consumer hair removal forum
Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124164 - 06/13/17 01:08 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

I have a question regarding epilation: There are really thin hairs at the top of my penis near the "head" (non on it but just below) and when I zap and pull them out there is no sheath and 90% of the time no bulb. I've seen that bulbs will come from the hairs with a deeper root. But the hairs where you only need to insert a little come out with no root or bulb and sometimes it's a pluck but without the pain (almost like a snap). If you tried to tweeze it out it wouldn't budge, but then after a couple zaps it wont glide out but it'll "snap' out.

Did I just burn the root/hair and thus not treat it accurately? Or is this common characters of thin hairs in this area?

Thread Sponsors
#124419 - 08/01/17 06:54 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Iluv2zap]
Ton Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
Also note that in a single electrolysis session you will probably only treat a 3 inch square area at most.

How many square inches would a lidocaine INJECTION cover? Or multiple injections before a human would suffer permanent neurological damage, or go into a coma, or die, or have a seizure or whatever? I don't mind getting stabbed with the hypodermic needle more than once in a session. I know of an electrology office that offers Registered Nurses who inject lidocaine, so I may shell out the extra $$$ for that. I've tried topicals but they seem to only numb the epidermis of myself. I asked a pharmacist and pharmacy technician today, and they agreed that it only numbs the top. Also, I read someone say on this forum that their doctor said that EMLA only numbs the top. Then again, I've never applied it more than 1.5 hours before, so maybe I just haven't let it sit on my skin long enough? Years ago, I didn't feel any Blend on my navel when I used EMLA there, but maybe the navel is a less sensitive area? Or maybe my electrologist at the time was using a very low energy setting?

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
My experience, theories and questions
by zapmyface
14 minutes 45 seconds ago
Laser or electrolysis for leg and butt? (pics)
by Georgina1234
29 minutes 44 seconds ago
Ingrowns Post Treatment, Dark Spots & Moving Forwa
by FTM042014
Today at 06:15 PM
texaselectrolysissto
re.com

by Kellie
Today at 05:50 PM
Probeholder caps?
by Julie Jacob
Today at 04:01 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9644
James W. Walker VII 8054
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3237
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 126 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod