Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#113200 - 04/03/14 10:56 AM Shave before Laser in the face
Kona Offline

Hello people,
I am new to this forum but finally excited that I find it because I can talk with people having the same worries and experience! smile
So, I will have my hair remove in my chin bones with Alexandrite Candela in Amsterdam (there was only one clinic with that type, so difficult to find it) and they told me I have to shave my hair in my face!!!!I do not have so many but I have a small problem with my hormones and I know that if I shave them, it will be bad! frown
In Greece I used the same laser and I did not have to shave and everything was ok, but were they wrong?
Please tell me did you have the same experience and what happened finally?
I am very confused!!!! crazy

Sponsored Links
#113202 - 04/03/14 02:08 PM Re: Shave before Laser in the face [Re: Kona]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Gosh, Amsterdam, the “epicenter” of all my electrolysis activities in the 1980s … and, a question about, well ... LASER. Where did everybody go? Are my students all doing laser? Retired? Dead? Moved to Madurodam? (very affordable housing I hear!) Tee hee.

Nicely, I found the house where I lived (Herengracht 81). It was a little hard to find on Google, but it’s the red brick house with (Anno) “1590” on the second floor. I lived in the top floor (the house of Dr. Lamaker). (Snow blew in in the Winter!) Amsterdam in the 1980s … when it was still Dutch … now, THAT was something! I’m glad I was “part of it all!”

Anywhooooo, back to your question. After all is said and done, most of us here on this site would recommend electrolysis for a woman’s facial hair (not laser). If there is anybody still doing electrolysis in A’dam … try phoning the ANBOS for a recommendation (most likely still in Den Haag).

(There is a Czech woman “Draha” in A’dam that does fine work, that is if she’s still in practice. Another excellent operator in the “Jordaan” (Bloemstraat?) … I will remember her name in a couple minutes; I hope!)

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Thermolysis on thick facial hair (+Photos)
by dfahey
Today at 01:26 AM
When Can I start and who to see In nj?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 07:07 PM
Showing my work...
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:47 PM
My Skin Years After Last Session
by dj355
10/21/17 04:36 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/19/17 09:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 103 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod