Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#119658 - 10/19/15 09:43 PM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Michael Bono]
Jordan2134 Offline

Mr. Bono,

I agree with your comment about the American Institute of Education school. I don't believe that the fancy name lives up to the quality of this school.

My earlier post was not to solely be negative but rather to seek confirmation of these allegations from either current or past students. Are there any present present or former students who could confirm some of the rumors surrounding this electrology school?

I would encourage as many students as possible to comment about any additional red flags about this school.

Sponsored Links
#119659 - 10/20/15 07:16 AM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Dona]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Jordan,

It's unlikely you will see enough people here who have actually taken a course there to comment.

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#119662 - 10/20/15 10:35 AM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Dona]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Hey Jordan,

I’ve only had very limited contact with the school.

Years ago the school hosted an AEA meeting with (famous) Dr. Aziz, and it was wonderful. The staff was open, friendly and professional. I believe that the school’s key instructor is “Joanna” and she has a great and well-earned reputation. I have spoken to her and met her; I like her. She’s tops in the field and has a warm and kind disposition. So, she’s a big asset to the school. I give her a big “thumbs up.”

A few years ago I wanted to make a courtesy visit to the school (I was already going to be in the area), but the school owner said (real words), “You are forbidden to enter this school because you might be ‘spying’ on the school.” (Interesting? Odd for sure!)

My recent contacts were with a couple former graduates who had a few complaints, (then again, don’t all students?) One of the kids, a very beautiful young woman, met me (by chance) and we started to share information. When I told her that I “do the blend method” … she recoiled in total HORROR! It was as if she was suddenly looking at Adolf Hitler. Her eyes opened wide and she gasped! With zero understanding of “what I do” she asked, “How can anyone endure that pain? Aren’t you making scars all over their face?” I wonder where she got her information?

And, that’s a familiar problem with electrology schools in general. They usually teach, promote and sell ONE particular type of machine/method and, to make their point, disparage all other methods. Is it any wonder that we STILL, after all these decades, are antagonistic to those using “other methods” we don’t understand.

Kind of ridiculous! No, actually pathetic … and an indictment of the whole field of electrology. We still have a lot of small minds out there, and I hate them!

#119667 - 10/20/15 02:09 PM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Michael Bono]
EmancipatedElect Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Rochester, NY
Originally Posted By Michael Bono

And, that’s a familiar problem with electrology schools in general. They usually teach, promote and sell ONE particular type of machine/method and, to make their point, disparage all other methods. Is it any wonder that we STILL, after all these decades, are antagonistic to those using “other methods” we don’t understand.

I can say that, while the school I went to is a distributor for a particular brand of machine (though we weren't forced to buy that brand) and focused mostly on thermolysis in practice, we spent an equal amount of lecture time on galvanic and blend. There was a multiple needle galvanic machine present (in fact, a lot of machines from the entire history of electrolysis, though I don't know if they were all in working order) and we were encouraged to at least try doing blend before we finished school.

I'm a firm believer in using what I feel is the best tool for a particular job and use all three in my practice (though my use of straight galvanic is very limited since I don't do enough of it to invest in a multiple needle machine).

That said, you also get out of school what you are willing to put into it and there were a lot of students that did the bare minimum, if that. I got to school and looked it as a learning opportunity, where I asked if I could get all of the toughest clients and while most students didn't want to work for more than 15 minutes at a time, I was doing multiple hour clients and even took day long sessions. I wouldn't be surprised if half the students I went to school with never even went into practice.

#123650 - 03/21/17 06:32 AM Re: Looking for an electrology course [Re: Dona]
paige33 Offline

Feel free to contact our school: www.selaser.org

We are approved in numberous states and are concerned about YOU being the best electrologist that you can be. Also, to be happy with your path. If we cannot help you, we will send you in the right direction based on what you need, not on who promotes or slanders other schools. We are located in Lexington, KY and approved by the Proprietary Boatd of Education with medical professionals serving as faculty and staff. We also offer continuing education. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 09:16 PM
Feeling tired after electrolysis sessions
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 09:10 AM
Journey of a young French lady
by adrien_sanchiz
10/18/17 07:34 AM
should i continue laser hair removal?
by skydivingjess
10/17/17 11:12 PM
Electrolysis and Hydroquinone
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
10/15/17 06:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
0 registered (), 86 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod