Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#70783 - 03/07/10 04:40 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: James W. Walker VII]
weird chica Offline

have you found a solution to this problem? You

Sponsored Links
#87471 - 05/16/11 02:21 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: weird chica]
furstimer Offline

I have the same prob.. used to spend an hour a day every morning getting rid of chin hair- I know I made it worse. Such a piss off. Then I'd have scabs and red marks from my tweezers. Highly embarrassing. I've recently started electrolysis, maybe 5-6 hours in total. It's helping. If anything, I no longer tweeze as I'd be wasting the money I spent on electrolysis (not knowing if it was working) It's hard! I shave daily but let it grow a few days before my appointment. It sucks but I avoid going out on those days.. hoping this will all end soon. My technician says it is improving so I trust her. Really? I don't know. I think after a few more visits I will have my answer... hope it's a 'yes'

#87472 - 05/16/11 03:36 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: furstimer]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
You are going to need more than a few more visits. If you were spending an hour every day tweezing chin hair, you have a lot of hair!

THE FIRST 4-6 MONTHS IS THE HARDEST for tweezing cases. Stay close to your electrologist to get the new hair as it comes forth. It will come forth and you will hardly believe you had that much hair. This will be hard and you will question if it is working. You will not be able to judge anything before 6 months at least, so stay dutifully engaged in this to get cleared and stay cleared. Go every 2-3 weeks and get the hair cleared. After that, your electrologist will be able to deem when the time is right to space appointments every 6 weeks or so. Within 9-18 months, there should be little hair to deal with, unless you have been sneaking in a tweeze here and there or if hair follicles are being recruited for "X", "Y" or "Z" reasons. Electrolysis works, but it is not for you the client to decide your own timelines as to when you will quit or go on. Mother Nature hands us what she will and we have to accept it. We can't go any faster than the hair that presents itself, whenever it presents itself. You have no control of that and neither does the electrologist.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#89709 - 07/10/11 08:26 PM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: dfahey]
Sammy12 Offline

I have a similar (if not identical) problem with plucking ingrown facial hairs with tweezers. In 2010 I tried to pluck an ingrown hair (that may or may not have even been there), and the tweezers went so deep into my skin that the blood that streamed out would not clot for 20 minutes. Now I have deep (raised bump) scarring on my face & would like appearance of the scarring to be reduced and/or removed.

Here is the continuing problem: Because there is scarring in this area of my face, the facial hair in that area always remains ingrown. The ingrown hair(s) become infected (puss, bumps), so I constantly try to remove them. I want the hair around the scarring to be removed permanently so I don't continue to use tweezers in this area.

I was told by a (walk-in) clinic doctor that ingrown hairs remove themselves (ie grow out of the skin eventually). I don't believe this to be true, perhaps someone can clarify?

What steps should I take? A visit to a dermatologist? Electrolysis?

I am sure there are solutions to my problem throughout this forum, however this post directly related to me and wanted to share my information ASAP.

Thank You.

#89718 - 07/11/11 03:28 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: Sammy12]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Many electrologsists are skilled at gently lifting out ingrown hairs with a sterile lancet or other instrument that is made for this purpose of treating ingrowns.

Stop doing this yourself. The scarring and infections are not worth it. There are several chemical exfolliants that can be used to help with cell turnover so as to bring the hair closer to the surface of the skin if the ingrowns are deep.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#90423 - 08/01/11 06:42 PM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: dfahey]
elizabeth_ht Offline

Loc: New York, NY
I am addicted to plucking, too. I read that some peopleís bodies actually produce a rush of endorphins when a hair is plucked. So itís the rush of endorphins making it physically pleasurable, along with the emotional/mental satisfaction of ďgetting that little f@#kerĒ!! I have tweezers all over the place!

I started electrolysis for my chinóthose hairs were the worst/most satisfying. And Iíve actually been 100% good about not plucking between visits, because I know Iím just wasting money if I do, and I remember the awful scarring and ingrown hairs I was starting to get from plucking. But I found other ways to satisfy my addiction that donít cause those problems. First is tweezing out plugs from the pores on my nose. I DONíT ever pick open white heads or blackheads, these are only the pores that have little plugs sticking out (you either know what Iím talking about or you donít!). Second, and this is a little personal/TMI maybe, but I started plucking the hairs that grow right underneath my tailbone, at the very top of my you-know-what crack! The hairs are really coarse there and so are just as satisfying as the ones on my chin to ďgetĒ but first of all theyíre not visible to anybody and even if they were, the skin there is much more resilient and doesnít scab up or get gross like the skin on your face, and second even I canít see them so I canít make myself crazy swearing that there are hairs where there arenít any. Itís only by touch and I do it while watching TV or reading in bed (by myself!). The only problem I have now is rolling over onto all the pairs of tweezers lying around in my bed!

Hope this helps somebody!

#93148 - 11/01/11 01:48 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: shannon82]
linda007 Offline

WOW is right so glad I'm not alone. But I want to stop and repair the dark spots on my chin. How do I do that?

#96125 - 02/26/12 12:41 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: dfahey]
Soyokaze Offline

I don't have an addiction, but it was a bit of a habit for me. I got to where I could pluck out chin hairs with my nails pretty effectively. I had to stop since I started getting laser removal : ( I'm a guy though so my hairs are probably easier to grab.

#101005 - 09/06/12 07:29 PM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: dfahey]
Trichogal Offline

OMG.
I too am amazed there are fellow chin-pluckers! It is quite embarrassing the things I do but I've heard others do them so I know I'm not the only weirdo! I am in my fifties and it started in my late teens when it was pointed out I had some hairs sprouting from my chin. They were quite long and curly and pretty unsightly so it began there. But in the years since then I have had a compulsion which I've failed to kick and it is quite pleasurable and satisfying of plucking out the chin hairs, best when they are sort of short and coarse! I do it with a tweezer but have done many with thumb and forefinger when a tweezer's not available. This is going to sound really weird but I've heard others do it with head hair, but I have to see the hair and lick it, lol! I like it best when there is a crop of them to pluck! Everyone has their little quirks I guess!

#102356 - 11/07/12 03:42 AM Re: Addiction to tweezing my chin hair. [Re: dfahey]
EvaPro Offline
Contributor

I wonder if the temporary pain is similar to people who constantly pick at cuticles or, in extreme cases, cut their skin? These are issues having to do with control and self-esteem. Some people are just obsessive about their looks. It could be a simple obsessive disorder, a deeper psychological issue or just a case of wanting to look better. Good luck to those of you who simply must pluck!

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis on legs
by Stephgold
Yesterday at 10:35 PM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Stephgold
Yesterday at 10:11 PM
Hairtell restructuration needed
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 05:27 PM
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 12:27 PM
men shaving legs??
by tyndn
Yesterday at 08:56 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3184
Who's Online
0 registered (), 81 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod