Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#123113 - 11/27/16 10:19 PM Thermolysis on Coarse Hairs - Bad?
AnxiousBee Offline
Contributor

Hello all,

I came across some information that states that the thermolysis method is not meant for coarse hairs, and that it can in fact cause skin damage if used on coarse hairs (Damage which may not even become apparent until upwards of 15 years afterwards!). My electrologist has been doing this method on my female unwanted facial hair, and now I fear I may have long term damage...

To top it off, this source claims that "With thermolysis, we find that with each pass, we remove the main hair, but stimulate follicle sites surrounding the original offender. The skin, does what it does best, and that is to protect itself against stimulation and one of those mechanisms for protection is…(good grief)…HAIR. Often the harder you work, the more there is to do!!!" source: http://hairzapper.com/thermolysis/

I have noticed this exact thing happening to me, I have hairs that DID NOT exist prior to beginning electrolysis/thermolysis...which means it would just be a never ending cycle if I continue with my electrologist who operates in this mode.

What are your opinions on this?

Thank You.

Edited by AnxiousBee (11/27/16 10:32 PM)

Thread Sponsors
#123114 - 11/27/16 10:49 PM Re: Thermolysis on Coarse Hairs - Bad? [Re: AnxiousBee]
TheFlyingProbe Online
Major Contributor

After 37 years in the business, let me reassure you that thermolysis works VERY WELL on coarse hair. It's the skill of the practitioner that matters, not the modality.

#123115 - 11/27/16 11:21 PM Re: Thermolysis on Coarse Hairs - Bad? [Re: AnxiousBee]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
She obviously knows little or nothing about needles and probes.

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

#123116 - 11/27/16 11:49 PM Re: Thermolysis on Coarse Hairs - Bad? [Re: AnxiousBee]
AnxiousBee Offline
Contributor

Thank you both for your opinions. There is just so much conflicting information out there concerning electrolysis, that it's difficult for me to know who or what to believe. The electrologist from that website above seems very assured of her views, and also seems very experienced and educated.

Laurier, can you please expand on the effect of needles and probes on giving good treatment results?

Edited by AnxiousBee (11/28/16 12:33 AM)

#123117 - 11/28/16 12:46 AM Re: Thermolysis on Coarse Hairs - Bad? [Re: AnxiousBee]
TheFlyingProbe Online
Major Contributor

These are issues the electrologist works out for you. When you go to the dentist do you ask what company made the equipment and the RPM of the drill? If you micro-manage your electrologist and treatments on such terms, most electrologists would show you the door, I know I would. It's the biggest headache in the business. Do your research and get a referral from a dermatologist. They can guide you to a skilled practitioner.

Edited by TheFlyingProbe (11/28/16 12:48 AM)

#123118 - 11/28/16 01:09 AM Re: Thermolysis on Coarse Hairs - Bad? [Re: AnxiousBee]
Laurier Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Upstate New York
FlyingProbe is spot on Bee. I could talk all night about diameters, tip lengths ect. but it would be no help to you. Trust your operator.

www.laurierinstruments.com

"The perfect violin is worthless unless in the hands of one who can play it well"

#123119 - 11/28/16 02:01 AM Re: Thermolysis on Coarse Hairs - Bad? [Re: AnxiousBee]
AnxiousBee Offline
Contributor

I didn't intend to recommend probes or needles that my electrolysis should or could be using, I was just curious about what Laurier meant in terms of the electrologist on that website not knowing about probes and how that makes her wrong.

#123120 - 11/28/16 08:48 AM Re: Thermolysis on Coarse Hairs - Bad? [Re: AnxiousBee]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

hairzapper ( Susan Laird) has been largely discredited.There is nothing wrong with thermolysis. It's being used in this case in the same way that negative politics is in an election. In other words, pretty much everything in that site is bunk.Susan has a long history of bashing thermolysis in an effort to promote galavic, her modality of choice. You can safely ignore whatever drivel she is promoting this year.

Seana

Edited by Iluv2zap (11/28/16 10:56 AM)
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#123121 - 11/28/16 04:49 PM Re: Thermolysis on Coarse Hairs - Bad? [Re: AnxiousBee]
AnxiousBee Offline
Contributor

Seana,

Thank you for that information! But would you, or others on here, not agree that for some coarser hairs, galvanic or blend mode is better? Is it possible that some coarse hairs could possibly be resistant to thermolysis and take a few zaps before it finally dies? It just seems like "blend" would be best and more effective to me, regardless of the electrologist because chances of killing the hair with this mode are higher?

Edited by AnxiousBee (11/28/16 04:53 PM)

#123122 - 11/28/16 05:13 PM Re: Thermolysis on Coarse Hairs - Bad? [Re: AnxiousBee]
beate_r Online

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
No. Thermolysis is suitable to each and every hair. Definitely. And if done right with no risk for the skin.

BTW: blend as described by Hinkel is just Thermolysis with some kind of aftershot/addon by the galvanic component. Have a look into an arbitrary text book on electrolysis and learn how the parameters of blend are determined. Then You will (hopefully) understand.

Thermolysis even has the advantage that You can shorten (reduce) the signal and epilate at two different depths. That will help You to keep the region narrower than it is possible with blend. Like always: You must know and understand what You're doing.

And if You have a client on You table who is getting serious cramps from the galvanic component of blend You'll be glad that alls this is true.

Something else: i wear scars from blend in my face. And that were signals with a large galvanic component and only a small RF component which lead to destruction patterns that were too wide for my skin.

Edited by beate_r (11/28/16 05:19 PM)

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Apilus Xcell for SALE Mint condition!
by James W. Walker VII
12:20 PM
Lasting results
by Iluv2zap
11:44 AM
Recommended machine to buy in 2017?
by TheFlyingProbe
09:11 AM
Afraid of Laser Hair Stimulation
by purple potato
07:26 AM
is thermolysis safe on asian skin?
by geri
11/15/17 11:43 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9606
James W. Walker VII 8047
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3167
Who's Online
2 registered (LRN, Chicaaa), 103 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod