Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#121874 - 05/10/16 06:54 PM Re: Advice on Settings for Laser hair removal [Re: hairh]
Brenton Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: SoCal
Normally I'd say 10J is low, but since the machine comes with presets based on the hair type and skin type, I'd be a little surprised if the machine was programmed to do settings that were too low for any permanent removal.

Sponsored Links
#121875 - 05/11/16 11:43 AM Re: Advice on Settings for Laser hair removal [Re: Brenton]
SoCalPurr Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: SoCal (Eastvale, CA)
I would actually think the opposite. Settings from the manufacturer most likely err on the side of liability.

#121876 - 05/11/16 11:51 AM Re: Advice on Settings for Laser hair removal [Re: SoCalPurr]
Brenton Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: SoCal
Originally Posted By SoCalPurr
I would actually think the opposite. Settings from the manufacturer most likely err on the side of liability.

Perhaps, but then you also have a fraud issue if they're selling a machine with too low settings to do anything

#121880 - 05/12/16 10:53 AM Re: Advice on Settings for Laser hair removal [Re: hairy Harry]
RJRogers Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By hairy Harry
I don't mean to belittle your hair problem,Hairh, but I can't understand men wanting to get hair reduction (unless you're trans) as far as I can see its not a big-deal for men, it's not repulsive nor a turn - off for most women. wink

Well personally for people like me who have double/triple the hair of a normal man it is very annoying when i go out in public and every single person points out how hairy I am as if I was a freak, I would just like to be able to go out in shorts and feel good with less hair.... that's it. It isn't a gay/bi/trans thing, just a feel good factor.

#121881 - 05/12/16 12:36 PM Re: Advice on Settings for Laser hair removal [Re: hairh]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
When I was 24 and just starting electrolysis treatments on my back, the electrologist asked if I was a “transvestite.” I didn’t know what that was, but it still makes me angry when somebody questions anybody about why they want the hair removed or thinned out.

Basically, it’s none of anybody’s damned business. There is no right or wrong (it’s just hair), and those that question others have no right to voice their opinion … because “questioning” is “belittling.” If some stranger can’t understand it … well, that’s too damned bad. Nobody has to justify what they do with their own body.

#121885 - 05/12/16 11:39 PM Re: Advice on Settings for Laser hair removal [Re: hairh]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
I must agree with you, Michael.

Likewise, when a person comes to me wanting hair removed that I deem is not a problem, and I verbalize to them that they are okay.... well ..... I advise then NOT to spend their money on electrolysis.

If they insist that this is what they want, I do what they want. They are free to decide for themselves WHAT they want to do with their body.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#121886 - 05/13/16 11:51 AM Re: Advice on Settings for Laser hair removal [Re: hairh]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
Still, I will refuse service if I think I would be disfiguring the person … or if I feel they are a bit “off.” I had a 250-pound biker-guy come in with a shaved swastika in his chest; he wanted it zapped so it would be permanent. I didn’t do it. I had a woman come in with her head shaved in radical points. She said she was a witch and wanted this design. I didn’t do it. I have a policy now: “No Nazis, and no witches.” Trolls and fairies, however, are just fine. (I have a couple more example, but these are so extreme nobody would believe it! People can be NUTS! And, most of them are in Congress.)

#121899 - 05/14/16 12:12 PM Re: Advice on Settings for Laser hair removal [Re: RJRogers]
hairh Offline

Originally Posted By RJRogers
Originally Posted By hairy Harry
I don't mean to belittle your hair problem,Hairh, but I can't understand men wanting to get hair reduction (unless you're trans) as far as I can see its not a big-deal for men, it's not repulsive nor a turn - off for most women. wink

Well personally for people like me who have double/triple the hair of a normal man it is very annoying when i go out in public and every single person points out how hairy I am as if I was a freak, I would just like to be able to go out in shorts and feel good with less hair.... that's it. It isn't a gay/bi/trans thing, just a feel good factor.

Exactly. I'm always amused by dudes who are judgemental about hair removal. I would be cool with hair on my body too if I wasn't COVERED in it like I am. I wasn't expecting comments about it on a HAIR REMOVAL forum either lol....

Seems the consensus is that 10 joules is super low so I will bring this up at the next session.

Edited by hairh (05/14/16 12:14 PM)

#121900 - 05/14/16 12:33 PM Re: Advice on Settings for Laser hair removal [Re: hairh]
Deedra Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: United States
I would like to know the parameters of this laser. How high can it go? Numbers mean different things to different machines.

Licensed by the State Medical Board of Ohio for Cosmetic Therapy/Electrolysis and the State Nursing Board of Ohio

#121911 - 05/15/16 10:12 PM Re: Advice on Settings for Laser hair removal [Re: hairh]
hairh Offline

Thanks dfahey. I think page 3 of this brochure gives the parameters. If you (or anyone else with input) could take a look id really appreciate it.

https://asp-au.secure-zone.net/v2/index.jsp?id=1096/1218/5420&lng=en

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
upper lip scars
by MrsV
Today at 07:36 AM
Looking for a marathon electrologist
by TSTimmi
Yesterday at 10:57 PM
Apilus Electropil... no model name?
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 10:06 AM
Understanding How Laser Hair Removal Works
by Deedra
09/24/18 03:35 PM
Best Laser Hair Removal UAE
by osamadcs
09/24/18 07:06 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
Deedra 9712
James W. Walker VII 8055
Andrea 4158
Michael Bono 3490
Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod