consumer hair removal forum
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#123995 - 05/14/17 02:14 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

When you select vision aid always consider the working distance and how it applies to your situation. Since as DIY you work on yourself in genital area while sitting looking down, take a measurement of distance between your eyes and the hands touching the treatment area while your back is in comfortable position. That should be your ideal range. If vision aid has shorter working distance you will be forced to hunch over more to see a clear picture, but if working distance is longer than your working distance needs, you will not be able to see anything clear and the magnifiers will be useless. The second link looks like a good option if working distance works for your situation.

Thread Sponsors
#124002 - 05/15/17 03:41 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: fenix]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Just ordered it though a little confused why in the title it says 420mm but in the description it says working distance is 280-380mm. It's the same for every listing that says 3.5X 420mm. It it doesn't work I could always return it. But I hope not! In 2-3 weeks it should arrive.

For now I'll just use my eyesight and experiment with only the galvanic settings.

#124003 - 05/15/17 11:05 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I'm sorry I've been quite busy Greek so I didnt get to this until now, when its actually a bit too late as you already bought them. I have these exact Loupes ( and they are 420mm working distance) .

The working distance is problematic for me working on a client. For DIY ont he groin area , actually they should be pretty good. The problem I had was with calibrating them properly, and as soon asI put them in the box, all my calibration efforts were lost. They do have pretty good optics though though not as nice as more expensive loupes.
My issue has always been that I seem to lose some depth perception with them, making judging angle of insertion a little more difficult. At the time I didnt have the time to experiment to overcome this difficulty, so they sit ont he shelf until this day.

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#124004 - 05/15/17 11:48 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Iluv2zap]
Greek Offline
Contributor

That's alright Seana - I know you were busy with setting up as well as some recent things.

I think even if you were on time I would have still bought them - glad to know they do deliver at 420mm! Yes, I can imagine a 420mm working distance from a client is way too much. For the groin area for me it seems to be perfect (though I will see how it actually is in practice). I could use these for my groin, thighs, and perhaps even legs.

When I get them I will let you know how I find the depth perception - which should be interesting since I have a lazy eye.

Tonight I will try using an F4 instead of an F3 for my groin area and I will stick to Gal. Though on the Sterex SX-B I am still having trouble trying to figure out how much percentage of current to apply as the units are weird. The machine is a 240V one, which administers between 0-15mW depending on which Unit Percent you set it too. I emailed Sterex asking them how I could find the mA from this but they have been silent. If only we had a mathematical genius on this forum! Though for now I will increase the settings to what I can handle.

#124005 - 05/15/17 12:51 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
In the machine characteristics is written that the maximum current output is 1mA. That means 100% output is equal to 1 mA. If the convergence is linear than each 10% will be 0.1 mA or 1%-0.01mA.

#124006 - 05/15/17 01:11 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

Also try to use the biggest possible probe for given follicle. With the same settings you will feel less the current with ticker probe because the current is distributed on bigger surface. You can try the tolerance test with different probes.

#124007 - 05/15/17 01:30 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: dimi]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By dimi
In the machine characteristics is written that the maximum current output is 1mA. That means 100% output is equal to 1 mA. If the convergence is linear than each 10% will be 0.1 mA or 1%-0.01mA.

And here we have our genius who has solved the Sterex issue! I guess sometimes the most simple answer is always the overlooked one haha

And about the probe sizing - I have on hand F3 and F4. I just now tried the F4 but I wasn't having much success with my insertions. So I switched to an F3 - better but still not much success as compared to Friday. And then I think it's because right now I'm feeling a little down (some family drama) so it's affecting my ability. Plus, I think I need to trim a little to get better visibility.

#124008 - 05/15/17 01:51 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

To have success with bigger probes you will need very good magnification. I am using a surgical microscope and I can insert F4 in follicles with hair with diameter required F2. For easy insertion you can use smaller diameter probes but you will feel more the current flow.
The first mm of the hair from the follicle will show you the right direction for insertion.(Michael Bono)
http://texaselectrolysisstore.com/index....roducts_id=1350

#124009 - 05/15/17 02:02 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: dimi]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Thank you - I already have Michael's book :P I will give it another good read. And right now I am waiting for my loupes to come - though I didn't know this is what people meant by needing to train upwards in size of probe.

#124011 - 05/15/17 02:47 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Major Contributor

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Advice for customers.
by Michael Bono
0 seconds ago
Electrolysis on legs
by Roselake21
Today at 05:17 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Roselake21
Today at 05:16 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
Yesterday at 07:22 AM
Recommended machine to buy in 2017?
by SecretSid
12/08/17 08:07 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8049
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3181
Who's Online
0 registered (), 94 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod