consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#123722 - 04/05/17 04:02 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Iluv2zap]
Ton Offline

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap

Lidocaine or EMLA work best the longer they are left applied, up to 2 hours beforehand to come to full effect.
Note that there has been one recorded death from misuse of EMLA with someone who covered way too large an area and had an adverse reaction to EMLA and died on the way to their laser treatment. To prevent this you should not cover an area larger than an a4 sized piece of paper.

Seana

I could be wrong, because it has been overy ten years since I last got electrolysis, but I was told 1 hour, not 2 hours.

Also, an A4-sized piece of paper?! Wow! That's a lot. Would this only be safe if you used a light spray, but not a cream? This is good news for me, because I want my thigh done. I vaguely remember the instructions telling me not to cover more than about 2-inches by 2-inches. Can you give me a source where you read it is safe to cover an A4-sized area?

Thread Sponsors
#123760 - 04/10/17 12:08 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Backroads Offline
Contributor

Loc: Kentucky
Hey, I think you may be overly worried about the pain issue. I have had lots of electrolysis over the past four years, including a full brazilian. I take a couple of Naproxins before the appointment and that seems to help.

I did use a spray lidocaine a couple of times when I was getting lasered early in this process but I'm not sure how much it mattered. Laser is much more painful than electrolysis in my opinion.

My advice would be to set up an electrolysis appointment for an introductory treatment and have your electrolysist take out a few hairs without going through all the lidocaine process. I have found that after the first few zaps that I get used to it and it's more of a slight discomfort than real pain.

#123768 - 04/10/17 09:29 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Backroads]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By Backroads
Hey, I think you may be overly worried about the pain issue. I have had lots of electrolysis over the past four years, including a full brazilian. I take a couple of Naproxins before the appointment and that seems to help.

I did use a spray lidocaine a couple of times when I was getting lasered early in this process but I'm not sure how much it mattered. Laser is much more painful than electrolysis in my opinion.

My advice would be to set up an electrolysis appointment for an introductory treatment and have your electrolysist take out a few hairs without going through all the lidocaine process. I have found that after the first few zaps that I get used to it and it's more of a slight discomfort than real pain.

I will do that, but I'd still like to have something as a backup.

#123769 - 04/10/17 09:31 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: fenix]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By fenix
There is EMLA 5% which has to be prescribed by a doctor and is covered by insurance. There is also LMX 5% which is non prescription over the counter. I buy it from Amazon. LMX 5 is very effective to make electrolysis on sensitive areas tolerable. Topical creams don't make the experience 100% pain free but they manage to reduce pain very good.

Would Aspercreme with 4% Lidocaine help? It's cheap and easily available.

#123770 - 04/10/17 09:35 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Alekosh]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By Alekosh
I have done electrolysis on my penis/testicles/anus without any problem, yes it was sometimes painful but bearable. The result is GREAT!

Did you have a male or female electrologist? If I decide to get it done it would be with a female and I'm worried about getting spontaneous erection or severe shrinkage. Actually, I'd be embarrassed if regardless of gender.

#123771 - 04/11/17 12:16 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

actually, this is a very legitimate concern.

The electrologist working onthis area cannot avoid touching moving, spreading the skin. Well it happens thatsome/many men DO get spontanious partial erections. In 2 male genital cases, Both have "leaked" on my glove at some point. It's really not very pleasant to havehappen and there isnt much we can do to prevent or about it. Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised to see one or both have taped a cotton round over the end but so far neither have.When this sort of thing happens you just have to act as professional as you can , clean the area, and continue treatment .

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#123772 - 04/11/17 12:23 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Sorry to Ton,
If i recall correctly the a4 sized area was that specified by the manufactures insert. The FDA used to require EMLA to carry a warning and that was part of the instructions. But it's been several years now and the incident was never repeated, so the FDA doesnt require them to carry the same warning on the insert anymore I dont think.

1 hour to get some effect, 2 hours to come to full effect. EMLA works a little more speedily because it used 2.5 % prilocaine a different formula from strait lidocaine.Also note that in a single electrolysis session you will probably only treat a 3 inch square area at most.There's little point to covering more than you are able to treat inthe alotted time.

Edited by Iluv2zap (04/11/17 12:25 AM)
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#123773 - 04/11/17 09:23 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Iluv2zap]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
actually, this is a very legitimate concern.

The electrologist working onthis area cannot avoid touching moving, spreading the skin. Well it happens thatsome/many men DO get spontanious partial erections. In 2 male genital cases, Both have "leaked" on my glove at some point. It's really not very pleasant to havehappen and there isnt much we can do to prevent or about it. Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised to see one or both have taped a cotton round over the end but so far neither have.When this sort of thing happens you just have to act as professional as you can , clean the area, and continue treatment .

Seana

Oh boy! Hearing that makes me very apprehensive. If I felt an unwanted erection about to happen should I say something or stay quiet?

#123775 - 04/12/17 09:47 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
ozzy Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: fl
If you start feeling an erection coming on just try to relax. Worrying about it makes it worse. The tech has seen an erect penis before, believe me.It will go away soon.

#123776 - 04/12/17 10:04 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
EmancipatedElect Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Rochester, NY
Officially, my policy is to temporarily stop if a client gets an erection or has a small leak. If it's a full on ejaculation, the session is over for the day.

More than 95% of my clients getting penile work done have had no issues at all. I had one older guy (60+), who was also my first male genital client, that maintained a 3 hour long erection and ejaculated 4 times during the appointment. In retrospect, given the duration of the erection, I think he took a blue pill before the appointment, and it creeped me out enough that I instituted the above policy.

Speaking of which, my office is the only one in my city that will work on men below the waist, precisely because of the fear of such issues for the other practitioners. Also, as far as I know, there are no male electrologists in my city at all, so both are issues that someone might run into in smaller cities.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Are AEA electrologists the only ones to pick?
by Soft Touch
Ripped Off?
by Soft Touch
12:36 AM
Lower Back Pain
by Megrb
12:10 AM
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by Skyisblue
02:58 PM
FOR SALE
by CMM
02:55 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9507
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod