Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#116878 - 01/12/15 03:00 PM Re: DO NOT PAY FOR ELECTROLYSIS SERVICES UP FRONT!!!! [Re: EmancipatedElect]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
All very reasonable and understandable business practices

I don't get into stiff policy stuff (rules).. I just suck it up and hope that when I accidentally double book clients that they will suck it up and forgive me, just as I forgive them if they forget their appointment or come on the wrong day. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, we're only human.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Thread Sponsors
#116879 - 01/12/15 03:12 PM Re: DO NOT PAY FOR ELECTROLYSIS SERVICES UP FRONT!!!! [Re: dfahey]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Funny stuff Alex. As per your "stop laser" electrologist? I say the same thing. Laser and electrolysis, in the same area, only delays the success of electrolysis. I'm starting to not see people that had a lot of laser (that didn't work) ... it messes me up "big time!"

In the good old days, customers relied on what friends, physicians or others told them. The internet has too much information and it's often difficult to weed out fact from fiction ... not to mention "out-and-out" lies! You can't even believe your own eyes these days!

Example, Justin Bieber!

#116880 - 01/12/15 03:15 PM Re: DO NOT PAY FOR ELECTROLYSIS SERVICES UP FRONT!!!! [Re: EmancipatedElect]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

My cancellation policy is ... "YIPPEE!" I just go to the beach!

I have never charged for any missed or forgotten appointments. I mean, they still have the hair so I'll zap it later on.

#116881 - 01/12/15 03:21 PM Re: DO NOT PAY FOR ELECTROLYSIS SERVICES UP FRONT!!!! [Re: Michael Bono]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Ahhhhhhahhhhaha! I laughed for five minutes when I read your comment, Michael!

I like that YIPPE cancellation policy. That's my view, too! When I was younger, I could jump up and click my heels when someone forgot their appointment. Then I was out of here like the Roadrunner on steroids! What is really crazy is when you think you were finished for the day and a client shows up at the door? You search your mind on how you could miss this and then you have to act like you knew they were coming and get on with it!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#116882 - 01/12/15 04:04 PM Re: DO NOT PAY FOR ELECTROLYSIS SERVICES UP FRONT!!!! [Re: dfahey]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Ha ha ... I thought only I do that! Dee, you're to young to be doing that.

Yeah, I always pretend that "oh sure ... I remember you were coming." But then, it's hard to fake it when you have a half-eated bagel in your mouth!

#116883 - 01/12/15 05:07 PM Re: DO NOT PAY FOR ELECTROLYSIS SERVICES UP FRONT!!!! [Re: Michael Bono]
EmancipatedElect Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Rochester, NY
Biggest factor in my stiff policy right now, is me just being new... I don't have the client base to pay myself yet (ok, I'll be paying myself something for the first time this month). It hurts when I've got someone booked, to turn down a client that could only come in at that time, and then not have the first client show.

It happened to me two weeks ago, where a consult that booked two days prior didn't show, claiming she forgot about it, and I lost out on a two hour session with a client that could only show at that time. I got that latter client done this past Friday, but it's possible that, with the snow in the northeast, he might not have come in again until spring (he's an older guy that doesn't like getting out in the snow and he almost canceled Friday morning because of it, where the previous time he wanted to book, the weather was fine).

#116912 - 01/15/15 08:55 PM Re: DO NOT PAY FOR ELECTROLYSIS SERVICES UP FRONT!!!! [Re: EmancipatedElect]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

This warning comes too late for the German Girl, who by the way, is almost completely finished. To learn this hard lesson, she has paid twice the corresponding amount for electrolysis treatments. And she was about to pay the same indecent amount of money (almost $ 9000) for a second set of treatments, even before getting the first minute.

It's too late for her, but it's not for you!

DO NOT PAY IN ADVANCE!

#116914 - 01/15/15 11:47 PM Re: DO NOT PAY FOR ELECTROLYSIS SERVICES UP FRONT!!!! [Re: ]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

I'm glad GG is doing well, Jossie.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis Damage - What Is This?
by beate_r
Today at 03:43 AM
Zeiss Opmi 99 for sale. Impeccable condition.
by dfahey
Today at 12:21 AM
Proper usage of Uniprobe Lite
by CarlyH
Yesterday at 10:44 PM
Diary of a hairy girl - electrolysis. Pics
by Thecreme
Yesterday at 06:41 AM
Kalo comments from Hairfacts
by Andrea
Yesterday at 04:26 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9542
James W. Walker VII 8036
Andrea 4148
Michael Bono 3100
Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod