Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#121623 - 04/12/16 02:20 PM Flutamide
csoki Offline
Contributor

Has any of you taken Flutamide for excess hair? If so, what was your experience?

Sponsored Links
#121624 - 04/12/16 02:58 PM Re: Flutamide [Re: csoki]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Flutemide is coming into use as an antiandrogen with transgender women. It's reportedly a descent antiandrogen, however there are serious concerns with the liver for that particular drug. Please note the following warning that comes up on drugs.com for it:
Flutamide may cause serious, even life-threatening, liver problems. Tell your doctor if you have a history of liver disease. Notify your doctor immediately if you develop nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, loss of appetite, fever, yellowing eyes or skin, dark urine, or unusual fatigue. Laboratory tests (eg, liver function tests) should be performed before and during use of flutamide. Your doctor will be monitoring your treatment closely.

Also note, it is not recommended for use by women.

I havent personally used the drug, but I know several on reddit in the trans community have. It's also reportedly VERY expensive. If no one has used it here, you can try asking here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/asktransgender/

Seana

Edited by Iluv2zap (04/12/16 03:01 PM)
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#121625 - 04/13/16 10:09 AM Re: Flutamide [Re: csoki]
csoki Offline
Contributor

Thanks for the answer!

My endo presrcibed it to me for PCOS, with regular blood tests to check the liver/kidneys. It has only been 6 weeks, and I see no effect yet..

#121628 - 04/13/16 05:10 PM Re: Flutamide [Re: csoki]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

yes, that confused me a little. I know I've heard mention of it amoung some other transpeople, but when I looked it up on drugs.com there were dire warnings that it shouldnt be used on women at all, and I dont think it was entirely related to it's antiandrogen qualities, though I didnt look that deeply into the reasons why. It does seem to be used in cancer patients frequently.Your own medical professional, is probably your best source for information. Always remember that as electrologists, we are NOT medical professionals ( other than maybe Dee who I think is still qualified as an RN) and cannot offer you anything related to a diagnosis, or rather, we shouldnt but instead you should be looking to the medical community for such information, who are aware of interactions and the ways drugs work, that we certainly are not aware of. An electrology diploma can be had in a matter of days to months training, whereas medical doctors get much more thorough training and as electrologists, we are not qualified to diagnose skin or endocrine disorders.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Feeling tired after electrolysis sessions
by Michael Bono
52 minutes 36 seconds ago
Journey of a young French lady
by adrien_sanchiz
Today at 07:34 AM
should i continue laser hair removal?
by skydivingjess
Yesterday at 11:12 PM
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
10/16/17 10:59 PM
Electrolysis and Hydroquinone
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
10/15/17 06:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3157
Who's Online
0 registered (), 99 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod