Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#121434 - 03/24/16 12:24 PM Re: Challenging Dectro officials [Re: dfahey]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By dfahey

A practicing electrologist is OBLIGATED to continue their education beyond their school, outdated books or what the electrologist on the other side of town says. That is why Hairtell, HairShoot and Electrology International are very valuable resources for the profession, though I hear that Hairtell has become boring, weird and less important. This is a consumer site and some professionals get annoyed with answering the same questions over and over again, but the fearful, first time consumer is just looking for a little help, so where do they go? It is all new and scary for them. I try to never forget how the consumer feels.

I would love to hear Dectro's response to this thread, but I feel Hairtell is not the place that they would engage in such a discussion.

I like private groups, although this is still a form of enlightened absolutism: "All by the people, for the people, without the people". However, Hairtell (if used correctly, not as a weapon) lets you listen to the voices of those in the "peanut gallery". Acting behind the scenes is fine, but do it openly before the public is more rewarding, and also more risky.
You can receive ovations or catcalls. In any case, it is always better than a complete and utter indifference. At least people will know you made an effort to be there, sitting next to them.

Dectro no need to extend a red carpet for us, electrologists. Just off the stage for a few seconds, and "listen" to the public.
Hairtell has been a great way to promote their products, why not give back a little of what Hairtell has given them?

Thread Sponsors
#121435 - 03/24/16 02:17 PM Re: Challenging Dectro officials [Re: dfahey]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By dfaheye

This is a very useful thread. Im not sure they will see this discussion. As I said to Adrien, I would be glad to send this link to someone at Dectro, with his permission.

I think I might have a card here for eric at the training school/ Dectro center in Montreal. HE's the sales person but he can put you in touch with the instructor of the school, her name is Lucie if I recall correctly. Is that helpful Adrien?

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#121437 - 03/24/16 06:54 PM Re: Challenging Dectro officials [Re: ]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Originally Posted By depilacionelectr

Dectro no need to extend a red carpet for us, electrologists. Just off the stage for a few seconds, and "listen" to the public.
Hairtell has been a great way to promote their products, why not give back a little of what Hairtell has given them?

Truth is, Dectro does not come on here to promote their products. They have never asked me to be their cheerleader. That would be improper. Information is shared by those of us who know this unit very well. I'm sooooooo guilty of talking about their great electrolysis innovations the most. I have to admit that I get very excited sharing what I have experienced and I probably would not enjoy performing electrolysis as much as I do if the xCell Pro did not exist anymore. It is a fantastic piece of equipment, but is only part of the equation for removing hair, but it is an important part, indeed.

I heard an explanation several years ago as to why it looks like there is tugging on hair from an Apilus colleague, but I'm not sure I buy it. Maybe more later about that.....
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#121438 - 03/24/16 07:18 PM Re: Challenging Dectro officials [Re: dfahey]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

In any case, if you are guilty, I am too. Perhaps I have been less eloquent with my manifestations (except with the LIBP), but guilty after all. I see nothing wrong with mentioning your preferences, but it's just my opinion.

Tugging is tugging, deny the evidence is irrational, and an insult to our intelligence. Excuses, just that, excuses.

#121439 - 03/24/16 07:19 PM Re: Challenging Dectro officials [Re: Iluv2zap]
adrien_sanchiz Offline
Top 20 Contributor

Loc: France, Spain
Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
what I do know they are not taught to pluck.
Seana

Thank you Seana, but if I contact these people you know from Dectro, propably they will claim the same thing you did here so...

I just tell you guys what I heard, what I saw. The video is online for the moment. All person who have friends from Dectro or not and feel the need to speak about this issue, is free to do it.

Edited by adrien_sanchiz (03/24/16 07:22 PM)

#121441 - 03/24/16 09:21 PM Re: Challenging Dectro officials [Re: fenix]
depilacionelectr
Unregistered

Originally Posted By fenix
Now we know why electrology industry was decimated by Laser industry. Mass consumer was too exhausted to pay extremely high prices for high tech slow tweezing.

It will only take a few Renascence Men/Women to spread good training to save the industry, especially when the last bastion of better skilled electrologists will start to retire.

The only electrology school in NYC is Dectro certified but it produces very poorly trained pluckers who charge standard rates. One electrologist told me she tried hiring younger hands who all graduate from that electrology school but she just could not spend so much time retraining several that came to her with very poor theory and hands on skills. She was afraid to lose clients. But schools like that hold monopoly on almost non existent electrology schools in the U.S. and other countries. So options for well meaning students who want to learn real deal electrology are out of options but to experiment on poor clients until they develop the skills that schools should have taught them.

Thanks for your testimony, Fenix.

I never perceived laser industry as a threat to electrolysis industry. I will go further, when laser came into our lives, I had more demand than ever, and so remained until today.

As you have correctly pointed out, "tweezing experts" are solely responsible for this decline. But remember one thing, for each of the videos where stated, implied, or showing a hair is plucked because the root is dry, or any other stupidity, I will put ten more proving otherwise.

And I invite all my colleagues to do the same. Only in this way, we will let people know how Electrolysis works. That, my friends, is called survival instinct, not for me, but for future generations.

#121560 - 04/04/16 01:59 PM Re: Challenging Dectro officials [Re: ]
Dectro Offline
Equipment Manufacturer
Contributor

Loc: Canada
Hello Josefa,

thank you for your nice comments. In fact, we are currently working on implementing a special Academy Apilus course in Spain. We will keep you updated.

Dario

Dario Zujo, MBA
Dectro International
www.dectro.com

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
One month on...
by Ton
0 seconds ago
Electrolysis Exam Secrets ... warning!
by Ton
8 minutes 41 seconds ago
A Tale of Two Electrolygists
by Ton
36 minutes 18 seconds ago
Advice: Should I switch to someone who uses blend?
by endlesshello
01/17/18 03:20 PM
Thermocoagulation and Health Canada regulation
by Iluv2zap
01/15/18 11:09 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9633
James W. Walker VII 8052
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3220
Who's Online
1 registered (Ton), 53 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod