Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#113617 - 05/05/14 03:18 PM Re: question about laser treatments for male legs. [Re: Michael Bono]
Brenton Online
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: SoCal
Quote:
What if the guy wanted 50% reduction, and got 100% reduction? Now what? With electrolysis he might discover he actually wanted less than, or more than a 70% reduction … See, we remove it slowly and create the exact outcome the client wants.

What IF the OP spends 6 months getting undertreated and now he's down thousands of dollars with no results to show for it? I'm pretty sure you've seen a number of cases like that. At least with laser, he has a number that would indicate whether or not he's wasting his time. Yes, the beard has a tendency to come out patchy but you can't project what happens on the face to say it will happen on the legs. If I'm banned from projecting from successful outcomes, then I don't see why it's ok for you to project from negative outcomes. The only reason people have very patchy cases on NON-facial areas is because the laser technician is not covering the area well.

And if you want a number, each treatment of laser with GOOD settings is approximately ~20% reduction. He can do whatever he wants, but this is a prime case where it would be way more cost effective and less time-consuming to have a couple laser treatments to reduce the hair and then finish it up with electrolysis.

Sponsored Links
#113618 - 05/05/14 04:50 PM Re: question about laser treatments for male legs. [Re: Brenton]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Actually, you are probably right, now that you state it like that. My own work (arms) turned out okay (test area only). Legs are probably a “safe bet.”

Besides, (you didn't mention this), but very few electrologists would even attempt doing men's legs. I do, Jossie does and so does Dee Dee. We are probably in the extreme minority.

If, as you say, the guy got no results from electrolysis ... well, he should get ALL his money back. Sue the bastards! My attorney now has a 100% record for getting back "the bucks" for failed treatments. I support these efforts.

My own clients? If they are not happy, I start writing a check … even if they are unsatisfied from “one clearance.” AND, I would never pre-charge anybody and then refuse to give them their money back if they “didn’t like anything about me or my office, or whatever!” Yeah, it happens!

I suppose I'm overwhelmed with clients that had BAD BAD BAD laser experiences: ripped-off and the areas look horrible. Brenton, you are not seeing my cases, so you do not know what I'm dealing with. I'm fed up with it!

I'm glad it worked for you! And, in spite of what you might think; I think you're a really cool kid! I just still have WAY too much “New York” in me (add in Italian, and well, there it is.)

I just don’t want to have to deal with another case of “I spent $12,000 on laser and now look at this mess … can you do something for me?” This is now a whole new “ball game” for me … cleaning up the mess … and I SERIOUSLY do not like it one damned bit!

So there! Ha ha ha

#113621 - 05/05/14 10:53 PM Re: question about laser treatments for male legs. [Re: Michael Bono]
seattleguy1980 Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By: Michael Bono

I just don’t want to have to deal with another case of “I spent $12,000 on laser and now look at this mess … can you do something for me?” This is now a whole new “ball game” for me … cleaning up the mess … and I SERIOUSLY do not like it one damned bit!

And this is the other reason I'm hesitant with laser. Right now I'm a clean slate with fully grown and untouched hair. I would rather see you at my hairiest so that I know exactly where my starting point is LOL.

#113622 - 05/06/14 12:46 AM Re: question about laser treatments for male legs. [Re: seattleguy1980]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

If you have the financial resources and are willing to travel, go to someone like Bono for surefire treatment with electrolysis. Otherwise, even when you have the time and money, finding an electrologist that will do large areas and treats hair with high kill rate with each clearance is harder to find than a cosmetic surgeon who will be willing to implant titanium horns into a skull. My sister had laser done on her legs with success. I think laser on legs is like the best area to see good results. Patchy issues come when clinics don't perform touch-ups in the treatment plan. So if you look for laser, see if they do touch-ups.

#114233 - 06/29/14 06:57 AM Re: question about laser treatments for male legs. [Re: fenix]
Aitaronz Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: New Zealand
Originally Posted By: seattleguy1980
I'm currently planning electrolysis for above the waist areas and brazilian area, but if I can achieve lasting results with laser then I feel comfortable doing my legs. The issue I'm having is that I can't really find any reviews from men who have 5+ years of lasting results from laser. I don't want 2 or 3 years of results. I want LIFE long results. I'm looking for about a 70% reduction. Are there any men out there who have had the kind of results I'm looking for?

Seattleguy, if you've already been persuaded that electrolysis is the solution, that's cool - I wish you luck.

But I think I might be the answer to your question. I'm male, 32yo, and 11 years ago I started treatment on hairy legs that looked a lot like yours. smile

I've just posted my results here: http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/114225/My_results_10_years_after_lase.html

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Guidance on after care
by HairByHair
Today at 07:00 AM
Newbie journey
by MrsV
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by Deedra
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
Electrologist referral
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
Yesterday at 06:08 PM
Paradoxical Laser Hair Stimulation
by Silvana
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9711
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod