consumer hair removal forum
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124073 - 05/23/17 11:03 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Made an error: my same settings were 8/20/35.

Thank you Fenix smile I'll add more treatment time. It's now starting to look good - I just need to perfect my insertions to get smooth releases in 1-2 zaps!

Thread Sponsors
#124075 - 05/26/17 11:55 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Today I'm getting quite a lot of smooth releases but no sheath or bulb - is this normal? Or just early anagen phase?

#124076 - 05/26/17 01:19 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
What is the end of the hair looks like? Be more precise or post a picture.

#124077 - 05/26/17 02:41 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Ok, so the first 7 hairs I pulled out (all on the top row) came out with no bulb or sheath. There is one thick hair on the top (no. 9 from left) which I'm not sure if it was an effective kill because it came out feeling like a pluck but there was the root sheath and bulb. The rest on the top came out smoothly but no bulb or sheath - which I find odd because it's only happening today and not the previous times I worked. Then again, I have just been put on serious medication 3 days ago (for 30 days) so don't know if this is an effect?

The bottom row was pretty much all successful. Just a few came out with thin white endings and no bulb - like the 6th from the right.

Note: the photo is gross and messy :P

Edited by Greek (05/26/17 02:41 PM)

#124083 - 05/26/17 11:12 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

I see about 60% of the hairs have black bulbs. That means these hairs are in some stages of anagen phase. I can not see clearly that the white root sheaths are there. Other 40% looks like telogen or cut or broken.
If you use the same setting for different size hairs you will make over treatment for smaller hair, under treatment for bigger hair and right treatment for the right size hair.(assuming your insertion is correct).
So to be sure that the hair is killed you must use 2 hand progressive method described in Michael Bono books(you have them) . In this case you have to use manual blend machine with 2 separate pedals for TH and DC. Plus you have to use one piece tapered probe-non insulated.
In your case you have computerized machine with one pedal and I assume you use insulated 2 pieces probes.
1. You still must use 2 hand progressive method to epilate the hair.
2.Decrease the TH(maybe around 5%). The higher levels of TH will dry the follicle and in this case - no water no lye.
3.Make tolerance test to define the DC current.
4. Increase the time( maybe 30-40-50 sec). In this case you will
have time to test the hair and to find when it will slide out freely.Follow the procedure described by Michael.If after some time the hair do not start loosing, your insertion is way out.Reinsert.
5.You have to treat all the area from the bulb up to the "anchor"(Michael). Because you use insulated probe the lye is forming only on non-insulated part of the probe.In this case you will treat only the lower part of the follicle( again assuming right insertion). The upper part is not treated and you will remove the hair with bulb but without sheath and you will feel plucking.To overcome this problem I suggest you to move the probe in the follicle up and down a little(1-2 mm max) and be sure that the insulated part of the probe is under the skin surface all the time.If you can choose the right size insulated probe for blend, you do not need to move the probe because the non-insulated part of the probe will cover all the area which needs to be treated.

The most important things are:
-Practice insertions.You have to "see under the skin with your 2 fingers which hold the probe-holder"
-Practice the "2 hand progressive method". Initially is very difficult ( at least it was for me) but it is worth it.

#124084 - 05/27/17 12:12 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Thank You for this dimi

The reason why you can't see the sheath perhaps is because they're dried out as this took me 2 hours to do - and also perhaps because they're on white tissue and so blend in colour.

And yes, I've been using the same settings for most of the hairs - though I have learnt to decrease the setting with finer hairs due to pain caused by the average setting in finer hair areas. But I will now be more frequent with how often I alter the settings.

For me working in this area I find it so hard to do the two handed method because I have to turn the shaft in order to work on the side, and then I need to stretch the skin. And even if I don't need to turn the shaft - I still find it so difficult to do two handed because of the amount of stretching I need to do in this area. This would require I do a reverse insertion - which I will give another shot.

Points 2, 3, and 4 I'll try altering again slightly - though I have been lucky to get lye in most cases I worked.

I've been using a non-insulated F3 two-piece needle. I have an F4 but the insertions are a little hard. I'll try again the next time I work :P Should I still move the needle up and down with an non-insulated probe?

How long did it take you to learn the 2 handed method for DIY? Especially for working in the pubic region? For me it's still very hard! I'll have to learn it because this helps with determining settings.

Fenix - when you work on your penile shaft are you doing the two handed method? How are you doing this with the amount of skin stretching and maneuvering needed?

#124086 - 05/27/17 03:01 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Greek]
dimi Offline
Contributor

If you feel smooth release and hair in anagen come up with bulb and sheath than you make a great work. smile

The 2 hand progressive method is the recommended for blend but I forgot that you are DIY ,so you are right, using it will be extremely difficult in that area.
You can continue working using your best method to make the best possible insertions.You can play with the time-fine hair less time, thicker hair more time ones you establish the DC current. Also you can use the "treat and wait" method. Treat one group of few hairs than treat second group of few hairs,than remove the first group of hairs and so on. The Lye in the follicle will have more time to work. If some of the hairs do not release smoothly you can remove the hair than insert the probe in the empty follicle and make after-count for a few second.
The frothing lye coming from the follicle is perfect but this is not always the case and, if you wait to see it, you can over-treat the follicle or the insertion is not exact.

If the probe is non-insulated you do not need to move it up and down but the best is to use tapered, one piece probe.
In both case you have to be extremely careful not to damage the upper part of the skin.(because you do not use 2 hand you can not test the hair)

#124087 - 05/28/17 06:03 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

It's practically impossible to do two-handed technique when you work on your self, especially on scrotal area where stretching and awkward angles make insertions super hard.

Two handed technique won't add much value in overall outcome. I test several hairs in a given area to know how much time it takes to get smooth releases.

#124129 - 06/06/17 02:26 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

I began working on the right side of my penis today but stopped after 20 hairs only because it's quite late. But oddly the entire right underside of my penis has gone numb. This didn't happen with my left side. I'm sure it'll go away eventually and might have been a result of working around the base as this area I've found to be sensitive.

#124138 - 06/09/17 03:15 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Managed to find the time to do my right side properly. Epilated 40 hairs today! Settings were 8/30/35-45.

Still have quite a bit more to go before I start working on the underside. But after I'm done clearing the top and sides that's pretty much the most "visible' areas completed. The underside will take much longer since the hairs are denser and the skin is so stretchy - its the area where the base of the penis meets the beginning of the scrotum.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
prominent sebaceous glands: can hair removal help?
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 09:16 PM
Feeling tired after electrolysis sessions
by Iluv2zap
Yesterday at 09:10 AM
Journey of a young French lady
by adrien_sanchiz
10/18/17 07:34 AM
should i continue laser hair removal?
by skydivingjess
10/17/17 11:12 PM
Electrolysis and Hydroquinone
by Arlene R. Batz, CPE
10/15/17 06:16 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9586
James W. Walker VII 8041
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3160
Who's Online
0 registered (), 86 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod