Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#122758 - 09/27/16 07:28 PM Re: My kinda cool build with an Arduino timer+counter [Re: meese]
meese Offline
Contributor

Loc: Colorado
Started chronicling my DIY adventures on my blog so I'm somewhat shamelessly plugging it here, first post can be found here.

Also a post about the simple usb webcam macro mod I bumped into is here. (Though I already posted it in one of Seana's threads)

Was going to do an update on the webcam macro mod but for the last few days I have been completely blanking on it and shaving my entire my beard in the morning, oops. And I'm still planning on building and posting the thermolysis DIY machine sometime soon.

Also boycott Tinder!

(No, there is no such thing as shame when pageviews are involved)

Sponsored Links
#122759 - 09/27/16 08:45 PM Re: My kinda cool build with an Arduino timer+counter [Re: meese]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Oh boy. I recognize some of the motivations now smile

Practise Practise Practise.

Hairtell will be needed for a while yet!
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#123711 - 04/01/17 07:31 PM Re: My kinda cool build with an Arduino timer+counter [Re: meese]
meese Offline
Contributor

Havn't posted in a while here! But I've secured the funding to continue work on these shenanigans, though I'm more lacking in time now. Upgraded the old ugly makeshift case today to an actual case!

Boring longer blog article about it here: https://mabboud.net/hair-o-matics-new-case/

and pretty pictures:

#123715 - 04/02/17 09:25 AM Re: My kinda cool build with an Arduino timer+counter [Re: meese]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Your DIY build is looking pretty spiffy!
Some questions for you:

Anything at all remain of the original one touch?
Since you seem to be playing with some combined thermolysis and galvanic, at what frequency is your oscillator alternating the radio frequency current?Some machines use 13.56 mhz, others 27 mhz.

Any plans to put in preset routines? Thousands of a second pulses?

Surely you have more invested in this project by now than you would have had you just bought a used machine off of ebay?

how about success rate in epilation? You are correct it has been a while, in this much time you could have made some real progress in hair removal, or is tinkering eating up most of your epilation time?

Good luck with this project, and if you ever decide to spend more time on hair removal than on tinkering with your electronics, hit me up for tips.

Seana

#123716 - 04/02/17 05:18 PM Re: My kinda cool build with an Arduino timer+counter [Re: meese]
meese Offline
Contributor

One touch is way way long gone. I think I might still have the makeshift probe holder lying around as a backup but that's it.

Haven't actually added thermo yet! sorry if that wasn't clear.

Have a little circuit diagram in lt spice drawn up for it and a mouser cart full of parts for it I'm going to order soon (mouser is an electrical component store)

It's going to be 13.56 mhz couldn't find any solid evidence of 27 mhz being superior.

I'm trying to remember what timings the Arduino pulse generator I'm going to make with one of its outputs is capable of doing but it's been a minute since I researched that, I think it can do down to 1000ths of a second at least.

Will have to redo the DC circuit as it needs to be re-enforced against RF interference from the thermo circuit or the microcontroller and the nifty stuff it does will be messed with.

I might actually buy a used machine so I have one that I know works to learn/compare with. My blog addresses this though, for the fun of it! Though I'm still currently only in $60 or $70 on this so not price wise, timewise probably, but it's fun.

I've been going with the spread out vs area clearing method which makes it hard to tell but I did clear out a small patch on my front chin and one on my sideburn for this purpose and they both haven't had any regrowth and it's been 5 or 6 months.

Area under my chin where I first started practising has of course had some regrowth. The oopsies I made on the bottom of my chin while learning have all disappeared though, kinda hard to scar yourself with DC I think.

Currently my hair kill counter says 3050 but there was around 1500 to 2000 on it before it got reset when I changed things. So 5000ish out of worst case 40k hairs(think 40k is worst case?), so I'm getting there lol.

Current job requires my face to be pretty at all times which is the biggest impediment to my progress on this. Planning on taking a week off sometime and just binging out on hair killing.

#123718 - 04/03/17 12:21 PM Re: My kinda cool build with an Arduino timer+counter [Re: meese]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Well, I'm still going to recommend you buy a used blend machine to work with. This is all well and good as a fun experiment, but a face, no you will treat more than 40000 hairs I'm sorry to say.You'll want and appreciate the increased epilation time of blend . I'd still recommend investing a few hundred into a good quality used blend epilator. One where the timings and circuitry have already been figured out and engineered for you ( by experts). Havingdone my own face, strait thermolysis is too risky, improperly regulated electrolysis shares this risk. Blend on a professional machine can be done without the same level of risk, and pure galvanic , is just too slow in my opinion to ge tthe job done on as many hairs as you will face in a beard removal. While I appreciate the DIY aspect, I think you may have taken it to it's conclusion. Time to move on and kill some hair with a little better efficiency.

Seana

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Skin Type
by Iluv2zap
08/17/17 10:51 AM
Gentlemax Pro Settings Advice
by Toronto4305
08/17/17 12:28 AM
DECTRO TREATMENT TABLE/ BED, APILUS XCELL MACHINE
by surprise
08/16/17 04:23 PM
Am I scarred?
by dfahey
08/15/17 04:37 PM
Another French Medical Plucker
by James W. Walker VII
08/15/17 08:59 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9542
James W. Walker VII 8036
Andrea 4147
Michael Bono 3100
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 97 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod