Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#123168 - 12/12/16 03:10 PM Irvine/Orange Country electrolysis/ Nami's Skin
PalePinkSkinDark Offline

Hi all.

I'm really glad I found this forum, the information here is priceless! I will be moving to Irvine in a couple of months and I would like to know good electrologists there. I found this one - http://www.namiskincare.com/permanent-h-r.html

The site looks good, they use Apilus PLATINUM, I even talked with someone from there on the phone and they sound nice. It will also be close to where I will be living. I see the reviews are good, but has anyone had electrolysis there? And are there any other good places in Irvine that might be cheaper?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
#123169 - 12/12/16 06:21 PM Re: Irvine/Orange Country electrolysis/ Nami's Skin [Re: PalePinkSkinDark]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
All good reasons to give them a whirl!

Hopefully, someone can give them a thumbs, if not here then maybe you could ask them for references of clients that are finished.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#123178 - 12/13/16 03:02 PM Re: Irvine/Orange Country electrolysis/ Nami's Skin [Re: PalePinkSkinDark]
Brenton Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Loc: SoCal
Nami was one of the places I had looked at when looking for electrolysis in SoCal. I didn't end up going with her, but I certainly believe that she would've done a good job.

Another one I can strongly recommend is Johanne (https://www.yelp.com/biz/johanne-fortier-santa-ana-2). She used to be an electrolysis teacher. Not sure if she still teaches anymore, but she still does fantastic work.

#123530 - 02/22/17 05:57 PM Re: Irvine/Orange Country electrolysis/ Nami's Skin [Re: PalePinkSkinDark]
SoCalPurr Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: SoCal (Eastvale, CA)
I also recommend Johanne Fortier (her daughter Joanie Fortier also works with her). The office is in Santa Ana and I believe they are planning on opening an additional location too.

She does still teach too.

#124214 - 06/21/17 05:34 PM Re: Irvine/Orange Country electrolysis/ Nami's Skin [Re: SoCalPurr]
PalePinkSkinDark Offline

Hello!
I would like to update. I've been going to Nami's for about 3 months (after I had a laser session) and so far I'm really happy with the results. My electrologist is Kyoko and she's pretty good. I never feel the insertions and I don't feel a plucking sensation either (unlike at the previous place I went to). She's also really friendly and I enjoy chatting with her. I read that some clients and professionals don't like talking during sessions but I enjoy it. She's also pretty fast in my subjective opinion. I will update again after several months.

Edited by PalePinkSkinDark (06/21/17 05:36 PM)

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Need how-to on Clean&Easy/OneTouch Foot-switch mod
by CoarseBrows
1 minute 56 seconds ago
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by AlineBetancourt
Yesterday at 06:00 PM
In need of some feedback
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 02:29 PM
Laser Hair Removal on Happy Trail
by ozzy
Yesterday at 10:08 AM
Ripped Off?
by Iluv2zap
06/26/17 12:22 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9507
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
1 registered (CoarseBrows), 113 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod