Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#122717 - 09/22/16 08:30 PM Re: I finally did it! I scarred myself. [Re: Iluv2zap]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
USB handheld microscope on Amazon for less than 50 bucks. Celestron....go for the lower power one.

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

Sponsored Links
#122719 - 09/23/16 03:18 AM Re: I finally did it! I scarred myself. [Re: Laurier]
meese Offline
Contributor

Loc: Colorado
So I tried out some practice insertions the with macro webcam. Turns out depth perception is indeed important. Also annoying was my webcams sluggish exposure auto adjust when adjusting the cam and light angle. After about an hour of mostly jabbing my probe into space I managed to be able to get insertions down with some regularity although still slow and I didn't actually turn my machine on. Time delay and frame rate with my Logitech C270 wasn't an issue.

Definitely harder than with the mirror but for hard to see areas still an improvement. Hoping that working with the lack of depth perception is a thing that you can get better at and seems like it is so far. Keeping my finger tips clearly visible in the frame helped a lot. And the lack of depth perception for the webcam is worse than like keeping one closed depth perception, maybe the narrower depth of field or angle or not the best resolution causing it.

Originally Posted By Laurier
USB handheld microscope on Amazon for less than 50 bucks. Celestron....go for the lower power one.

But the webcam mod is free :] (if you already own a usb webcam)

Edited by meese (09/23/16 04:15 AM)

#123749 - 04/08/17 10:17 PM Re: I finally did it! I scarred myself. [Re: Iluv2zap]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I thought this might be an interesting post to come back to. I took a picture last september showing the damage I though I had done. I never ever posted it, To be honest it made me a little squeemish. I truly thought there would be some ongoing evidence of this severe transgression of electrolysis gone bad.

I was convinced there would be some line, some part of this minor cut that would show up ongoing.a paler bit of skin perhaps? Well, I just spent about the last hour trying to get a really good clear picture on my now upgraded phone of the area the damage had been. I have the original to compare too. Except now in april 8 months after, I can find absolutely no trace of the damage done comparing the Exact area the damage was done. Nothing. nada. Not a wrinkle or crease or discoloration.

Dont sweat the small stuff folks. our own minds are our worst enemies in such situations.The skin has fantastic healing capabilities. Let it work.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Are AEA electrologists the only ones to pick?
by Soft Touch
Ripped Off?
by Soft Touch
12:36 AM
Lower Back Pain
by Megrb
12:10 AM
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by Skyisblue
02:58 PM
FOR SALE
by CMM
02:55 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9507
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod