consumer hair removal forum
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124012 - 05/15/17 04:02 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

dimi could you pass a phone number on to me? I often get people from Montreal looking for electrologists.

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Thread Sponsors
#124015 - 05/15/17 06:47 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
Hi Seana,

I will sent you a PM.
Thanks that you stay in HairTell.

dimi

#124016 - 05/15/17 07:13 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: dimi]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By dimi
If you read this book you will be halve electrologist :)https://www.amazon.ca/Electrolysis-Thermolysis-Blend-Principles-Permanent/dp/0960028412

If one has Bono's books, what will they learn from Hinkel's book? As I understand, Bono's books are more up to date.

#124028 - 05/16/17 09:47 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: fenix]
dimi Offline
Contributor

The Hinkel's book is classic and I think every electrologist should read it.Yes, the Bono"s books are the best.Thanks Michael.

#124036 - 05/17/17 02:11 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Just went for round 2 today using 8/20/35 (Sterex SX-B) for my settings and managed to get (mostly) smooth releases in one to two insertions. Occasionally 3. Removed 27 hairs in an hour and half.

Sometimes I would zap once or twice and try to pull the hair out but it comes out like a soft pluck/pop - I honestly cannot tell but perhaps more towards a soft pluck. Does this mean I've just weakened the follicle and not effectively killed it? Or could the hair/bulb just be stubborn?

#124038 - 05/17/17 08:38 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

If you feel some resistance but no pain associated with plucking then it's fine. You won't ALWAYS get butter smooth releases. Sometimes the hairs struggle to come out because the root sheaths are large and follicle opening is narrow. Under right magnification, you can even notice root sheaths shearing off the hair and bits of white jello like gunk gets stock in the follicle opening. Hairs that are in late growth or resting phase tend to be anchored harder and they struggle to release even if you zap them several times.
Just keep working and experiment between timing and energy levels to see what gives you smoother releases without causing too much tissue trauma. You want to avoid the instant-white blanching of the skin, that's a sign of over treatment, ( not to be confused with bubbling white froth that comes out follicle from lye production.

#124040 - 05/17/17 10:27 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: fenix]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By fenix
If you feel some resistance but no pain associated with plucking then it's fine. ..... You want to avoid the instant-white blanching of the skin, that's a sign of over treatment, ( not to be confused with bubbling white froth that comes out follicle from lye production.

Resistance but no pain associated is a good sentence to remember.

And yes, I do know what you're talking about. Sometimes I'd treat, and then my skin turns white in the shape of the needle - a white line. I'd think this is partly due to wrong insertion as well as sometimes I'd stick it back into the follicle and this doesn't occur.

The first time I treated my penile shaft I was so eager to remove the hairs since this was something embarrassing I've had to deal with for much of my adult life - I over treated which left lots of scabbing that when healed and fell off left pink skin underneath. I'm just hoping that this doesn't leave permanent and obvious scars as I read from Michael in the forum that this type of skin doesn't scar as it's the epidermis that scars. So - i've learnt that one should never rush!

#124043 - 05/18/17 09:44 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

One small detail.The early anagen hair is not strongly anchored yet and we can have smooth release even under-treated.

#124070 - 05/23/17 02:22 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Update: Today I received my magnifying headband/loupe and the working distance is great to work on my pubic region.

Today I used the same settings (8/10/35) to treat the hairs. This time I had to zap the hairs 3/4 times instead of 1-2 the previous time. Increasing the settings and lowering the seconds seem like it'd still be painful.

Today I managed to remove 54 hairs - though I'm giving myself an error of 5-10. So I think I effectively removed about 44-49 because sometimes I'd zap a hair (3-4 times) and then tug lightly on it using the tweezers and the first 3 tugs it doesn't come out but on the 4th it does despite not tugging any stronger. So I can't tell if it's the constant tugging and desensitization or just the follicle has weakened and finally let go.

And sometimes I'll pull a hair out and the sheath is there but not the bulb. Though when I don't see the sheath I know it wasn't killed properly.

Edited by Greek (05/23/17 03:29 PM)

#124072 - 05/23/17 06:48 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

When you don't see the bulb it either means the hair is in resting phase or the bulb got ripped off during the removal process.
Sometimes the Lye takes longer time to cook the hairs so on first few tugs the hair is still anchored and on last tug it releases. Add more time to the treatment if raising energy is causing uncomfortable pain.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Are AEA electrologists the only ones to pick?
by Soft Touch
Ripped Off?
by Soft Touch
12:36 AM
Lower Back Pain
by Megrb
12:10 AM
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by Skyisblue
02:58 PM
FOR SALE
by CMM
02:55 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9507
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod