that their thoughts are appropriate.

And, yeah, sure, I’m an “asshat!” But a sort of cuddly one.

Sigh. I really should leave well enough alone, but instead I'm going to step in the big pile. I dont know why I do this , but whatever.

Since it was me that first gave reference to "asshat" I suppose I'll address it. Honestly, Michael, you hit the nail on the head with your last quoted statement , well almost. While the few moderators around here dont often interfere with what is said they have in the past, and do have the authority to do so. Just ask the monkey pee spammers.
But by hitting the nail on the head, I meant that for the most part, people are free to say what they want within reason. They are also free to express those feelings in the MANNER that they wish. It must absolutely drive you batshit to read one of my posts, since I dont always break paragraphs the way I should, and I often leave glaring spelling errors. But that is how I feel comfortable, and it's how I express myself in writing (some minor autism and dyslexia symptoms probably dont help either!) . When you read one of my posts, quite often you'll find that it's changed before you even finish reading it, I often go back and edit after posting, adding things, looking for the red underlines to see where i screwed up spelling something or other.. But guess what? It's how I express myself, how I'll always express myself, whether or not it annoys some guy half a continent away who used to be an english teacher.And Helen is right that she has every right to keep her removal journal, in whatever format she wished because SHE TOO has a right to express herself in the manner she is comfortable.

I'd like to point out one of the primary goals of hairtell. It's one of the main reasons that people post here. They are seeking the opportunity to express frustration, to talk about what is causing them problems with hair removal, concerns over skin quality or the possibility that the treatment is causing lifelong scarring. Or lack of progress. And they are willing and able to do so, so long as they dont feel like they will be overly criticised, called out ( by name) in other unrelated posts and made to feel like their experiences arent valid, or called OCD. That's contrary to what hairtell is trying to accomplish.

Michael, I have to tell you, I have the utmost respect for your level of experience. You know things that some of us can only dream of attaining knowledge of, knowledge that is commensurate with someone who has practised electrolysis for over 40 years. That experience is a valued resource here, and there have been several here who have stood up and said as much, and overlooked that on a fairly regular basis people get pissed because you've been overcritical. People who, came here for help and advice, and got overly aggresive or critical responses in return. On multiple occasions I myself have stood up for you, and said that while you do come off as more than a little rough around the edges, that your opinions ( and criticisms) are often right on the mark. Yet I called you an asshat. Why?

Because being overly critical has driven away some of the people that we try to help here at hairtell. I've watched you call out Helen by name, multiple times, both to myself in private, and publicly on these forums. I'm really not surprised then that she would eventually take serious offense to what you have said about her, or even say screw you if you dont like what I post dont read it. Or that others have left because they didnt feel they could post further, when the result is that they get called OCD by someone who likes to think of themselves as a medical professional, but has never been to medical school. While I personally think it's right on and acceptable to take on the technical aspects of electrolysis (something you do very well) I personally think it is completely unacceptable to belittle someones personality because they have very legitimate concerns about their treatment , progress, or feelings over their hair removal process. I honestly think that that does hairtell, and everyone here, a dis-service no matter how you feel about a certain individual, or how many times the same issue has been addressed and you dont feel like addressing it for the 1000000001'st time .

Honestly, I think it better that you stick to commenting on the technical aspects ( that part you do so well) but take a skip on the personal criticisms. But in the end, what you post is up to you. Just like what Helen posts, is up to her, most especially on her personal blog of hair removal progress.

Helen, I have to Echo Dee's comments about staying with the same electrologist. IT does sound as if you are making progress and the returning hair is getting less and less.And I'd like to share some experience with you.
When I started doing electrolysis, I thought the hair would never end. I did so many hours I though my eyeballs would start to bleed. Over time, I did less. There was ALWAYS hair to remove, but I had to schedule around my life, around the kids schedules, but always the hair was there. Then at some point I realized it was becoming less and less. It would take me 2 days to clear my right cheek. Then a day. Then a few hours in the afternoon. I would alternate parts of my face. I removed so much hair , there was just no accounting for all of it. I honestly think that the number of out of phase hairs is massively underestimated and reported.At the time, I honestly didnt think I was doing it right! How could I be? I was putting in easily 20-30 hours a week of electrolysis on myself alone and there was still hair.
But that "less and less" factor really started to show itself in a very short period at the end. By the time I hit 6 months, I was spending maybe 3 hours a week where I used to do 30. Then 2. Yesterday I cleared my face in under an hour , with blend ( and my self-blend is SLOW ASS!). I hadnt done any work on my upper face in a month! I reached that point around 6 months in, like it was someone was at first slowly, then very quickly, turning off the hair tap and I REALLY noticed it in a very short time period. I do far more electrolysis on others , than I do on myself these days.

When I read your journal Helen, I am looking at where you are progress wise, and thinking to myself , someone is slowly turning off the hair tap. It's going to go much faster from here on in, and Dee is absolutely right that the hard work , is done at this point.Congratulations!!! Going forward, that tap will get turned off at a much faster rate.Stick with it, you are almost there.

Seana

#114093 - 06/15/14 11:41 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: SeanaTG]
iLikeDIY Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Way to fan the fire there.

#114096 - 06/16/14 12:30 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: iLikeDIY]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

he he he ... iLikeDIY! Funny comment!

But seriously, no problem with a little well-earned criticism. There is absolutely no “fire” on this end. Besides I already know what Seana is saying is pretty accurate (I think I already usurped all her basic points myself in an earlier post … I’m pretty good at self-flagellation.)

I almost never defend myself from criticism; instead I try to learn from it. When people criticize you, it’s because they care about you. I really believe this. Besides, I don’t think Seana was trying to be mean-spirited, I really don’t. I have come to understand her character and I like it!

Sure, I'll try harder to put less "edge" on my writing ... I can do this.

I'm not completely sure that everyone here would want me to limit myself to the subjects Seana thinks I should limit myself to (YIKES, talk about bad grammar!) I mean, I’m supposed to only talk about “technical things,” when there is so much fun stuff going on in this big crazy world?

Remember too, with a truly open forum, like this one, you never know what "you're in for!"

#114108 - 06/16/14 09:55 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: SeanaTG]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Personally, I do not feel proud of my bad writing and all my grammatical errors. And believe me, Seana, ignorance of the language is not a valid excuse to express in any way. At least not for me. If I do not participate more often it is precisely for this reason, because of the respect they inspire me poor readers.

That said I would add that some of us consider ourselves fortunate to be able to read almost every day something that Michael wants to write, whatever the chosen topic.

And finally a quick reflection, if I had an English teacher in elementary school as Michael, I would be participating here much more often.

Being an autodidact is a real disgrace in any field!

#114110 - 06/17/14 01:04 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: ]
SeanaTG Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: The Great White North eh
now you are making me run for the dictionary.
autodidact= Self taught person.

#114175 - 06/24/14 04:55 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: dfahey]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Mix feelings at present, I worry all the time whether things are working or not and have to fit appointments around work and family.
I have a secondary school open evening for my son on 3rd July, my 9th Wedding anniversary on 9th July a school fair to help out on 5th July private wax appointment 8th July lol along with eye brows and eye lash tint and girls night out 4th July.
Any how lots going on within those 2 weeks so I have stretched my currently electrolysis appointment so I can have it done as near as possible to these dates and not worry about hair coming though.
Well my nephews baby only went and arrived 2 weeks early along with an unexpected visit for an old friend this Sunday I went up to the bathroom and snipped what hairs I have on my chin 3 long blonde 2 brown and shaved upper lip frown
I am looking great at present zero hairs, off to visit great nephew at 7pm UK time
however I feel so stupid that I couldn't just leave them along I hope they will grow back through for this Friday or next Monday so that aim is no more temp measures only electrolysis and perm its OK with 1 or 2 but 5 I really should have left alone ready to go in. waiting for all 5 to come back through before can call her and book is frustrating on the lucky side zero hairs around nipples 4.5 weeks since last appointment.

Edited by Helen1983 (06/24/14 04:57 PM)

#114179 - 06/24/14 09:57 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
emilily Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Haha... the only thing I have done so far is just using a pair of scissors to cut thick, obvious hairs back closer to the skin. Luckily for me I don't have many hairs grow through (I had almost a month between my last appointments and only had one thick hair grow in on my upper lip and maybe 4 or 5 darkish hairs.

On my chin I haven't had any really dark hairs, just darker/thicker than the rest - maybe 5 or 10 of those?

Anyway, all up it's looking great except I still have plenty of light brown hairs - that is the thing which takes a long time. smile

Tummy: 1 hr 21/09, 1 hr 30/09/13, 1.5 13/01, 1.5 08/04, .5hr 26/06, 1 hr 17/11/14,.25 hr 09/03/15, .25 31/07/2015
Chest/underarm: 2 hr 12/10, 1 hr 21/10, 1.5 hours 12/12/13, 1.5hours 11/02, 1.5 08/05, .5hr 26/6, 1hr 05/08, 1hr 17/11/14, .75hr 09/03/15, .5hr 13/07/15

#114180 - 06/25/14 10:23 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: emilily]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Its deeply frustrating been 10 month since I started 14th August 2013, the amount of hairs coming in seems to be same on chin just thinner and paler I have a couple of sessions when they took 3 weeks then 4 weeks to come in but now they have gone back to every 2 weeks at least 1 pops up It is my most hated area. Just wish they wouldn't come up so soon and I could have longer hair free days.

#114181 - 06/25/14 11:47 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
emilily Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I think we much have started at similar times! For me, I know I'm not getting the darker hairs (or the DARK hairs) any more - nowhere near the same rate. But I still have sooo many hairs - just light and almost unnoticeable. It will be all done with soon enough smile

#114184 - 06/25/14 07:15 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
lele Offline
Contributor

Loc: uk
What made you decide to choose electrolysis for the nipples/breast area over laser treatment? Was it because there are only a few hairs? Am curious as I'm wondering which to choose for my nips.

#114186 - 06/26/14 09:04 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: lele]
emilily Offline
Top 10 Contributor

use electrolysis! I would not want a laser beam that near to my chest. It can't target specific hairs and there aren't enough hairs in that area usually. There will be so few hairs that it will not take very long at all to achieve a clearance. I have maybe spent an hour so far and the hairs are 98% gone. Currently I have a total of twenty hairs in the area smile

My chest is another area that has responded well. Tonight I had an hour on stomach/chest and achieved the clearance I wanted in both areas. smile

#114190 - 06/26/14 02:06 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: emilily]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Lele, emilily is so right. Choose electrolysis.

For the nipple area, electrolysis RULES! We can precisely target all hair structures. Very coarse black hairs, medium brown hairs and long, fine blond hairs. We can see'em all. Laser can't do that. You will need between 8 and 15 clearings over 9-18 months. The hair should slide out. You shouldn't feel any tweezing. Doesn't matter if you have 13 hairs per side or 130 hairs per side. It is one of the easier areas to get under permanent control, as in, NO MORE WORRIES.

ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#114196 - 06/26/14 08:35 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: dfahey]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I would not have laser in the area mine are around areola only breasts like all of your body have hundreds of clear/blonde vellus hairs if that's what you call them. I would 100% not want to induce any hairs onto the actual breast.
I started out after leaving for 2 months with around 8 around each nipple / areola nearly 5 weeks since my last appointment electrolysis I have just 1 hair today which looks dark blonde in colour not brown and is a little too long for my liking. I have had these hairs since I was pregnant with my daughter 7 years ago, where as my chin hairs probably about 2 years ago started, the areola hairs at present are showing better progress i.e not only lower in color but much less coming in.

Edited by Helen1983 (06/26/14 08:39 PM)

#114197 - 06/26/14 08:46 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

What really speers me on it the areola area and a hair I had done on my left hand.

The areola really is much much better the chin hair is what I am struggling to get under control in amounts but the colours are much better only a few dark ones come more dark brown than black and never thick anymore.
I had 1 very long thick black hair come in on my left hand every couple of months after tweezing out for around 18 months, on 2nd treatment I asked her to zap it too for me about 9 months ago now I called it my witches hair it has never returned proof electrolysis did work.

The only worry I have now is that they are thinner and paler but still worry me and visible to me and my husband although he is very lovely about it and extremely loving.
The lady who treats me is in her mid 60's wears glasses and even with the microscope seems to struggle to see them she can't see them I have to tell her were I want done and sometimes hold the hair so she it under the microscope before treating
She is very good in my opinion when she see's the hairs but she's struggling to see them now so I have wondered about trying someone else younger with perhaps better eye sight? I think this maybe why they are still coming in she doesn't pick them all up anymore? where as when they were thicker or black she could see them all.
I am sticking with her for now as I do not think she is mistreating me and that is my biggest fear in going anywhere else.

Edited by Helen1983 (06/26/14 08:50 PM)

#114257 - 07/01/14 03:44 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

1st July 5.5 weeks after last appointment been in for a 10 minute electorlysis session.
I have 1 black hair just under chin but had around 12 hairs treated that were thin some long blonde some brown I saw one curling up from underneath pulled up the skin and there was 4 so I got her to treat them and it seems she saw a whole bunch more smirk
I also had one under my lip treated never touch that area before never seen a dark one there.
I have the corners of my upper lip treated as I had done for last 4 or so appointments about 5-6 on each side.
Had one weird small stumpy black hair that appeared on my belly removed where the hell that came from I don't know.
Had just 1 hair removed from areola which is the real success story.
I don't think I've ever had so many hairs removed, 10.5 months in very upsetting.
I will say as I have said before though I no longer get thick black ones just thin brown ones that still stand out to me but no where near as bad as they were.
Why I am getting her in new places? perhaps its hair sight or I need to go back to GP for tests again unsure I said after last round of tests that I would give this 12 months to see improvement and I definitely am at present around breasts other area's disappointing though.
She actually said to me today it was the first time we'd done my upper lip and I was like no 4th couldn't remember at all doing it previously, the whole conversation on which needle to use after I got a small scare on first treatment which is pretty much gone now. She also had to get me to show her a few hairs as couldn't seem them so although I do love her from getting rid of the hairs she has I walk away again concerned what's going to happen next and whether things are going right.
The has also been a 25% increase in price which I didn't know about until after treatment when paying Its still not expensive £15 instead of £12 but would have been nice to know before hand when I called to book.
For the americans that's about $21 to £26.
If I was 100% certain without a shadow in my mind that things were working in all area's I would be paying her a heck of a lot more! if needed.
Going to try and enjoy the hair free days for as long as they last.

Edited by Helen1983 (07/01/14 05:03 PM)

#114260 - 07/01/14 09:57 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
emilily Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Haha prices schmices smile My electrologist (who is not as expensive as the one I went to 4 years ago!!) has a sliding price scale - shorter appointments cost more per minute. Anyway it is still like 30 pounds for 15 minutes, so I think you're doing fine!

Being able to get these clearances in a 10 minute session also means that you are getting close to being done because if there was still a substantial amount of hair it'd be taking much longer to get clearances.

Electrologists see plenty of clients - you only see yours for 10 minutes every month or so - fair enough that she doesn't remember.

It's too bad that you're getting some hair under your lip. Hopefully things continue to improve, though. smile

#114271 - 07/02/14 11:00 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: emilily]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Emily I have always had 10 minute sessions for clearance that has not changed in the whole 10.5 months of going to electrolysis, I never went for long sessions. 4 months ago I did add in my upper lip because I don't think I ever needed the full 10 minutes more like 5 so I could get the full 10 mins cos that's the min I have to pay. she only does the corners of the upper lip though would like the rest doing too.

Edited by Helen1983 (07/02/14 11:04 AM)

#114301 - 07/04/14 07:14 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: dfahey]
lele Offline
Contributor

Loc: uk
thanks all for the advice! smile I had a laser consultation where a dr told me electroylsis didn't work, it didnt remove hairs at the root, breaking them in the hair shaft... pssshttt BS.
Didn't think about the implications of having laser near chest, but will have to build up to having electrolysis: the embarrassment + the idea of having a needle near my nipples... am one of those people who find nipple piercing of my friends gross.

blush One very stupid question, how can you tell if there is tweezing? i mean is it very obvious?

Originally Posted By: dfahey
Lele, emilily is so right. Choose electrolysis.

For the nipple area, electrolysis RULES! We can precisely target all hair structures. Very coarse black hairs, medium brown hairs and long, fine blond hairs. We can see'em all. Laser can't do that. You will need between 8 and 15 clearings over 9-18 months. The hair should slide out. You shouldn't feel any tweezing. Doesn't matter if you have 13 hairs per side or 130 hairs per side. It is one of the easier areas to get under permanent control, as in, NO MORE WORRIES.

#114448 - 07/16/14 09:17 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: lele]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I haven't felt plucking so wouldn't know.
I however am frustrated at coming away from my last appointment 2 weeks ago without getting full clearance cos she says she couldn't see the hairs, they have grown longer and now I need to snip them before going to a school assembly or my son on Friday and being completely embarrassed.
Again I am considering trying another clinic which isn't registered to see if they can give me full clearance at appointments, my current electrolysis is only removing the really obvious ones and I guess now that some are thinner she doesn't see them being elderly?
As you say though it is embarrassing going along to an electrolysis takes time to be comfortable especially dealing with area's like nipples.
And the worry that they may pluck puts me off undoing all the good work that has been done previously.

#114449 - 07/16/14 03:44 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Well disaster has stuck again found a dark hair on my neck today 1st one ever what is with these random hairs popping up in new places, hope I won't get more in this area so hard to disguise hairs on neck frown

#114669 - 08/06/14 09:19 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I am going in for another treatment on Friday this will be officially 1 year after starting treatment. The area's I have been doing since the beginning have worked well I do still get hairs but not many and they are thinner and paler. However on the last 3 treatment I've been getting random hairs in new area's I've had 2 zapped on my belly and one under my lip. I have since found one on my neck and one in the middle of my chin to be treated this time these are thin but black I have only ever had hair at the bottom of my chin and just under. It seems like its a never ending process my hormones have been tested and all normal and taking the meds to reduce testosterone could increase my chances of other health issues with are common in my family I was told my issue was probably just heredity before I started electrolysis. Hence me going down this route but it seems its never ending if new hairs in weird area's appear a year on. I am very upset and scared.

Edited by Helen1983 (08/06/14 09:20 AM)

#114730 - 08/09/14 10:18 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Went for electrolysis yesterday 1 year from starting.

Chin well she had trouble finding any which she has for last 3 times, really frustrates the hell out of me because I feel they are quite obvious.
She says we all have thin dark ones and only seems to want to treat thick ones. I think her eye sight is perhaps not what it used to be she does wear glasses? or she just doesn't feel they need doing?
I pointed them out to her using my mirror and she then went oh how did i not see that, I thought she had got them all because she zapped in all the area's I wanted doing.
However this morning in bathroom mirror I've found 2 that I asked to be zapped still there.
Really frustration as I had about 4 in area zapped 6 hairs isn't that much would have liked them all gone.

She also did my upper lip but left some really obvious ones again I asked if she'd do some in middle of lip as she only does corners of mouth and then she found loads that she was ignoring before, I've said I want any dark hairs on upper lip done.
I understand you can't treat them too close together though.

I had 2 done around each nipple these were very pale brown and thin I don't think my husband would have notice them really so I think this area is just about done which I am very happy about and told her so, I'll keep getting any that may come in done but no longer hide them away.

I am just quite sad that she is not seeing all the ones on my chin anyone.
I have to do lots at the end of the month and its my birthday early next month so if the ones on my chin get any longer so they are more obvious to people or I get anymore come in mean while I think I have to try somewhere else for a consultation. I find it hard to trust anywhere else.

The women I have been seeing has shown me in the last year she is capable of doing good electrolysis and had killed some horrid dark ones that have never come back, I don't want anyone that will not do it properly its on that I am not getting clearance that I consider elsewhere.

I lack the confidence that she's able to finish the job with the now thin ones. I have had hair come in new area's but they are not often I hope it should only be another 6 months for the treatment to be fully complete.
I may then only need to go in once or twice a year to get any new random ones that pop up.

Lots to think about.

Edited by Helen1983 (08/09/14 10:23 AM)

#114903 - 08/21/14 06:24 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

13 days since last treatment and I've lots of little thin ones at the bottom of my chin some that she missed on last treatment and a couple extra to boot. Really annoying 1 year on that I would be getting these hairs after only 13 days. I've been trying to ring another clinic to try them out more close but never seem to answer.

#114906 - 08/21/14 08:32 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Helen, I do read your posts occasionally.

I'm wondering if your electrologist has informed you that your chin (and face) is never going to completely stop producing those "somewhat longer darker" hairs. I mean ... never!

With the kind of case you seem to be presenting, I would always tell such patients that the best they can hope for is removal of all the "nasties" ... and then, probably, the best we can hope for is one or two treatments per year to stay ahead of the "finer/longer/darker" hairs that you will be producing from now on.

I can remove, say, the fully-developed chest and back hair of a man and this area will stay clear forever. Similarly, once completed, eyebrows are done for the rest of the person's life. Not a woman's face.

I think you are now approaching the "on-going fiddling" stage (usually 12 - 18 months in), and you are now noticing the smaller hairs: a few here and there. The kind of hairs you find in your special mirror with the right lighting?

If you are expecting electrolysis to completely render you hair free (on your face) ... forever ... and to never see another hair, you are going to be eternally frustrated. It's not going to happen.

Indeed, I have had clients that need no treatment for a couple years or so. However, they always manage to "fertilize" a few hairs that need a 15-minute treatment here and there. If your electrologist has not told you this important "detail," that's really a shame. It "is the way it is" in nearly all cases.

#114908 - 08/21/14 11:48 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Michael Bono]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I know we get small clear / pale blonde venus hairs but I was hoping to be rid of all dark hairs even thin ones.

I was told that later on I may get new ones and may want to come back for a touch up but from what I was told this would be years down the line with any hormone changes like menopause.

My breasts are all but complete I only get 1 or 2 blonde ones every 8-12 weeks that really don't bother me and hubby wouldn't tell I just get them done as I go in for the facial hairs.

I wouldn't mind if it was once or twice a year but was hoping would be years for the thin ones I have now but I get 2-3 every couple of weeks If I left them for months I'd get a nice grow on frown don't think I could do that I am a women who likes to stay pruned as it were smirk

The hairs have been much better on the face going through this process I just wish they wouldn't pop up so soon.
I have been tested twice for hormone issues all fine.
My mum is disabled so I can not talk to her she's not able to, but she does have the same issue with facial hair so I just assume its hereditary.

I often wonder whether some of these hairs have been there for a while but I can see them grow and pop threw so they do seem like new ones too. Hair goggles is a nightmare you do worry a thick black one may return but touch wood haven't had one of those in ages.
I have bought birthday and xmas gifts for my electrolyisis I do appreciate what she has done for me. I get upset over the thin hairs being there but as long as I keep getting them cleared so I don't get a forest I can go out of the house and no longer lock myself away which is a massive step.
As I say I just wish the process was once or twice a year.

I do appriciate your explaining that to me because I've never heard it mentioned on here and it wasn't explained that I would have to go in for top ups every year.

#114909 - 08/21/14 12:03 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Going to her for tops ups maybe an issue though since she is having trouble to see the thin ones. My husband can see them but says you have to be up close to my face tilt my head at certain angles to see them so the average person on the street isn't going to take the mick.
However If as I say I left them for months more being there would become more obvious than the small amount I get.
Because of this I am booked into somewhere more local next Thursday to test them out and see if they are able to pick up the thinner ones.
I also only started the upper lip 4 months ago so I get the thin chin ones whilst concentrating on the upper lip now.
Funny but I have never been upset by upper lip hairs most women I know have them and just use dipilator creams but I would prefer to be rid for good than temp measures.

#114920 - 08/22/14 08:51 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I have cancelled the appointment with the closer salon after speaking with them again to confirm where to park it turns out I would have to park in a busy pub car park and walk around the front of the building which is in the town center again very busy.
They are a specialist electrolysis and laser clinic so I do not understand the so public location its a busy area.
I shall wait until I can see my usual electrolysis or find somewhere else that is more private.
At present its a 40 min drive when I walk out of the house my upper lip is red and blotchy by the time I'm home its about vanished but that's a good 40 mins.
I would not feel comfortable having a 5 min walk in an extremely public area just post treatment.
I always bump into someone I know when I am shopping in the area its the main high street.

Edited by Helen1983 (08/22/14 08:52 AM)

#114921 - 08/22/14 09:07 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Yes Helen, there are specific areas on both men and women that are constantly in flux. Actually every area in and on the body is changing, it's just that we don't easily recognize it. It's called "aging."

When men come to me with ear hair, they are always warned in simple terms: your ears are never going to stop producing hairs.

Once a man gets to a certain age the "billions" of vellus ear hairs begin to slowly get larger. These hairs accumulate over his entire lifetime. The only success I can have is removing the hairs we see at the moment. But this will be an on-going situation for all the years to follow.

Of course, knowing this does not deter the guy from saying, "ALL my ear hairs have grown BACK! Is this ever going to work? What are you doing wrong?" (I can't write what I usually say to the guy: but there are a lot of "Fs" and Sses" in the statement. With humor, of course.)

Similarly, I usually don't recommend removing leg hair from men, because it naturally thins out ... and pretty quickly too as testosterone levels decrease. In a man's 40s, he usually has less than half of the original leg hair (thickness and hair count). Leg hair steadily declines until you get those hideous "old man hairless legs!" I have them now and it's disgusting!

I wonder if I can get a toupee for my legs?

#115958 - 10/26/14 03:38 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Michael Bono]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Forgot to update that I went for an electrolyisis session earlier in the week, 8 weeks after my last session longest gap thus far. I didn't have to have anything removed from around my nipples as their wasn't anything to remove, she said this was now complete but to let her know if I need perhaps 1 or 2 sessions a year but hopefully they are gone.
I had more success in her seeing hairs on my chin this time, took my mirror and pointed out to her and got a couple of long ones from under chin these are all blonde or very pale brown now, unless I saw someone regular and stood close in a 1 to 1 conversation several times a day and therefore may take more notice at staring at my face I don't think people would notice them.
What I am focused on now is clearing my upper lip so that I get as much success as I have with the other areas.
This area is painful, the nipple and chin didn't hurt me at all but the upper lip ouch.
I am thinking of getting some numbing cream, however I do currently have split lips in corner Dr can't seem to see what is causing it but obviously she couldn't remove any around that area so just snipping those.

All in all I am please its been 14 months since I started this journey and so far I am very happy I did, I still feel I need to keep going for the chin but only for my own comfort and not hide away in the house from anyone.
When I get the same success with my upper lip I shall be over the moon.

I do reckon as Michael say's above I may always fine hairs coming in on the chin but hopefully can get as much success that I eventually only need to go in once or twice a year.

Edited by Helen1983 (10/26/14 03:40 PM)

#116316 - 11/24/14 07:57 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Ah hair gallor this weekend and today, upper lip covered in peach fuzz with a few dark hairs scattered about.
Chin has about 8 hairs I'd like removing some are short and a couple of long they are very pale brown but annoying to me.
I guess its the upper lip that annoys me more now with out that going on I doubt most people would notice what chin hairs I have left.
Rang up electrolysis she can fit me in Thursday, can't hide out until then as I've got to take the kids to their clubs and hang around frown I am normally quite organised in getting sessions done when hubby is off to take them to such things but these pesky hairs have crept up on me being going ever 6-8 weeks and its only been 4.5 weeks they would start to come through but not at the fuzzy level I have lease this should hopefully mean I can get in a session close to xmas or between xmas and new year what ever she suggests since I'll be going out a lot in that period too.
Hate being out in public and feeling like everyone is looking at you, I'm sure they are not but some will notice.

#117004 - 01/22/15 08:35 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Long time since I posted on here been going to electrolysis now for 16-17 months.
Went for treatment today had 10 minutes as usual
removed 3 hairs from chin they were not thick or black but brow thin and longer than the normal see through blonde hairs all women have.
I also had 1 hair removed from around nipple on left side, it was long thin don't think it would have stuck out to hubby but had colour and was long so got it zapped.
Very happy with chin and nipple area frustrating that I still get chin hairs but glad they are not thick or black any longer.

Most of the work I have now is upper lip work can't count how many hairs were removed a lot, my upper lip was bright red when I left and arrived home 20 mins after.
I have been home 1.5 hours and it looks as if nothing was done now.
This area is annoying me at present, I estimate abut 8 months work for work around 8 treatments and its just not showing any big progress at moment I push through because I know she's worked so well on my other area's.

fingers crossed I see less dark hairs coming on upper lip by next treatment.

#117427 - 02/27/15 09:35 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

17 months since I stared this Journey went to another appointment this morning.
Had a few hairs removed from chin all blonde or pale brown nothing major to worry about people noticing but still annoying to be getting them since a month apart.
Upper lip slow slow progress I can't remember when I started this but it probably around 8 months ago guessing, finally looked like less hair had come in this time however she refused to do clearance.
She doesn't like to work too much on the upper lip because she says it gets red and inflamed making it hard for her to see the roots and doesn't want to cause any problems with my upper lip.

She had cleared it right off for me twice when I admit the lip was puffed up but it was great to do zero with my lips between appointments and after a couple of hours swelling was down no longer red.
She'd maybe cleared 70% of what I wanted clearing from upper lip frown she just told me to leave it for a couple of days and either bleach or snip them until she see's me again.
Little and often is the key according to her.

No work needed around nipples.
When we started out this journey I was told it would take 2 years for me to be satisfied and perhaps only come in once a year.
I am hoping this is the case come end of August will be nice to have a clear upper lip in Summer.

She did say to me that my lip would never be clear though but I hoping she's talking about the normal clear hairs and not dark ones :S

#117428 - 02/27/15 09:38 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

It is definately a Journey that I am glad I under took. I have now joined our local gym and most week days whilst kids are at school around work I am down their in gym or in classes or swimming without issues.
I no longer have to run up to bathroom to check my nipples and pluck out hairs, I am free to be spontaneous with my husband.
I no longer clip my chin hairs or worry about people looking or seeing any chin hairs.
At present my only real issues is my upper lip which I know most women have to deal with so I'm by no meals along.
Unlike most women though I am fortunate to have found electrolysis so hopefully won't be plagued with using depilatory creams and bleaching on a weekly basis.
Electrolysis has changed my life for the better.

#118444 - 05/28/15 11:01 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I have been once more since this post at the beginning of April and due to go again end of next week.
My nipples nothing has come back in at least 6 months, my chin no hairs are coming on the botton front or sides but I have got some underneath that I want removing they are not black they are just very long compared to the normal hairs and pale brown. No one is really going to take notice of these but I would like them gone.
My upper lip I can definitely tell this has improved but it wasn't come on no were near as much as I would have like or the progress I made in the other area's there are still dark hairs and if I left along for the whole 6-8 weeks before appointment well really it takes around 2 weeks and I have to clip them with nail scissors so its manageable by 6-8 weeks it needs removing for me to feel comfortable again.

I know this is because I have shaved my upper lip since being a teenager or used hair removal creams, where as the other issues only came on a year before seeking electrolysis and coming off the pill.

I am extremely eger to go again next week but it will be 2 years in August and I think its going to take longer to clear the upper lip but I didn't start that area until 8 months in.
I am off on Holiday early June camping and its been 2 years since I've been camping without any jeezers this time. smile

Edited by Helen1983 (05/28/15 11:05 AM)

#119178 - 08/19/15 10:38 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I've been to 2 appointments since my last post one before my holidays. I went away had a fabulous time has lots of admirers to my husband delight lol felt all around more comfortable in my own skin and attractive last time I felt like a thrump who wanted to hide herself away and check in the mirror every morning and night I went early june and then again 5 weeks after early july.
I had both chin and lip done in June but only the lip in July

I am extremely frustrated that I can say in all the time I've had my upper lip don't she's never once cleared it.
Again she says this is to protect my skin and since she's worked so wonderfully in the other area's I go along with her recommendation.
I hate having my lip done though to have to go home and then snip or shave off the rest of the upper lip a day or 2 after treatment as wouldn't want to course any infections doing it the same day.

I am booked in for another treatment next week so if I get time will post again after this treatment.
i've got longer hairs on my chin again which I can not stand they are not ridiculously long and not dark.
Like michael posted before they are going to keep coming in which is so upsetting as when I started the journey I had hope I would get rid of them for good or at least until I got older enough to go through menopause.

They are not bad enough that I have to hide myself away any longer I've been to the gym this morning and off out now so although I hate them its a massive improvement to where we stared and around 2.5 months since my chin area was last touched.

My electrolysis is elderly so I do wonder what the hell I'm going to do when she does come to retiring lol since I'm only early 30's and she's over retirement age at present.

Edited by Helen1983 (08/19/15 10:42 AM)

#119312 - 09/12/15 09:40 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
dontaskdontell Offline
Contributor

Hey Helen

Glad to hear electrolysis is working for you, too! Maybe you can start the hunt for another electrologist in case yours wants to retire soon. I need to find another electrologist because mine is always booked! She's amazing but I can't get enough appointments in.

#119660 - 10/20/15 08:26 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

3 weeks since my last appointment where I had an odd hair on the upper park of stomach above the belly buttom. I know find a dark hair growing in on my breast. I have previously only had hair remove around the nipple and this was completed in around 9 months no further hairs, so 2 years on rather upsetting.

I haven't seen black hairs in around a years so for one on the stomach then on the breast not even in area's i've had done before its very upsetting. I am considering speaking to the DR again something obviously not right. But will feel a lot better once its gone, its not really long enough to treat only just shooting through so will have to leave it a ring and then ring for removal. My upper lip and chin hair is fine nothing has come through yet in these area's so such a shame to go just for one hair, maybe in a week I will have some in the upper lip as the min treatment is 10 mins and its a 30 minute drive. I am considering trying the one in town just for a consultation and to zap the 1 hair out if no others come in next week.

#120224 - 12/17/15 08:57 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

The mysterious hair above vanished about 2 days like it just fell out I didn't touch it laid in the bath and it has gone? very strange. Anyhow I have just been for an electrolysis appointment this is 11 weeks since my last apart from the one black hair that disappeared I've had no issues.

Of course I still get hairs particularly on my upper lip since this hasn't had as much work and their is more hair their. But the hair is not black and not noticable I don't believe anyways unless your really up close with a magnifying mirror or something would tilt my head about to take a gander lol.

I have friends staying over this weekend and of course xmas next week which is why I wanted to go, I've had hairs from under my chin upper lip and stomach removed, the hairs on my stomach have been their most of my life again are not black all in a line under my belly button, I just want to use the time up and would prefer them gone they are nothing that would alarm anyone and if I were 10 years younger I could get away with wearing a crop top lol

all in all feeling optimistic hoping to only have to go in every 3 months were pushing for me to only need to go in every 4-6 month and then we'll class in as completed really.

Happy xmas everyone. x

#120979 - 02/18/16 05:19 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

ha nightmare out of shower look in mirror make sure all my make up has been removed look close as still have some foundation on to remove discovered a tiny black hair on lower side of my chin frown.

I think its been over a year now since I've actually had a black hair on my chin, makes you feel like crap don't it.

I'll try to not let it get me down, you always wondered whether its going to be the start of a whole bunch popping up. Hope not.

It's so small its not worth going in yet and I've nothing else to worry about at present so I'll see how it grows and soon as it gets any length will book in to get the thing killed.

2 years of treatments and I'm going in every 2-3 months now which is a heck of a lot better than were I started from but still gets me down from time to time that I've been cursed like this, its a blessing I've found electrolysis.

#120982 - 02/18/16 09:09 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
fedcba_123 Offline

Hi! May I know if yours excess hair was caused by laser stimulation or medical issues? Thanks!

#120983 - 02/18/16 10:37 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: fedcba_123]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By fedcba_123
Hi! May I know if yours excess hair was caused by laser stimulation or medical issues? Thanks!

Those are some of the causes for excess hair, but genetics (blueprint from your relatives), stress, underlying medical problem and medications are some other causes of excess hair growth.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#121010 - 02/24/16 02:11 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

I would never say I have had an excessive hair issue but perhaps abnormal to what is deamed normal for females or at least I thought so, it seems lots of women have these issues unfortunately.

I don't have a beard or mushtash I had random dark hairs, have never had more than 10 minutes treatment and now although I pay for 10 minutes its done in 5 and I go once every 2-3 months. When I started I do originally go every 2.5-3 weeks.

I have been told I have no hormonal issues and have never had laser, my mum has dark hairs on her face and arms but unfortunately my mother is disabled and unable to communicate with me, I therefore presume the problem is hereditary this is also what my Dr believes after conducing blood tests and finding no issues.
I am also a person who is easily stressed lol that won't help me.

I will add that I never had issues before coming off birth control, when I had the meriva coil fitted it gave me horrible breast pains erratic periods weight gain and eventually having it removed I started to get darker hairs on upper lip and hairs on my chin, hairs around my nipples started during my 2nd pregnancy they were only 1 or 2 popping up at at time but depressing enough to want to get rid.

Edited by Helen1983 (02/24/16 02:16 PM)

#121011 - 02/24/16 07:03 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
hairy Harry Offline
Major Contributor

It is very frustrating when you think `there's no improvement ' (I've been there) .... Electrolysis is a long and costly process but when it works and it's done right it's permanent!..

#121475 - 03/30/16 03:57 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Random dark hair popped up on my stomach wondering whether I'm eating something I shouldn't be going to look at diet again, I've a few very pale hairs below chin and upper lip like fluff I'd also like removing so fingers crossed electrolysis can fit me in next week. I've recently read a post by someone else regarding lengthy upper lip treatment my lip is taking for ever and just doesn't seem to have improved like the other areas I am again seriously thinking of trying someone else for this which is rather scarey since the one I go to is the only one actually registered with British electrolysis in my area.
10 minutes every now and again just isn't yealding results and she's reluctant to work any longer on it.

#121477 - 03/30/16 08:24 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

If one has a very good set up and superb skill the upper lip can be worked on longer than "old school" 10-15 minutes.

I have done many upper lip fuzzy fluff and coarse hairs and have worked 30-45 minutes at a time - sometimes an hour! No ill effects. No harm.

There is a way to do this, but it can't be done with certain epilators and if one can't SEE to make perfect insertions, then they should not be venturing into treatment times of over 10 - 15 minutes.

"Old school" verses "new school"? That's what you are experiencing now. If your Electrologist learned this and feels she shouldn't do more, then she shouldn't do more.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#121480 - 03/30/16 09:19 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I posted this on another thread, but is worth a repeat. I routinely work on upper and lower lips well over 15 minutes WITH MY EQUIPMENT. Not everyone can do this if they have an older epilator.

This is a pre-electrolysis picture of the hairiest vellus hair lip I have ever seen. I purposely chose an extreme case, that is not the normal fuzzy lip case. She bleached the hair. Sorry it is a little blurry.

This picture was taken after her 16th session, 10 months after we started. We worked 47 minutes on her upper and lower lip. We did 525 insertions. So far, she has had 11,535 insertions and is at the 16 hour and 1 minute mark.

I will add a lip picture update here after Thursday. She is coming for an appointment for another area that we have been working on.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#121485 - 03/30/16 07:29 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Impressive that you could see that bleached vellus hair for insertions!

#121505 - 04/02/16 09:20 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

incredible work Dee

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#121521 - 04/02/16 02:22 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Thanks, Seana. I love challenging cases where the client is cooperative.

Fenix, the only thing that makes this impressive is that I have surgical loupes that work great for me and a halogen light to shade those bleached hairs. Many of the bleached hairs had dark pigment at the thickest part of the hair exiting the skin.

The point is, old school says no more than 15-20 minutes treatment on the upper lip, new school says up to 60 minutes is possible IF ONE HAS THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT AND SKILL. If one doesn't have the setup or the skill, sit in the old school desk for the sake of the client. I will post a picture later.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#121526 - 04/02/16 03:19 PM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I have a client Dee I have literally asked to hang on for a couple weeks until my loops and light arrive. The second I try and use my circle lamp, the hairs wash out and I cant see the hairs or the angle of insertion, a problem when I'm working on an upper lip. My experience with optics exactly matches yours so far.

Seana

Edited by Iluv2zap (04/02/16 03:20 PM)

#121597 - 04/08/16 04:24 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

need a dee near my lol I'm in today she will get rid of the worse hairs but there will still be upper lip hairs when I return home that I will have to snip with nail scissors once a week until the next treatment when a few more grow in I go back. She honestly doesn't seem to get that I want them all cleared and states its not possible she focuses on the side bits or sometimes just one side and then removed a few from the middle of below nose, the side ones seem to be going on and on and on growing in lol I could really tell with my chin and nipples regarding the reduction each time I attending an appointment there would be less to treat they would be finer but I'm just not seeing it with upper lip and its been treated for a year now. Fingers crossed today.

#121598 - 04/08/16 10:51 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Good luck Helen

#122115 - 06/23/16 11:16 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

So above was my last Appointment early April I now have a nice peach fuzz on the upper lip nothing dark and a few blonde whiskers under my chin, I am without a car at present only in last week and hoping to pick one up shortly and book another session of electrolysis. I am no longer scared to go out on this state I know others look a damn lot worse than me. I'm just wondering whether to snip or leave as it maybe 1-3 weeks before I'll be going again. Nothing on any other parts of the body I've had my happy trail completely sorted and haven't had any nipple hair or strange stray on on my hand for can't remember how long. It will be 3 years at the end of August and I'm having sessions about every 12 weeks / 3 months now, when I started it was once a fortnight, the sessions have always been 10 minutes but we slowly added in more area's. I started on only the jaw line and nipples, after a year we moved onto the upper lip as my nipples were complete I've also had a strange hair on my hand zapped twice never came back and around 6 months ago we did the happy trail and random ones that appeared on my stomach to the sides of this smirk. Now I am still dealing with a peach fuzz upper lip and blonde hairs under the chin which I was originally not going to bother with. All in all I would have been lost and in a depressive mess without electrolysis. I think its a life long commitment she insists eventually i will be coming in every 6 months we'll see but I don't know what I'd do when she retires.

Edited by Helen1983 (06/23/16 11:23 AM)

#122508 - 08/31/16 04:36 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Just to update that I went to see the electrolysis about a week after my last post so end of June and I'm yet to go again its now last day in August and I'm just starting to see a few pale but brown shoots on my upper lip nothing anywhere else and only a tiny amount nothing worth travelling 30 mins for electrolysis for so I'll probably snip them with some nail scissors at the weekend and it will take a couple of weeks for them to come back up again if no more appear I'll do the same until I get a hand ful and then may consider visiting her again or if any come up on my chin area or under. I feel super confident in myself now where as I locked myself away prior definitely feel I will eventually have to go back its a life time commitment for me not just 2-3 years and done but still the best decision I ever made all thanks to coming across this group smile

#122509 - 08/31/16 08:35 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

So, about 8-9 weeks post treatment you are seeing regrowth. right on schedule! And you are at the point where those few remaining hairs, dont cause you the distress they once did. Guess who's making some serious and predictable progress to ridding themselves of their issue? Good Job Helen! Now dwindle that to zero!

Seana

#123607 - 03/14/17 07:31 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Hi Guys I went to my electrolysis early December mostly upper lip removal but a few pale ones on the chin were also removed. I sadly lost my mum early Jan so I haven't been back since but I've only had tiny ones on upper lip which have been snipped by scissors nothing anywhere else since December. I have just stopped one on my stomach coming though so I guess this will need to be booked in for next week, will keep an eye on it as I find when they come though as I find new shoots always look worse than they actually are, come next week I can look in the same area and no longer see it lol. Again just posting to show any newbies that its been a long hole but honestly worth it. Every 3-4 months for treatments now which are for fairs that I don't need to hide myself away from. smile so much better than the fortnightly plucking I started from.

#123884 - 05/05/17 04:50 AM Re: progress thus far [Re: Helen1983]
Helen1983 Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Just to say the following day the so called hair disappeared lol and haven't been since December, I've snipped the upper lip with scissors a few times but its not dark or thick no need to go in for this and nothing appeared in any other area. Just for newbies to show if they stick with it they can be clear smile

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Laser Hair Removal on Happy Trail
by cbarr
01:13 PM
Ripped Off?
by WeRNotAfraid
11:40 AM
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by beate_r
09:35 AM
Are AEA electrologists the only ones to pick?
by Soft Touch
01:57 AM
Lower Back Pain
by Megrb
12:10 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9507
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
0 registered (), 100 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod