consumer hair removal forum
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#117628 - 03/15/15 07:06 PM Re: Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning! [Re: ]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Question for professionals: Let's say tomorrow the AEA rewrites all literature and starts promoting "Telogen hair ALSO." What will change in the way eletrologists treat hair? It's not like electrologists see the bulge and papila and where stem cells are when they do 20,000 insertions daily. How will their technique improve to achieve high kill rate with each clearance if electrology instructors no longer taught "Anagen Only"? In what ways can training change besides promoting the scientific side of hair follicle anatomy and teaching that Telogen hair can be killed?

Thread Sponsors
#117629 - 03/15/15 07:55 PM Re: Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning! [Re: fenix]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
I suppose it's like this (to me at least). Certainly ancient mariners did very well sailing here-and-there in the "known world" ... and they were certain the world was flat. It's just that it's NOT flat ... facts should be facts as an end in themselves.

(BTW recognizing different growth stages DOES indicate where the target area is located.)

Those that follow a strict "anagen only protocol," instruct clients to shave between treatments (so telogen hairs are not visible). Overall, this could slow the process ... although a few use this practice as their "secret method." (I always thought it was a lame excuse for bad treatments.)

Still, I don't think that this is much of an issue.

The real issue is the intransigence of "official information." Facts should be without emotion or vested interests. All information and techniques should be subject to scientific review and evaluation. (That will never happen.) "Anagen only" is only a symptom of a much wider problem. You have NO IDEA of the shit I have heard over the years ... and most of it continues unabated.

For example, some genius in Holland just made a new RULE. See, she believes that if the needle produces some "DC froth" and it gets on the skin you will get a BURN and a SCAR. Never mind the 150 years of using DC this way ... oh no, this Noble Prize winner knows better. So now, students are taught to turn down the DC until they see no DC reaction.

And it's THIS sort of odd silliness that still sends me off in "blather-land." Wanna hear more official TRUTHS?

#117630 - 03/15/15 10:34 PM Re: Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning! [Re: Michael Bono]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

More to your point, Fenix. When I'm treating all the stages of hairs, I am making constant adjustments as to depth of insertion (where the target is located), and time in the follicle (compensating for HF "current rise".) My "timing" is only within, say, 1.5 seconds (or less), but these minute fractions of time variation are critical and make a very big difference.

How do I recognize stages of hair growth? I'm judging multiple factors, but at this point I'm on "auto-pilot." I don't perform the procedure at a "conscious level."

Ask an experienced pianist if they think about "where their fingers are going." It's at another level of perception.

Edited by Michael Bono (03/15/15 10:36 PM)

#117635 - 03/16/15 07:59 PM Re: Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning! [Re: fenix]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Don't worry, Fenix, nothing will change.

There are more chances that you find an electrologist who does 20.000 insertions daily than the AEA admits their mistakes and rewrites the texts.

#117636 - 03/17/15 09:17 AM Re: Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning! [Re: ]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Each one of the following "rules" was either part of a curriculum, in a book, or expressed by a teacher (at one of my seminars). Each idea caused me endless discussions/disagreements with the perpetrator; and not one of them changed their minds. I was wrong and they were right! ENJOY and lament:

1) HF (thermolysis) is a form of EMF (electro-magnetic field) and is therefore a cancer risk. Don't use thermolysis on the eyebrows because it will denature the eye lens and cause cataracts. Don't use HF on the face because it can cause brain cancer.

2) Electrologists using HF die early because of exposure to their own machines.

3) DC puts ACID in your skin and body. (This from a prominent AEA/EAC member: a "certified educator.")

4) DC puts lye (a BASE by the way) in your blood, and the lye goes to your liver, brain and kidneys and destroys them.

5) DC froth coming out of the follicle burns the skin and causes scars.

6) You don't need to sterilize needles. Just attach the needle, hold it in the air and put the HF on: that sterilizes the needle.

7) Only use a rough needle not a polished one. (A polished needle eliminates the benefits of DC.) (In a book.)

8) Always insert (blend) with the DC on first. If you don't, the HF will dry out the follicle and your DC will be rendered ineffective. (In a book.)

9) You have to drink lots of water or your skin gets dehydrated and the currents won't work properly.

10) DC (or HF) causes birth defects.

11) You cannot kill a hair in telogen (or catagen) stage.

12) If you epilate a hair and you see no root, that's because you broke off the hair and did a bad treatment.

13) Treating a hair in a mole causes cancer.

14) Thermolysis causes overtreatment and scars. Electrolysis causes overtreatment and scars. Blend causes overtreatment and scars. Take your pick?

15) (Voiced at several seminars): AIDS/HIV is God's punishment against gays.

16) Years of performing electrolysis causes lower I.Q. THIS ONE IT TRUE!

#117642 - 03/17/15 08:45 PM Re: Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning! [Re: Michael Bono]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Michael Bono

16) Years of performing electrolysis causes lower I.Q. THIS ONE IT TRUE!

HAHAHAHA

Yeah, maybe inhale too much froth from DC current adversely affects neurons.

#117646 - 03/18/15 12:29 AM Re: Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning! [Re: Michael Bono]
SIGMA Offline
Major Contributor

9) You have to drink lots of water or your skin gets dehydrated and the currents won't work properly.

...The AEA is STILL pushing this one. It appears as a flashing "Electrolysis Tip" on their homepage.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
Drinking plenty of water helps unwanted hair slide right out.

#117647 - 03/18/15 12:32 AM Re: Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning! [Re: SIGMA]
Brenton Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: SoCal
Originally Posted By: SIGMA

...The AEA is STILL pushing this one. It appears as a flashing "Electrolysis Tip" on their homepage.

Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
Drinking plenty of water helps unwanted hair slide right out.

I haven't heard any electrologist say that it helps the hair slide out, but I have heard a vast majority say it helps with the pain.

#117648 - 03/18/15 12:57 AM Re: Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning! [Re: Brenton]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
That number 9 had me thinking, as well. I always ask my clients to come to me hydrated for both reasons mentioned. We can lower the energy level if the skin is hydrated and that's can make the treatment more comfortable. So there is no truth to that?

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#117649 - 03/18/15 01:10 AM Re: Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning! [Re: ]
SIGMA Offline
Major Contributor

Dee, in your experience do you think that using topical moisturizers ahead of a treatment (say overnight) is more beneficial than drinking water? I have usually opted for this, instead of drinking a lot of water, just for the pragmatic concern of bathroom breaks during a long session.

Thanks!

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Could you give me some electrolysis advice?
by cristiana
1 second ago
Something wrong
by blueberry
34 minutes 45 seconds ago
Danger? 1 brand of needlecord in another machine?
by dimi
Today at 01:59 PM
Can someone in USA sell me THE needles, please?
by melb_aussie
Today at 12:47 PM
temporary hypopigmentation or dermis scarring?
by Iluv2zap
Today at 09:04 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9719
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3501
Who's Online
0 registered (), 125 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod