consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#119359 - 09/21/15 12:48 PM Looking for an electrology course
Dona Offline
Major Contributor

So guys I'm new here, I'm a female cursed with black body hair from head to toe , so I am always on quest to find different types of hair removal methods, and now I have decided that I want to study elctrology but the thing is that I live in Michigan and I didn't find any place that offers an electrology course!
I need help on how and where to start

Sponsored Links
#119368 - 09/22/15 08:52 AM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Dona]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Hi Dona,

I'm not familiar with Michigan's schools, but I did find the following list along with the requirements for such with a quick google search:

http://beautyschools.com/states/michigan/electrolysis/

American Institute of Education
Livingston Electrolysis
Transitions School-Cosmetology
Sally Esser Beauty School Inc.

Does this help?

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#119381 - 09/22/15 11:24 PM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Dona]
Dona Offline
Major Contributor

Yes!
It helps so much, especially that Sally Esser school is almost 15 minutes away from my house! Still I haven't heard anything about it.
I even googled about everything possible but couldn't find anything else than the American institute of education, they are based in California, therefor the one must go there after finishing studying the course online, which is the portion offered for Michigan residents!
I'm excited to go there tomorrow and check it out!

Thank you so much for the info

#119385 - 09/23/15 09:48 AM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Dona]
GallopingHorse Offline

i have all notes from a pro electrolysis course available for sale! And a machine as well ! Pm me if you are interested!

#119386 - 09/23/15 12:49 PM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Dona]
Dona Offline
Major Contributor

So I went there and the school is closed :((
I'm really sad now

#119395 - 09/24/15 11:23 AM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Dona]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

oh no!

For the life of me I cant think of any of our regular contributors that hail from Michigan and could point you at a school. I've hoped one would comment who was closer to your area.

Montreal , where Dectro's offices are isnt as far to go as California.I'm pretty sure their courses would follow michigans guidelines. Dectro's electrolysis program is well recognized. It would still require you to leave the state for a bit.

Have you tried calling any of the others, example Livingston? Are they still operating?

Seana

#119453 - 09/28/15 08:50 PM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Dona]
Mary*Kate Offline

Newbie here, too.
It's really hard to find any reviews about the different schools. I wish there were more reviews online... frown

I've heard good things about Monterey Bay Institute of Electrology, but they are only taking very few students per year. A friend of mine contacted them but no reply.

I thought about the American Institute of Education, but their quality apparently has gone downwards since they moved to this new place. Bad student/teacher-ratio, broken machines,... Can anyone confirm that?

Do you need a license in Michigan? Otherwise it's probably best to find a qualified electrologist who is willing to teach you personally...

-Mary

#119460 - 09/29/15 07:14 AM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Dona]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

from the link above:

Students must obtain an electrology license from the Michigan Department of Consumer & Industry Services. Students must complete at least 400 hours in an electrology program, or they must complete a 6-month apprenticeship. There is an exam requirement that students must also complete. Students must be at least 18 years old and have a 9th grade or equivalent grade level education.

#119640 - 10/17/15 05:32 PM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Mary*Kate]
Jordan2134 Offline

I can confirm that with Mary*Kate that the American Institute of Education school in Orange County is not very reputable. I was thinking about enrolling but from what I've heard about this electrology school from former students is that it has an unprofessional learning environment.

Some examples of this would include teachers texting on their phones instead of assisting students who are in need of their help and there is a serious lack of hygiene with regards to the aesthetic and electrology equipment used on clients. I've also heard that employee roles are not clearly defined because office assistants who are not Licensed electrologists try to take over the role of professors. There is not enough experienced supervision over the students in order for them to properly succeed.

I would be very careful about investing such a sizeable amount of money in a school that doesn't necessarily have the best interest of its students in mind.

-Jordan

#119641 - 10/17/15 06:35 PM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Dona]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Not to put too "fine a point on it," but to call an electrology school "American Institute of Education?" Frankly, this is the Mount Everest of hyperbole. Sounds like something officially part of the US government or whatever?

By contrast, Arthur Hinkel called his school: "Wilshire school of Electrology," because it was located on Wilshire Boulevard and was a SCHOOL. There is nothing wrong with "SCHOOL." Hinkel never wanted to put his name on anything because he thought it was egocentric. I think the school in Monterey is an "institute" too ... why not an "institution?"

"Institute, Academy, College, University" for an electrology SCHOOL or a beauty school? Really ... just saying ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Skin Type
by Iluv2zap
08/17/17 10:51 AM
Gentlemax Pro Settings Advice
by Toronto4305
08/17/17 12:28 AM
DECTRO TREATMENT TABLE/ BED, APILUS XCELL MACHINE
by surprise
08/16/17 04:23 PM
Am I scarred?
by dfahey
08/15/17 04:37 PM
Another French Medical Plucker
by James W. Walker VII
08/15/17 08:59 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9542
James W. Walker VII 8036
Andrea 4147
Michael Bono 3100
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 97 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod