Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#123039 - 11/09/16 02:30 PM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
Tyler12 Offline
Contributor

Update: I went in for my 3rd treatment today!

I'm really happy with the results. With 2 treatments I have eliminated 90% of the hair growing on my penile shaft. So today I had to help them menouver my penis in order to get the little hairs hiding :P (it's honestly better this way for a thorough treatment).

The hairs at the perinal area and backside in general has become very sparse. I'd estimate maybe 40% has been removed here. So this will require many more before it's all gone. I assume because it's a harder area to work on havingto work between the bum cheeks.

I'll see how much has been eliminated with this third treatment smile

Sponsored Links
#123149 - 12/06/16 09:26 AM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
Tyler12 Offline
Contributor

Update on my third treatment:

There is quite a lot of hair regrowth (maybe 35%-45%) on my penis shaft and the base that was lasered. These areas didn't grow back during my second or third treatment visits. So they will get lasered on my 4th visit. This is frustrating and a little scary because of wasted treatment slots and I don't know if the laser was effective (some regrowth is thinner and some is still the same thickened- maybe a bit thinner but I can't really tell).

I really hope by the end of my treatments the hairs don't grow back at this pace and density. So maybe I'll space my treatments out further apart. Will go in for my 4th in a week.

And in terms of hair on my perineum area and anal area I can't tell a difference between my second and third treatments.

I think for my next visit I'll do my best to shave as much as possible so that the laser takes full effect.

#123150 - 12/06/16 01:05 PM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
TheFlyingProbe Offline
Contributor

It might not be necessary, but plan on finishing up with electrolysis. It has been my experience that laser can permanently reduce the amount of hair up to a certain point beyond which you will need electrolysis to complete the job.

#123151 - 12/06/16 02:31 PM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
This is so very true. I remember while I was studying to be an electrologist, the Electrologist that removed my hair, made the comment that she see's the future of hair removal, not including electrolysis. She felt that that laser would replace electrolysis and she was glad that it wouldn't affect her because she was retiring in five years. There was even a newspaper article to that effect in my local paper, confirming what she thought. Even though her opinion didn't encourage me very much, I continued with my electrolysis program. The opposite happened, -electrolysis is still here and we are all very busy removing hair that laser can't "see". We are needed more than ever.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#123152 - 12/06/16 02:56 PM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
TheFlyingProbe Offline
Contributor

Most doctors that were early adopters of laser hair removal, in the late 90's/early 2000's, purchased machines on false promises made by the manufacturers. Their goal was to render electrolysis obsolete and to capture all of the hair removal market. Now consumers are well aware that laser hair removal is unpredictable even in cases where the client is considered a good candidate for the procedure. Sometimes it works, other times it does not. Electrolysis did not go away, in fact, it has a bright future and will be with us for many years to come.

#123222 - 12/21/16 10:14 AM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
ozzy Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: fl
yes, my experience is that you'll need to finish up with electrolysis.Its up close and personal.:)

#123473 - 02/11/17 12:36 AM Re: Hair on Penis Shaft: IPL or Laser? [Re: Tyler12]
Tyler12 Offline
Contributor

Update on my 5th Treatment:

Treatments don't seem to be going well. I have no idea why. The first session I had great results - witnessed a 70% reduction in hair for 2-3 months. But then they slowly started growing back - and now almost at the same density and thickness as before. And now on my 5th treatment, despite my hair being dark brown, the laser technician says half of my hair was responding to the laser (if it reflected light when shot) and half wasn't.

So I'm a bit bummed out about how much money I'd wasted. Particularly going with IPL for my legs (10 treatments for $4,000 usd) which was stupid as I hadn't done my research. And for my arms, nipples, penis, anal area, general down there area - $2,500 usd for 8 treatments course). The IPL is expensive because of the location I'd chosen. But at least you learn right? So never making the same mistakes again :P

So I'll finish up my treatments and when I have the money, I'll go get electrolysis done. I'll get my penis done first as this is my main area of concern.

For electrolysis how many sessions on average until you can expect good amount of removal?

Thank you guys ^^

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Electrolysis + IPL? (when IPL caused hair growth)
by sunshine27
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
Beard Electrolysis
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 06:06 PM
PCOS-Hirsuitism and its cocktail
by The Dowager
03/24/17 04:12 PM
Find an electrologist in East Anglia
by h56ty
03/23/17 11:56 AM
How to find an electrologist in your area
by smac
03/22/17 08:28 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9438
James W. Walker VII 8023
Andrea 4145
Michael Bono 3051
Who's Online
0 registered (), 88 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod