Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#123575 - 03/06/17 01:39 PM Re: Facial electrolysis experience + questions [Re: dimi]
Mags77 Offline

Loc: Munster, Ireland
Regarding the issue with working in a public environment and slow healing/swelling I would reccomend you you pick a day close to weekend that way you have a couple of days to recover. I always reccomend applying ice to area in a sealed container(zippy bag/sandwich bag) to hold the ice. if you can apply immediately on your way home it seems to reduce swelling and cools the area quickly so that healing can begin.
Is it possible you might have a nickle allergy ? (to the needles)??

Thread Sponsors
#123608 - 03/14/17 08:43 PM Re: Facial electrolysis experience + questions [Re: Iluv2zap]
ABetterDay Offline

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
If you had been plucking beforehand, she may have recommended weekly treatments as a way to get to the hair, before you grab the tweezers. This is a common strategy but it works well with dysphoria too. Some people get really uncomfortable about ANY amount of hair on their face and to them, going two weeks without a treatment would be an eternity. It doesnt sound like you particularly mind a hair or two for a few days and if that's the case a biweekly strategy would work fine.I would urge you however to listen to what your electrologist advises she really does have your best treatment interests at heart.

Seana

I didn't pluck, like I said in the first post, because my hair is dense and thick. To give you an idea, I have my 5th appointment/hour in two days, and my sides will hopefully finally be cleared. The only area I've plucked were my cheeks which have ~7-10 thicker hairs showing at any given time but I haven't done so in years. Oddly enough that is the only area from my first treatment that now has hairs showing on it again, so it is a good point you make.

I'm not comfortable posting pictures for a couple of reasons. One, privacy. Two, because the electrologist is well-known and when you search her name or her office, this forum comes up on the first page. I don't want her to see this and take it the wrong way because she can be defensive when I tell her about my issues as if I am blaming her, which I am not. I would not mind sending pictures privately, however. Right now I am not swollen and the last appointment went well since it was covering the area closer to my ears so the swelling that appeared was not noticeable with my hair down. It was with another electrologist in her office though, who I noticed uses a different machine (Apilus). The swelling is the same but the pain during treatment is much less than the first two treatments which were done with an older, wood panel machine I don't recall the name of. She also does cataphoresis for the swelling and sting, which is soothing but I don't know if it helps much with swelling.

The swelling in the photo was as a result of a car crash, but yes, I think I did look like I'd been beaten up the first couple of times. It is true that I do not mind a few hairs or even a little swelling but this is not a little.

#123609 - 03/14/17 08:54 PM Re: Facial electrolysis experience + questions [Re: Mags77]
ABetterDay Offline

Originally Posted By dimi
I agree with Iluv2zap.
Make a close up picture without flash right after treatment and a picture after 24 hours. If you do that you will receive adequate opinions from many electrologist from this site.

Thank you. After my next treatment in a couple of days I will take pictures and send to anyone interested.

Originally Posted By Mags77
Regarding the issue with working in a public environment and slow healing/swelling I would reccomend you you pick a day close to weekend that way you have a couple of days to recover. I always reccomend applying ice to area in a sealed container(zippy bag/sandwich bag) to hold the ice. if you can apply immediately on your way home it seems to reduce swelling and cools the area quickly so that healing can begin.
Is it possible you might have a nickle allergy ? (to the needles)??

Thanks, yes, I'm now doing the treatments on Thursdays. I work on weekends as well though and I usually have one day off during the week.

I'm given ice packs in a ziplock bag after every treatment but I don't know if it helps.

A nickel allergy? Interesting idea! I was very allergic to nickel when I was younger. I haven't thought about it in a long time because my mother had me wearing gold jewelry only since grade school. I'm going to ask my electrologist about it.

#123630 - 03/16/17 02:55 PM Re: Facial electrolysis experience + questions [Re: ABetterDay]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

There are gold probes available if you have a nickel allergy. One concern is they are better for blend than they are for high intensity thermolysis ( such as synchro on a apilus) .They are not an insulated probe but they are hypoallergenic.I've never heard of "insulated" gold probes though I suppose such could exist. I like the ballet ones very much.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Desperate for advice
by dfahey
Today at 08:15 PM
Good Electrologyst But Talks Too Much
by dfahey
Today at 08:12 PM
Electrolysis or not?
by dfahey
Today at 08:00 PM
Is this leg hair a good option for laser?
by dfahey
Yesterday at 11:40 AM
Free Electrolysis Hair Removal in Upwey VIC Aussie
by melb_aussie
04/21/17 10:43 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9448
James W. Walker VII 8024
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3063
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod