Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#122562 - 09/09/16 08:52 AM Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser?
Tyler12 Offline
Contributor

Hello to HairTell Forum,

I have hair growing on my penis shaft - a lot. It grows half way up my penis with a high density. And there are the few hairs here and there on the top half of my shaft - so basically hair all along my shaft, but higher density on the bottom half.

I was wondering if it would be safer to perform IPL or laser on the penis?

Would laser include devices using the ND-Yag Laser / Gentle Yag Laser? (Hence name?)

And would IPL include things like the lumenis one?

Thank you so much!

Sponsored Links
#122563 - 09/09/16 10:25 AM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Electrolysis would do a better job of this. I dont recommend ipl to anyone, and if they must do laser, only an alexandrite or yag laser will do.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#122564 - 09/09/16 06:53 PM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

If you're lucky enough to find anyone in electrology world willing to work on the private area, I would invest time, money and energy in electrolysis for best possible result. If electrolysis is not an option, laser is an option but I doubt you'll get satisfying result in that area. But with laser your option will be limited to ND:Yag as the skin is normally not light enough for Alexandrite laser. Do not waste money on IPL, it's a poor system.

#122565 - 09/09/16 11:18 PM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Some electrologists openly advertise they serve transgender clients.Such electrologists would be a good choice. Why? Because its precisely the area that is cleared before surgery . They likely are already doing such work smile

#122566 - 09/10/16 03:57 PM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Iluv2zap]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
Because its precisely the area that is cleared before surgery

Not always. Here in Germany it is not common to clear that area before SRS.

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

#122567 - 09/10/16 06:49 PM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

In North America, we seem to have a mix of surgeons who have different preferences indeed some that insist in no prior electrolysis. The majority seem to want electrolysis done well in advance, clear for a year seems to be what they go for. In general it is the area on the shaft scrotum and about 1/2 inch surrounding area though the precise area seems to differ from surgeon to surgeon as well.

#122568 - 09/11/16 10:58 AM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
Michael Bono Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Santa Barbara, CA USA
I think Tyler is talking about the very common area that should have permanent hair removal (not seeking re-assignment).

FYI, this should take no more than 3 - 4 hours total, however, done in smaller bits of time, and local anesthetic is appropriate.

Edited by Michael Bono (09/11/16 11:05 AM)

#122569 - 09/12/16 12:21 AM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
Tyler12 Offline
Contributor

Yes, I'm not seeking SRS. But it would be great to find an electrolysis clinic in Bangkok. In Bangkok a place offering electrolysis is hard to find - they all offer lasers. The only place to offer electrolysis is Yanhee Hospital. And their prices are absurdly high - USD $90 for a needle, and USD $130 per hour.

And from Fenix's suggestion I went ahead and found a clinic using ND:Yag Laser for $60 a session that includes the penis shaft, perineum, and surrounding anal areas.

I'll update you guys as to how it goes smile

#122572 - 09/12/16 08:17 AM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

There's a fellow that posts here from Bankok who has been getting electrolysis at the hospital in Bangkok.

#122573 - 09/12/16 09:27 AM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Iluv2zap]
Tyler12 Offline
Contributor

Thank you for the note - I read it and he seems quite pleased with the service and results. It's great that Yanhee offers injections - I don't think I could bare so much shocks down there. I will go to Yanhee for touch ups once I am done with my ND:Yag laser treatments.

I just got back from my first laser hair removal treatment in the region down there and it was a mix of a light zap and pain! I was givin numbing cream for an hour and half and then proceeded with the treatment. Some areas were pain free, but after the numbing agent started wearing off, not even ice packs helped.

But I tried my best, and I'm glad to be done with my first treatment.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
USA Electrolysis Schools
by dfahey
Today at 10:20 AM
Best option for facial hair?
by stoppit&tidyup
Today at 10:11 AM
FOR SALE
by Iluv2zap
Today at 08:51 AM
Irvine/Orange Country electrolysis/ Nami's Skin
by PalePinkSkinDark
Yesterday at 05:34 PM
Painful Pustules After Treatment
by Soft Touch
Yesterday at 03:25 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9504
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod