Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#123148 - 12/02/16 10:49 AM Re: Apilus Platinum Issue? [Re: Iluv2zap]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Okay, thanks Seana for answering my questions. Gosh, I use Pro-Tec probes at times BL's for deep hairs, and I always felt that there was not enough power, but the hairs released nicely. I use Laurier IBP's, too and I definitely need to adjust the power down for that excellent brand.

Thanks James for your input. I'm surprised that you haven't had a lot of problems with all the transporting you do with your Platinum. You are always driving somewhere.

ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Thread Sponsors
#123229 - 12/22/16 12:10 AM Re: Apilus Platinum Issue? [Re: Iluv2zap]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

An update to this is certainly necessary.

On saturday the Platinum Pure arrived back in our office. I worked with it a bit on saturday , and all day sunday and monday.
It's working wonderfully. Spot on.

I spoke to Darius on the phone, and they threw everything they had at this epilator to make sure it was right 100%
They performed a thorough burn-in test and the epilator performed perfectly in every respect except one, the output power intensity was significantly underneath specification.I did ask for a figure, and was given one, but I do believe Darius was being a tad conservative.Regardless it was enough, that smooth operation wasnt possible with this epilator.
They replaced all of the peripheral parts: pedal ( #4? ) probeholders, power cords, some internal wires also were replaced ( I think to the connectors) , they updated the softwware to the latest version, and they recalibrated the machine with respect to output power.They then had the instructors at the Quebec City school work with the machine to make certain it was right.It was.

I took Darius to task over the post fromthe president. I've also spoken to Andrea, and confirmed that she deleted the post at Dectro's request.I therefore havent read it , but have had a few details relayed to me.Darius tells me the comments were out of character for Mr Beaumont Clement.

What was most important to me, as the person who recommended this machine to my employer, was that she had a 100% working to perfection epilator when she returns from maternity leave. The team at Dectro including Eric, Louise director the acadamie Dectro montreal, Darius, and the quebec city technician did not rest until that epilator was spot on.

To Louise , some very specific comments. First, I did not lack confidence to speak to you, and i f you think back I think you will remember me mentioning we had had problems. There were 2 things getting in the way of this message however, first we both had limited time and you had to catch a flight, and second, I dont think that you understand everything said to you in english language. If I'm going to say theres one area Dectro could improve greatly, it's having someone good with the english language on your team.There's been a lot of miscommunicatons because of language through this lengthly process.
To Clement Marchand:

We bought a trade-in epilator from you under warranty with the promise at the time that Dectro would repair any failing. Whether an epilator is new or used, should not make a difference. The machine came out to be underpowered on it's output. There is no attack on Dectro, there definitely was criticism of this machine, which did, in the end have deficiencies. Over the years here at hairtell the professionals have helped each other out on dozens of occasions trouble shooting equipment by all manufacturers, Dectro, Silouette Tone, Clareblends, Every make on the market.

Your team, including Darius, did everything in their power to make this epilator right. They deserve due credit for that achievement. I will say I am less pleased about some of your reported ( deleted ) comments, but I delivered on monday of this week exactly what I promised them before your post, that is, if they delivered me a properly working machine that met expectations, I would deliver a bank deposit for a brand new Xcell pro with accessories additional for our practise.The team knocked it out of the park.

To Darius and Louise,
You've both mentioned that you dont often come to this site, however I'm going to suggest that is a error in judgement. There are several times over the last few years people have come right here for problems with their platinums. There are some of the finest minds in Electrology right here at hairtell and they regularly use this site to troubleshoot varius mechanical failings..I know that several here are eager to engage Dectro over what appears to be very Anogen only teachings. There has been considerable evidence presented in the last few years which directly contradict anogen only theory.As company Dectro could do much worse than occasionally paying attention to this space. I'm one of a team of electrologists who have helped build this site up to what it is, many with decades of experience and some of whom regularly produce teaching materials in print and on youtube.

Well, someone here has just inadvertently reminded me that I've spent 2 days writing this post again, so I am going to finally hit submit.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#123237 - 12/23/16 02:04 AM Re: Apilus Platinum Issue? [Re: Iluv2zap]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Okay. Good to know that your problem has been resolved. Dario is truly a little darling. He helped me troubleshoot my iPad back in 2011 when attended the symposium that year. Dario is a certified genius.

Professional discussions have shifted to Facebook now because it is a closed site. Dectro and other manufacturers hopefully are tuned in to EI and HairShoot, especially. So, I don't think Hairtell is where they want to be right now? What do you think, Seana?
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

#123238 - 12/23/16 09:24 AM Re: Apilus Platinum Issue? [Re: Iluv2zap]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I'm going to respectfully disagree with this opinion Dee.While I see the attraction to manufacturers, I have never been a fan of the "closed group" idea. For one, such areas are blocked to those that sometimes need such advice or discussions most, those starting out.While I understand the attraction on the part of manufactures , it does come at a cost. Not having taken part in such groups for several years after I was discussing here, I'm keenly aware of this. At this time, there are at LEAST 5-6 junior electrologists that I have personally invited here, lurking and reading. I dont think any of them are on EI? I'm not saying EI is not useful, it is, but it is NOT a catch all.

Darius did a fine job organizing and giving a "face" to Dectro. In the end however, a machine that worked with no issues was the item delivered that turned it around. It was the one thing I made certain was the focus.

Edited by Iluv2zap (12/23/16 09:49 AM)
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#123240 - 12/23/16 12:00 PM Re: Apilus Platinum Issue? [Re: Iluv2zap]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Well, consider this, Seana: On Hairshoot and Electrology International, those closed groups are open to students and new electrologists especially, who are just starting out. They just have to have proof that they are enrolled students and electrologists to get added to the group. The closed group offers professionals the freedom to discuss in detail the electrolysis process or to just let frustrations all out about NO SHOWS, late arrivals and difficult cases. A public forum like this inhibits that exchange, in my opinion. When a neophyte electrologist comes aboard and asks a question, she or he is surrounded, most of the time, by dozens of peers trying to help by unselfishly offering advice that one can't find in any textbook or DVD. This real time help is fabulous because it isn't outdated and people can't get away with spouting voodoo electrolysis myths or the group will descend on them like an eagle catching a mouse.

The only problem is, with the closed facebook sites, there is no search feature, like there is here, to find something of interest from months or years ago.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
After first clearance?
by Roselake21
Today at 05:55 AM
Advice for customers.
by Roselake21
Today at 05:32 AM
Share feelings here (not questions)
by LisaRay
Today at 01:45 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
Yesterday at 10:51 AM
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
12/10/17 05:17 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3184
Who's Online
0 registered (), 88 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod