Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#119987 - 11/21/15 08:39 PM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I said realistically, it is harder for the that first go around, since the hair growth cycles are not synchronized, along with some other hurdles.

I agree with Josefa - no traction. You have to work a little harder to get a release on SOME hairs, but......

It is the call of the electrologist as to whether shooting a hair 17 times is too much for the skin.

Electrologists have different paths to get to victory and different thought processes.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Thread Sponsors
#119994 - 11/22/15 02:14 AM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
GH101 Offline
Major Contributor

I felt some tugging, it's hard to tell. I feel pinches, sharpness sometimes and heat.

I would love if she just wore gloves or at least showed me she washed her hands. I just don't know how to bring it up without sounding like a pest. She is really into feeling the hair.

So the worst that would happen is I would get some acne or redness? She holds my face taunt sometimes so her hand is like directly on my face/nose.

I just am upset because this is the only real issue right now.
Her prices, hours, location are great. She seems nice and informative. Office seems clean, applies aloe and caladryl right after treatment.

The pain was tolerable, but I will be using ice from now on though.

I didn't have any redness, I just hope it works!

What should I be looking for exactly to make sure it's working. I don't want to go for a year and see its not working. How many treatments should a see certain spot take to see results? How fast should regrowth happen? It would be great to not see regrowth for a couple weeks, so I get a reprieve from dealing with some areas.

Edited by GH101 (11/22/15 02:15 AM)

#119997 - 11/22/15 10:07 AM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: France, Spain
@DeeFahey : You are right. There are different ways of how to do it, differents way of thinking the treatment and... different kill rate%.

If an electrologist is shooting 17 times a hair, it is probably because :
1) the insertion is totally wrong
2) the current intensity is too weak (undertreatment)
3) the time to treat the hair is insufficient

For the best case, the "treated" follicule will be irritated and the skin surrounded will suffer from irreversible damage. This only shows the practitionner have no idea of what he/she is doing, o (s)he needs to improve his/her technique.

Go back to the discussed thread : if a hair need a partial or total traction to get out of the follicule, it means we are not reaching to the objective and the hair will grow back again.

#119998 - 11/22/15 10:15 AM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Originally Posted By GH101
I felt some tugging, it's hard to tell. I feel pinches, sharpness sometimes and heat.

I didn't have any redness, I just hope it works!

The result is contradictory. On the one hand you say your practicionner has removed a lot of hair (and the most thick), and on the other hand you have no skin reaction.

Moreover, for each hair you feel some traction, this hair will be grow again. Thus this is a lost of time and money

Edited by adrien_sanchiz (11/22/15 10:15 AM)

#120008 - 11/22/15 11:27 PM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: adrien_sanchiz]
GH101 Offline
Major Contributor

What do you mean if the skin isn't red for a long period or have stabs then the treatment didn't work?

Some of the hair was course to medium. Well, some of the hairs needed a tug to get out because it was my first treatment. They are stubborn.

Should this area be treated again this week or should I get a new area treated?

#120015 - 11/24/15 01:04 PM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

After removing course hair with electrolysis, it is normal to notice some redness, which will disappear few hours after the treatment. I just find curious your face stays without any skin reaction after your electrolysis session.

#120016 - 11/24/15 09:53 PM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
GH101 Offline
Major Contributor

Well minimal redness. I do feel some tugging, I don't know.

I will give it a few more treatments and see what happens, it's been a week since and the hair hasn't really grown back.

#120017 - 11/25/15 12:58 AM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Today, I cleared an African American woman's beard for the first time. Ninety-percent of her hairs were in the shape of 'C's, 'S's and 'U's. The probe is straight. The hair structures are grossly contorted. What do you do? Do those hairs slide out with no traction. Mostly not.

How do you handle these hair structures? As I said before, the first clearances for these cases are very challenging. No textbook or school can prepare a student for following hard fast rules in the textbook. All those rules go out the window for some very challenging cases, so you have to do some special techniques if you use thermolysis.

Blend or galvanic would clearly be better for these structures, for the first clearance, but if you are an electrologist, who only uses thermolysis, you must live probe or angle the probe at almost 90 degree angles on the left side and the right side of the follicle. You can get the hair to slide, but not always. If it doesn't slide after three shots, I take it. On the next go around, the hair will be straight in the follicle, if the client stays on a good schedule and comes in when the new hair is young and tender.

If we could see under the skin what these strange hair structures look like, we would have a great kill rate, but alas.

I don't know what GH101's hair structures look like. Are they straight hairs or alphabet hairs?

Yes, we like hairs to slide, but for my African American cases that come in, mangled up with bumps and hyperpigmentation, if they don't want blend, then I have my strategy for using thermolysis down very well and they still get finished in 18 months or less.

The text books are not helpful for real world electrology for extremely challenging cases. You got to discover stuff on your own. I will find some pictures and post later.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#120018 - 11/25/15 01:50 AM Re: first treatment today and need advice [Re: GH101]
GH101 Offline
Major Contributor

My hair is course to medium. It's mostly stubble. She has been doing some brown tiny ones, I want her to work more on the courser ones, but she continues to just focus on these hairs that I don't really care about. I will continue to discuss with her what I want cleared at my next appointment. Maybe she doesn't want to use a high current until I am more used to it. She seems to want to go in sections before moving to other areas. I am also Caucasian, so my hair isn't like an African American woman. How long did it take to clear her face?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Josefa M. Reina
0 seconds ago
Electrolysis on legs
by Josefa M. Reina
Today at 07:10 AM
Hairtell restructuration needed
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 11:52 PM
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:32 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:30 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3185
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod