consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#119969 - 11/20/15 12:10 AM first treatment today and need advice
GH101 Offline
Major Contributor

So, I went for a 15 minute session today on the sides of my chin, which is the start of my problem area. I want to go horizontally down my face and up my cheeks. I have alot of facial hair.

I thought my electrolysist removed alot of hair in 15 minutes and can see the spots that are mostly cleared. There are still some stubble hairs though.

It hurt more than at my consultation. It felt like a sharp heat sensation. It felt like she had to tug on hairs to get them out, is that okay?
She used a machine where you have to step on something to get the current. I don't know if she changed probes in between me and my sister's treatments.
My sister used ice first and said that really helped ease pain, so I will definitely use it next time. I am only doing 15 minutes right now, so the ice shouldn't wear off too fast. I also drank alot of water before I went.

After I was done she put aloe Vera on with cotton balls and left it there for 15 minutes while my sister had her session. That felt good and cold, then she put caladryl on and told me I could use that as needed.
She said witch hazel dries the skin.
On the way home the area I had done felt stingy, puffy and sore. I didn't have any redness though.

She does use a magnifying glass mirror with a light. She doesn't wear a mask, but this glass mirror is between us.

She doesn't wear gloves, she likes to touch the area and feel the hair while she is doing it. She answered her cell phone for a personal call and talked on it while she was working on me. She only talked for a couple minutes and it didn't seem to slow her down though, she told them she was working and had to go.

I am very upset about the gloves and her touching her cell while continuing to work on me.

She charges $24 for 15 minutes, is that the going rate?

I do like her and just hope it works!

She said I will see re growth, the hair may be a little finer, but since I have a worser case it will take awhile.

What should I be looking for to make sure it's working? I don't want to go for a year and find out it didn't work.

If I didn't get red, can I still soon and can I still be in the future?
My face now still feels a little sore with some cotton on it.
Thanks so much for the help!

Edited by GH101 (11/20/15 12:14 AM)

Thread Sponsors
#119970 - 11/20/15 12:43 AM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

tugging is not what you want to be feeling. At all.The hairs should slide out like they are lubricated and feel zero resistance.

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#119971 - 11/20/15 04:49 AM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
GH101 Offline
Major Contributor

It was hard to tell, I felt a sharp pinch, then heat, then sometimes a tug.

#119978 - 11/20/15 04:47 PM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
skydivingjess Offline
Major Contributor

(I'm a customer, too, not an expert, FWIW.)

Honestly, it's hard to tell without having seen/felt the treatment, but it sounds like there are a bunch of warning signs here. As Seana said, you should NOT be feeling tugging. Maybe the tiniest tug every once in awhile could be permitted, but certainly not on every hair and it shouldn't feel like she's plucking the hairs.

Also, I would not allow someone to work on me if they weren't using gloves, particularly if they were touching objects like cell phones (which have loads of germs on them) during the session.

Honestly, I'd look for another electrolysis. At least get a consultation from someone else.

#119979 - 11/20/15 05:01 PM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
GH101 Offline
Major Contributor

Well, there wasn't tugging with every hair, just some tougher ones.

Yea, I just didn't know what to do, it's hard to say why don't you wear gloves. I mean she's the only electrlogist that is in my area, right price, hours and she cleared a decent amount of hair in 15 minutes. So far I have zero redness. I guess I could still get red or is it if you haven't gotten red yet you won't?

The only issue is the gloves. Even if she wore gloves she would answer the phone.
I don't know what to do, I would like to go back.

#119981 - 11/20/15 06:38 PM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
skydivingjess Offline
Major Contributor

I mean honestly, it's your call. I'm just giving my opinion. I wouldn't do it (or I would ask her to wear gloves and to change them after using the phone), but it's possible it'll be fine for you, and maybe that's a risk you're willing to take.

#119983 - 11/21/15 01:28 AM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
GH101 Offline
Major Contributor

Well, what risk is there exactly?

#119984 - 11/21/15 12:06 PM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Boooom!

My brain just exploded ... he he he

#119985 - 11/21/15 03:54 PM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
A couple of things:

No tugging of hair BUT realistically, some hairs are bee-oches to release when you first start a case.

The first four to six months are the hardest for clients, but keep at it.

Your skin reaction doesn't cause my bunny ears to go up. No problem there.

I personally frown on no gloves and touching the cell phone while working on a client. Gross. Tell her about your concerns and see if she would be willing to leave the phone alone and wash her hands well before touching you if she insists that she cant wear gloves. She can try finger cots on strategic fingers if she doesn't like gloves.

$24 for 15 minutes is reasonable. I charge more than that!
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#119986 - 11/21/15 06:42 PM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: dfahey]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: France, Spain
Originally Posted By dfahey
A couple of things:

No tugging of hair BUT realistically, some hairs are bee-oches to release when you first start a case.

If I did correctly understand, you said it is normal to feel some traction during the first sessions of the treatment ?
Could you clarify your concept ? because it could get confusions to the clients.

Moreover Josefa, who is teaching me electrolysis, said me that the client shouldn't never ever feel any traction, no matter what. if the client feel some traction, it is the sign of undertreatment and thus, you could observe more regrowth that it should be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Advice for customers.
by fenix
01:14 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
05:46 PM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
12/09/17 07:22 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3183
Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod