Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#122211 - 07/11/16 08:35 AM Electrolysis aftercare
Anchor Offline

What have you all found to be the best aftercare treatment to reduce scabbing/scarring and increasing healing time? I've heard a lot about witch hazel but am not sure what exact product to buy? Do you use Vaseline to decrease scab formation? Any thoughts on effective post-treatment care would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
#122212 - 07/11/16 08:53 AM Re: Electrolysis aftercare [Re: Anchor]
Julesrules121 Offline
Contributor

Loc: OH, United States
This has been my after electrolysis + beauty routine and it's working very well for me. Took a few years to perfect lol.
immidiately after session: Clean area with witch hazel on cotton pad. Add 1-2 drops of tea tree oil to the same cotton pad and clean area again. Put on polysporin until that night.
That night: wash face with gentle soap. Wipe area down with Cotton pad + witch hazel. Add 1-2 drops of tea tree oil and wipe area again. Seal area with Vaseline/aquaphor.
I then repeat this every morning and right before bed for the next 3 days.
The rest of the week I'll do the following one in the morning, once before bed: clean area with gentle soap. wipe witch hazel on cotton pad. Use regular moisturizer (I use a non scented basic intensive moisturizer with an oatmeal base). Seal area with a few drops of pure argan oil + a few drops of rose hip oil.

#122216 - 07/11/16 12:09 PM Re: Electrolysis aftercare [Re: Anchor]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
If all this process is working for you ... then BRAVO! "Go for it."

#122217 - 07/11/16 05:34 PM Re: Electrolysis aftercare [Re: Anchor]
kljutsh Offline
Contributor

Loc: estonia/finland
My electrolysis sessions aftercare:

I clean the area with calendulae tinct (which disinfects) with cotton pads as directed by my electrologist, and only after 24h allow water on the area, to avoid any bacteria. I don't use any soap, cream or any such on the area. No direct sunlight for 48-72h - I have fair skin. This works for me.. Calendulae tinct is cheap (2 EUR per 50 ml bottle) and seems to be doing the trick for me.

I haven't had scabs after my sessions yet. Waiting for those ones still.

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
What does influence the kill rate?
by Josefa M. Reina
13 minutes 44 seconds ago
My experience, theories and questions
by zapmyface
35 minutes 13 seconds ago
Advise please, what is normal- process/ results?
by zapmyface
Today at 06:13 AM
Sensing the bottom of the follicle with probe
by Kellie
Today at 03:27 AM
Insulated needles when first learning?
by Kellie
Today at 03:08 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9644
James W. Walker VII 8054
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3248
Who's Online
0 registered (), 90 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod