consumer hair removal forum
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#123682 - 03/27/17 09:49 PM electrolysis on penis
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Is electrolysis on the penis completely safe? If not, what are some of the potential complications?

Thread Sponsors
#123687 - 03/28/17 08:44 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
h56ty Offline
Major Contributor

Laser would probably be better depending on your skin tone. Ive had laser in that area. Electrolysis should be safe if done by a properly qualified person.

#123691 - 03/28/17 10:46 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
ozzy Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: fl
joben, i've lots of electrolysis on my penis and have never had any problems!

#123697 - 03/28/17 07:21 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Electrolysis on shaft and scrotum is absolutely safe. I have been having treatments for a year now. Some temporary side effects especially during first few treatments will be soreness, some bruising, sometimes hard lumpy swelling but rare. I would recommend blend electrolysis over thermolysis but thermolysis with experienced tech will work good as well. It's a painful area so lidocaine cream is a must.

Laser treatment results on shaft and scrotal area is questionable. I would think it's a high risk gamble for failure. Stick to electrolysis.

#123698 - 03/28/17 09:37 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I thought laser would not be good because the hair is not dense. Assumed electrolysis would be better for sparse hair. Just scared because of the area. What are some good numbing creams?

#123700 - 03/29/17 12:24 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

There is EMLA 5% which has to be prescribed by a doctor and is covered by insurance. There is also LMX 5% which is non prescription over the counter. I buy it from Amazon. LMX 5 is very effective to make electrolysis on sensitive areas tolerable. Topical creams don't make the experience 100% pain free but they manage to reduce pain very good.

#123704 - 03/29/17 12:49 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I find pain is individual. I have had male clients who had zero issues with pain in the groin region even the penis shaft. As fenix suggests if pain is of an issue EMLA ( which is usually 2.5 % lidocaine and 2.5 % prilocaine) or any shelf brand of 5 % lidocaine applied to the area can help.

Some tips on useage of topical lidocaine:
Genital regions on females can ave lots of mucas membranes that can absorb the product very quickly.
You should use plastic wrap ( occlusion) to prevent the product from rubbing off when you sit or on clothing.I recommend using GLAD brand "Press N Seal" as it can be cut to shape and sealed to the skin around the edges. Especially over complicated to cover genital areas this can be super useful.
Lidocaine or EMLA work best the longer they are left applied, up to 2 hours beforehand to come to full effect.
Note that there has been one recorded death from misuse of EMLA with someone who covered way too large an area and had an adverse reaction to EMLA and died on the way to their laser treatment. To prevent this you should not cover an area larger than an a4 sized piece of paper. Also it's inadviseable to drive to your treatment, and if you have not used lidocaine before you should have someone you trust with you in case of adverse reaction so they can summon medical assistance if needed.

Neither EMLA not 5% lidocaine can eliminate all discomfort, but it can elp considerably.Look into other pain relief tips as well.

Seana
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

#123706 - 03/29/17 09:52 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Iluv2zap]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

I cannot imagine getting electrolysis on genitals without numbing first. I will try some LMX5 from Amazon since EMLA is Rx only. Thank you for Glad tip.

#123707 - 03/30/17 10:51 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
ozzy Offline
Major Contributor

Its really not all that painfull. Ive electrolysis and laser on my genitals and butt. Whats really painfull is anywhere near your nose. I will never do that again.

#123713 - 04/02/17 05:51 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Alekosh Offline

I have done electrolysis on my penis/testicles/anus without any problem, yes it was sometimes painful but bearable. The result is GREAT!

#123722 - 04/05/17 04:02 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Iluv2zap]
Ton Offline

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap

Lidocaine or EMLA work best the longer they are left applied, up to 2 hours beforehand to come to full effect.
Note that there has been one recorded death from misuse of EMLA with someone who covered way too large an area and had an adverse reaction to EMLA and died on the way to their laser treatment. To prevent this you should not cover an area larger than an a4 sized piece of paper.

Seana

I could be wrong, because it has been overy ten years since I last got electrolysis, but I was told 1 hour, not 2 hours.

Also, an A4-sized piece of paper?! Wow! That's a lot. Would this only be safe if you used a light spray, but not a cream? This is good news for me, because I want my thigh done. I vaguely remember the instructions telling me not to cover more than about 2-inches by 2-inches. Can you give me a source where you read it is safe to cover an A4-sized area?

#123760 - 04/10/17 12:08 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Backroads Offline
Contributor

Loc: Kentucky
Hey, I think you may be overly worried about the pain issue. I have had lots of electrolysis over the past four years, including a full brazilian. I take a couple of Naproxins before the appointment and that seems to help.

I did use a spray lidocaine a couple of times when I was getting lasered early in this process but I'm not sure how much it mattered. Laser is much more painful than electrolysis in my opinion.

My advice would be to set up an electrolysis appointment for an introductory treatment and have your electrolysist take out a few hairs without going through all the lidocaine process. I have found that after the first few zaps that I get used to it and it's more of a slight discomfort than real pain.

#123768 - 04/10/17 09:29 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Backroads]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By Backroads
Hey, I think you may be overly worried about the pain issue. I have had lots of electrolysis over the past four years, including a full brazilian. I take a couple of Naproxins before the appointment and that seems to help.

I did use a spray lidocaine a couple of times when I was getting lasered early in this process but I'm not sure how much it mattered. Laser is much more painful than electrolysis in my opinion.

My advice would be to set up an electrolysis appointment for an introductory treatment and have your electrolysist take out a few hairs without going through all the lidocaine process. I have found that after the first few zaps that I get used to it and it's more of a slight discomfort than real pain.

I will do that, but I'd still like to have something as a backup.

#123769 - 04/10/17 09:31 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: fenix]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By fenix
There is EMLA 5% which has to be prescribed by a doctor and is covered by insurance. There is also LMX 5% which is non prescription over the counter. I buy it from Amazon. LMX 5 is very effective to make electrolysis on sensitive areas tolerable. Topical creams don't make the experience 100% pain free but they manage to reduce pain very good.

Would Aspercreme with 4% Lidocaine help? It's cheap and easily available.

#123770 - 04/10/17 09:35 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Alekosh]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By Alekosh
I have done electrolysis on my penis/testicles/anus without any problem, yes it was sometimes painful but bearable. The result is GREAT!

Did you have a male or female electrologist? If I decide to get it done it would be with a female and I'm worried about getting spontaneous erection or severe shrinkage. Actually, I'd be embarrassed if regardless of gender.

#123771 - 04/11/17 12:16 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

actually, this is a very legitimate concern.

The electrologist working onthis area cannot avoid touching moving, spreading the skin. Well it happens thatsome/many men DO get spontanious partial erections. In 2 male genital cases, Both have "leaked" on my glove at some point. It's really not very pleasant to havehappen and there isnt much we can do to prevent or about it. Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised to see one or both have taped a cotton round over the end but so far neither have.When this sort of thing happens you just have to act as professional as you can , clean the area, and continue treatment .

Seana

#123772 - 04/11/17 12:23 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Sorry to Ton,
If i recall correctly the a4 sized area was that specified by the manufactures insert. The FDA used to require EMLA to carry a warning and that was part of the instructions. But it's been several years now and the incident was never repeated, so the FDA doesnt require them to carry the same warning on the insert anymore I dont think.

1 hour to get some effect, 2 hours to come to full effect. EMLA works a little more speedily because it used 2.5 % prilocaine a different formula from strait lidocaine.Also note that in a single electrolysis session you will probably only treat a 3 inch square area at most.There's little point to covering more than you are able to treat inthe alotted time.

Edited by Iluv2zap (04/11/17 12:25 AM)

#123773 - 04/11/17 09:23 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Iluv2zap]
joben Offline
Major Contributor

Originally Posted By Iluv2zap
actually, this is a very legitimate concern.

The electrologist working onthis area cannot avoid touching moving, spreading the skin. Well it happens thatsome/many men DO get spontanious partial erections. In 2 male genital cases, Both have "leaked" on my glove at some point. It's really not very pleasant to havehappen and there isnt much we can do to prevent or about it. Honestly, I wouldnt be surprised to see one or both have taped a cotton round over the end but so far neither have.When this sort of thing happens you just have to act as professional as you can , clean the area, and continue treatment .

Seana

Oh boy! Hearing that makes me very apprehensive. If I felt an unwanted erection about to happen should I say something or stay quiet?

#123775 - 04/12/17 09:47 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
ozzy Offline
Major Contributor

If you start feeling an erection coming on just try to relax. Worrying about it makes it worse. The tech has seen an erect penis before, believe me.It will go away soon.

#123776 - 04/12/17 10:04 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
EmancipatedElect Offline
Major Contributor

Loc: Rochester, NY
Officially, my policy is to temporarily stop if a client gets an erection or has a small leak. If it's a full on ejaculation, the session is over for the day.

More than 95% of my clients getting penile work done have had no issues at all. I had one older guy (60+), who was also my first male genital client, that maintained a 3 hour long erection and ejaculated 4 times during the appointment. In retrospect, given the duration of the erection, I think he took a blue pill before the appointment, and it creeped me out enough that I instituted the above policy.

Speaking of which, my office is the only one in my city that will work on men below the waist, precisely because of the fear of such issues for the other practitioners. Also, as far as I know, there are no male electrologists in my city at all, so both are issues that someone might run into in smaller cities.

#123796 - 04/17/17 06:56 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Backroads Offline
Contributor

Loc: Kentucky
I would say that this is no different than being examined by a female nurse or doctor. If you are mindful that this is a professional situation and keep your mind on other things, there should be no issue.

My female electrologist has a wide range of hum-drum topics that keeps my mind off of both the discomfort and the overall situation. Over time, I've come relax a little around her. Although I have gotten slightly enlarged during a treatment on occasion, I have never actually gotten a full erection.

She never seems to notice but has said that she is not disturbed when a male client does get an erection -- but is not impressed if a client is obviously trying to get hard or ejaculates. She does have some stories she has shared with me. She has seen it all over the years so any partial erections I've ever gotten are no big deal by comparison.

If you don't worry about it, you should be fine.

#123893 - 05/06/17 05:28 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Alekosh Offline

I had a few electrologysts, all of them were femals. Very professional. Yes, spontaneous erection (and as a reult leakage) did happen many times and I think it is absolutely normal because of the nature of procedure and for me it is nothing to do with sex at all. All my electrologysts were very professional and carried as nothing happened, sometimes just wiping leakage. First time I appologized and one electrologyst said that is absolutelly fine and even better for her to carry the job. So I would suggest to not worry about this, they have seen different stuff.

#123898 - 05/06/17 06:15 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Dee, perhaps you could be of assistance and move my response and dimis to the correct thread Legit Elecachines on ebay thread? I KNOW I didnt post it into this thread so I'm not sure what happened. Seems there may be some database corruption happening for the site?

#123900 - 05/06/17 11:04 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I moved/merged it, Seana.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#123901 - 05/07/17 12:59 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

uh...I dont think that went as planned....lol!

#123961 - 05/12/17 09:28 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

I've treated a small portion of my penile shaft (which is quite hairy) by DIY'ing it myself - and the insertions are surprisingly easier than I'd thought especially since I only began DIY 2 days ago.

I've just come across some problems - sometimes when tweezing the hair will come out with no shaft or bulb or sometimes with this weird thin curved "weak" bulb. Have I just thinned the hair with the electrolysis and then tweeze it out? There for not an effective kill and these will come back as regrowth?

Also, I am having trouble with settings. But slowly getting the hang out this. Though since i sometimes need to do 5-6 insertions into one follicle because the power isn't adequate and my insertions too, this causes a lot of scabbing and blisters. I know you really shouldn't go more than twice into a follicle but I'm obsessive.

#123978 - 05/12/17 07:32 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Working on yourself is extremely difficult, especially as a DIY. You cannot expect high kill rates and smooth insertions as DIY. 5-6 insertions is a lot. Are you inserting so much because you're struggling to see the follicles or your settings are weak that you need to insert and treat so much? Are you working in thermolysis mode? I suggest you start with galvanic and work yourself up. I do DIY on my shaft as well but I stick to Galvanic mostly and get effortless releases most of the time. Some of the hair does regrow back, thin and "injured" so you keep clearing until it stops growing.

#123980 - 05/12/17 10:43 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: fenix]
Greek Offline
Contributor

I agree, working on yourself is difficult - especially my arms and legs ... actually everywhere in general.

I am inserting a lot because my settings are too weak (despite being a little painful at times) and it takes multiple (5-7) zaps to kill a follicle for smooth release. I am using blend right now as I was told it was the most forgiving for inaccurate insertions - compared to thermolysis that needed accurate insertions and depth. I also wanted to stick to blend as opposed to Therm because 1) I'm not experienced enough for therm yet and 2) with blend you produce lye that helps kill a follicle - is this correct?

I wonder why that didn't occur to me to use galvanic for the penile shaft. I know you're using a different device from me but what are your settings and for how many seconds are your zaps on galvanic mode? I'm trying to gauge how much pain i need to feel and for how long.

Also, what type of magnification are you using? Right now I'm not using anything so I'm surprised my insertions into this area is actually alright.

#123983 - 05/13/17 08:56 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

How long are you staying in the follicle when you do each zap?
When I do galvanic, my DC current is set to 0.3 mA/3 tenths of mA.
I only adjust the amount of time I keep the needle in the follicle before releasing hair. On average, I keep delivering galvanic for 40 seconds sometimes more but never over 65 seconds. Some very shallow and light thin hairs only need 10-20 seconds.

As for vision aid, I have access to high magnification now, but before I used a circle lamp which worked decent. Any magnification is better than no vision aid at all.

#123989 - 05/13/17 03:05 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: fenix]
Greek Offline
Contributor

At my settings of roughly 6/15/35 to 7/15/45 (Therm/Time/Gal on the Sterex - so I have no idea how many mA the galvanic is) I zap for around 15-17 seconds each time. But that's not enough to kill the follicle (perhaps due to my insertions?) so I need to zap 5-7 times. The scabbing and blisters are healing. I'm just worried all this work and pain in this area will result in regrowth and scarring. I should perhaps try a larger probe size since I've been using an F3 - I'll try an F4.

I'll send an email to Sterex and see if they can respond with how I can find the mA units based on the Gal units displayed by the machine.

That's very true so I'll start looking around on eBay for magnification. Are yours glasses? I'm thinking of getting the ones that wrap around your head because I don't think I can do with loupes as I have glasses already and this may be cumbersome.

What are your opinions on these?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Surgical-Dental-Medical-Binocular-Loupe-3-5X-420mm-LED-Head-Light-Lamp-Silver-/302310446866?hash=item46631b5712:g:F-MAAOSw0UdXrnsu

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3-5X-420mm-Dental-Surgical-Medical-Binocular-Loupes-Headband-Magnifier-/401324584846?hash=item5d70cf2f8e:g:eNYAAOSwuLZY0gCg

#123995 - 05/14/17 02:14 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

When you select vision aid always consider the working distance and how it applies to your situation. Since as DIY you work on yourself in genital area while sitting looking down, take a measurement of distance between your eyes and the hands touching the treatment area while your back is in comfortable position. That should be your ideal range. If vision aid has shorter working distance you will be forced to hunch over more to see a clear picture, but if working distance is longer than your working distance needs, you will not be able to see anything clear and the magnifiers will be useless. The second link looks like a good option if working distance works for your situation.

#124002 - 05/15/17 03:41 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: fenix]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Just ordered it though a little confused why in the title it says 420mm but in the description it says working distance is 280-380mm. It's the same for every listing that says 3.5X 420mm. It it doesn't work I could always return it. But I hope not! In 2-3 weeks it should arrive.

For now I'll just use my eyesight and experiment with only the galvanic settings.

#124003 - 05/15/17 11:05 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I'm sorry I've been quite busy Greek so I didnt get to this until now, when its actually a bit too late as you already bought them. I have these exact Loupes ( and they are 420mm working distance) .

The working distance is problematic for me working on a client. For DIY ont he groin area , actually they should be pretty good. The problem I had was with calibrating them properly, and as soon asI put them in the box, all my calibration efforts were lost. They do have pretty good optics though though not as nice as more expensive loupes.
My issue has always been that I seem to lose some depth perception with them, making judging angle of insertion a little more difficult. At the time I didnt have the time to experiment to overcome this difficulty, so they sit ont he shelf until this day.

Seana

#124004 - 05/15/17 11:48 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Iluv2zap]
Greek Offline
Contributor

That's alright Seana - I know you were busy with setting up as well as some recent things.

I think even if you were on time I would have still bought them - glad to know they do deliver at 420mm! Yes, I can imagine a 420mm working distance from a client is way too much. For the groin area for me it seems to be perfect (though I will see how it actually is in practice). I could use these for my groin, thighs, and perhaps even legs.

When I get them I will let you know how I find the depth perception - which should be interesting since I have a lazy eye.

Tonight I will try using an F4 instead of an F3 for my groin area and I will stick to Gal. Though on the Sterex SX-B I am still having trouble trying to figure out how much percentage of current to apply as the units are weird. The machine is a 240V one, which administers between 0-15mW depending on which Unit Percent you set it too. I emailed Sterex asking them how I could find the mA from this but they have been silent. If only we had a mathematical genius on this forum! Though for now I will increase the settings to what I can handle.

#124005 - 05/15/17 12:51 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

Loc: Montreal, Canada
In the machine characteristics is written that the maximum current output is 1mA. That means 100% output is equal to 1 mA. If the convergence is linear than each 10% will be 0.1 mA or 1%-0.01mA.

#124006 - 05/15/17 01:11 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

Also try to use the biggest possible probe for given follicle. With the same settings you will feel less the current with ticker probe because the current is distributed on bigger surface. You can try the tolerance test with different probes.

#124007 - 05/15/17 01:30 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: dimi]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By dimi
In the machine characteristics is written that the maximum current output is 1mA. That means 100% output is equal to 1 mA. If the convergence is linear than each 10% will be 0.1 mA or 1%-0.01mA.

And here we have our genius who has solved the Sterex issue! I guess sometimes the most simple answer is always the overlooked one haha

And about the probe sizing - I have on hand F3 and F4. I just now tried the F4 but I wasn't having much success with my insertions. So I switched to an F3 - better but still not much success as compared to Friday. And then I think it's because right now I'm feeling a little down (some family drama) so it's affecting my ability. Plus, I think I need to trim a little to get better visibility.

#124008 - 05/15/17 01:51 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

To have success with bigger probes you will need very good magnification. I am using a surgical microscope and I can insert F4 in follicles with hair with diameter required F2. For easy insertion you can use smaller diameter probes but you will feel more the current flow.
The first mm of the hair from the follicle will show you the right direction for insertion.(Michael Bono)
http://texaselectrolysisstore.com/index....roducts_id=1350

#124009 - 05/15/17 02:02 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: dimi]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Thank you - I already have Michael's book :P I will give it another good read. And right now I am waiting for my loupes to come - though I didn't know this is what people meant by needing to train upwards in size of probe.

#124011 - 05/15/17 02:47 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

#124012 - 05/15/17 04:02 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

dimi could you pass a phone number on to me? I often get people from Montreal looking for electrologists.

Seana

#124015 - 05/15/17 06:47 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

Hi Seana,

I will sent you a PM.
Thanks that you stay in HairTell.

dimi

#124016 - 05/15/17 07:13 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: dimi]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

Originally Posted By dimi
If you read this book you will be halve electrologist :)https://www.amazon.ca/Electrolysis-Thermolysis-Blend-Principles-Permanent/dp/0960028412

If one has Bono's books, what will they learn from Hinkel's book? As I understand, Bono's books are more up to date.

#124028 - 05/16/17 09:47 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: fenix]
dimi Offline
Contributor

The Hinkel's book is classic and I think every electrologist should read it.Yes, the Bono"s books are the best.Thanks Michael.

#124036 - 05/17/17 02:11 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Just went for round 2 today using 8/20/35 (Sterex SX-B) for my settings and managed to get (mostly) smooth releases in one to two insertions. Occasionally 3. Removed 27 hairs in an hour and half.

Sometimes I would zap once or twice and try to pull the hair out but it comes out like a soft pluck/pop - I honestly cannot tell but perhaps more towards a soft pluck. Does this mean I've just weakened the follicle and not effectively killed it? Or could the hair/bulb just be stubborn?

#124038 - 05/17/17 08:38 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

If you feel some resistance but no pain associated with plucking then it's fine. You won't ALWAYS get butter smooth releases. Sometimes the hairs struggle to come out because the root sheaths are large and follicle opening is narrow. Under right magnification, you can even notice root sheaths shearing off the hair and bits of white jello like gunk gets stock in the follicle opening. Hairs that are in late growth or resting phase tend to be anchored harder and they struggle to release even if you zap them several times.
Just keep working and experiment between timing and energy levels to see what gives you smoother releases without causing too much tissue trauma. You want to avoid the instant-white blanching of the skin, that's a sign of over treatment, ( not to be confused with bubbling white froth that comes out follicle from lye production.

#124040 - 05/17/17 10:27 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: fenix]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By fenix
If you feel some resistance but no pain associated with plucking then it's fine. ..... You want to avoid the instant-white blanching of the skin, that's a sign of over treatment, ( not to be confused with bubbling white froth that comes out follicle from lye production.

Resistance but no pain associated is a good sentence to remember.

And yes, I do know what you're talking about. Sometimes I'd treat, and then my skin turns white in the shape of the needle - a white line. I'd think this is partly due to wrong insertion as well as sometimes I'd stick it back into the follicle and this doesn't occur.

The first time I treated my penile shaft I was so eager to remove the hairs since this was something embarrassing I've had to deal with for much of my adult life - I over treated which left lots of scabbing that when healed and fell off left pink skin underneath. I'm just hoping that this doesn't leave permanent and obvious scars as I read from Michael in the forum that this type of skin doesn't scar as it's the epidermis that scars. So - i've learnt that one should never rush!

#124043 - 05/18/17 09:44 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

One small detail.The early anagen hair is not strongly anchored yet and we can have smooth release even under-treated.

#124070 - 05/23/17 02:22 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Update: Today I received my magnifying headband/loupe and the working distance is great to work on my pubic region.

Today I used the same settings (8/10/35) to treat the hairs. This time I had to zap the hairs 3/4 times instead of 1-2 the previous time. Increasing the settings and lowering the seconds seem like it'd still be painful.

Today I managed to remove 54 hairs - though I'm giving myself an error of 5-10. So I think I effectively removed about 44-49 because sometimes I'd zap a hair (3-4 times) and then tug lightly on it using the tweezers and the first 3 tugs it doesn't come out but on the 4th it does despite not tugging any stronger. So I can't tell if it's the constant tugging and desensitization or just the follicle has weakened and finally let go.

And sometimes I'll pull a hair out and the sheath is there but not the bulb. Though when I don't see the sheath I know it wasn't killed properly.

Edited by Greek (05/23/17 03:29 PM)

#124072 - 05/23/17 06:48 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

When you don't see the bulb it either means the hair is in resting phase or the bulb got ripped off during the removal process.
Sometimes the Lye takes longer time to cook the hairs so on first few tugs the hair is still anchored and on last tug it releases. Add more time to the treatment if raising energy is causing uncomfortable pain.

#124073 - 05/23/17 11:03 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Made an error: my same settings were 8/20/35.

Thank you Fenix smile I'll add more treatment time. It's now starting to look good - I just need to perfect my insertions to get smooth releases in 1-2 zaps!

#124075 - 05/26/17 11:55 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Today I'm getting quite a lot of smooth releases but no sheath or bulb - is this normal? Or just early anagen phase?

#124076 - 05/26/17 01:19 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

What is the end of the hair looks like? Be more precise or post a picture.

#124077 - 05/26/17 02:41 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Ok, so the first 7 hairs I pulled out (all on the top row) came out with no bulb or sheath. There is one thick hair on the top (no. 9 from left) which I'm not sure if it was an effective kill because it came out feeling like a pluck but there was the root sheath and bulb. The rest on the top came out smoothly but no bulb or sheath - which I find odd because it's only happening today and not the previous times I worked. Then again, I have just been put on serious medication 3 days ago (for 30 days) so don't know if this is an effect?

The bottom row was pretty much all successful. Just a few came out with thin white endings and no bulb - like the 6th from the right.

Note: the photo is gross and messy :P

Edited by Greek (05/26/17 02:41 PM)

#124083 - 05/26/17 11:12 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
dimi Offline
Contributor

I see about 60% of the hairs have black bulbs. That means these hairs are in some stages of anagen phase. I can not see clearly that the white root sheaths are there. Other 40% looks like telogen or cut or broken.
If you use the same setting for different size hairs you will make over treatment for smaller hair, under treatment for bigger hair and right treatment for the right size hair.(assuming your insertion is correct).
So to be sure that the hair is killed you must use 2 hand progressive method described in Michael Bono books(you have them) . In this case you have to use manual blend machine with 2 separate pedals for TH and DC. Plus you have to use one piece tapered probe-non insulated.
In your case you have computerized machine with one pedal and I assume you use insulated 2 pieces probes.
1. You still must use 2 hand progressive method to epilate the hair.
2.Decrease the TH(maybe around 5%). The higher levels of TH will dry the follicle and in this case - no water no lye.
3.Make tolerance test to define the DC current.
4. Increase the time( maybe 30-40-50 sec). In this case you will
have time to test the hair and to find when it will slide out freely.Follow the procedure described by Michael.If after some time the hair do not start loosing, your insertion is way out.Reinsert.
5.You have to treat all the area from the bulb up to the "anchor"(Michael). Because you use insulated probe the lye is forming only on non-insulated part of the probe.In this case you will treat only the lower part of the follicle( again assuming right insertion). The upper part is not treated and you will remove the hair with bulb but without sheath and you will feel plucking.To overcome this problem I suggest you to move the probe in the follicle up and down a little(1-2 mm max) and be sure that the insulated part of the probe is under the skin surface all the time.If you can choose the right size insulated probe for blend, you do not need to move the probe because the non-insulated part of the probe will cover all the area which needs to be treated.

The most important things are:
-Practice insertions.You have to "see under the skin with your 2 fingers which hold the probe-holder"
-Practice the "2 hand progressive method". Initially is very difficult ( at least it was for me) but it is worth it.

#124084 - 05/27/17 12:12 AM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Thank You for this dimi

The reason why you can't see the sheath perhaps is because they're dried out as this took me 2 hours to do - and also perhaps because they're on white tissue and so blend in colour.

And yes, I've been using the same settings for most of the hairs - though I have learnt to decrease the setting with finer hairs due to pain caused by the average setting in finer hair areas. But I will now be more frequent with how often I alter the settings.

For me working in this area I find it so hard to do the two handed method because I have to turn the shaft in order to work on the side, and then I need to stretch the skin. And even if I don't need to turn the shaft - I still find it so difficult to do two handed because of the amount of stretching I need to do in this area. This would require I do a reverse insertion - which I will give another shot.

Points 2, 3, and 4 I'll try altering again slightly - though I have been lucky to get lye in most cases I worked.

I've been using a non-insulated F3 two-piece needle. I have an F4 but the insertions are a little hard. I'll try again the next time I work :P Should I still move the needle up and down with an non-insulated probe?

How long did it take you to learn the 2 handed method for DIY? Especially for working in the pubic region? For me it's still very hard! I'll have to learn it because this helps with determining settings.

Fenix - when you work on your penile shaft are you doing the two handed method? How are you doing this with the amount of skin stretching and maneuvering needed?

#124086 - 05/27/17 03:01 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: Greek]
dimi Offline
Contributor

If you feel smooth release and hair in anagen come up with bulb and sheath than you make a great work. smile

The 2 hand progressive method is the recommended for blend but I forgot that you are DIY ,so you are right, using it will be extremely difficult in that area.
You can continue working using your best method to make the best possible insertions.You can play with the time-fine hair less time, thicker hair more time ones you establish the DC current. Also you can use the "treat and wait" method. Treat one group of few hairs than treat second group of few hairs,than remove the first group of hairs and so on. The Lye in the follicle will have more time to work. If some of the hairs do not release smoothly you can remove the hair than insert the probe in the empty follicle and make after-count for a few second.
The frothing lye coming from the follicle is perfect but this is not always the case and, if you wait to see it, you can over-treat the follicle or the insertion is not exact.

If the probe is non-insulated you do not need to move it up and down but the best is to use tapered, one piece probe.
In both case you have to be extremely careful not to damage the upper part of the skin.(because you do not use 2 hand you can not test the hair)

#124087 - 05/28/17 06:03 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

It's practically impossible to do two-handed technique when you work on your self, especially on scrotal area where stretching and awkward angles make insertions super hard.

Two handed technique won't add much value in overall outcome. I test several hairs in a given area to know how much time it takes to get smooth releases.

#124129 - 06/06/17 02:26 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

I began working on the right side of my penis today but stopped after 20 hairs only because it's quite late. But oddly the entire right underside of my penis has gone numb. This didn't happen with my left side. I'm sure it'll go away eventually and might have been a result of working around the base as this area I've found to be sensitive.

#124138 - 06/09/17 03:15 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

Managed to find the time to do my right side properly. Epilated 40 hairs today! Settings were 8/30/35-45.

Still have quite a bit more to go before I start working on the underside. But after I'm done clearing the top and sides that's pretty much the most "visible' areas completed. The underside will take much longer since the hairs are denser and the skin is so stretchy - its the area where the base of the penis meets the beginning of the scrotum.

#124164 - 06/13/17 01:08 PM Re: electrolysis on penis [Re: joben]
Greek Offline
Contributor

I have a question regarding epilation: There are really thin hairs at the top of my penis near the "head" (non on it but just below) and when I zap and pull them out there is no sheath and 90% of the time no bulb. I've seen that bulbs will come from the hairs with a deeper root. But the hairs where you only need to insert a little come out with no root or bulb and sometimes it's a pluck but without the pain (almost like a snap). If you tried to tweeze it out it wouldn't budge, but then after a couple zaps it wont glide out but it'll "snap' out.

Did I just burn the root/hair and thus not treat it accurately? Or is this common characters of thin hairs in this area?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Are AEA electrologists the only ones to pick?
by Soft Touch
Ripped Off?
by Soft Touch
12:36 AM
Lower Back Pain
by Megrb
12:10 AM
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by Skyisblue
02:58 PM
FOR SALE
by CMM
02:55 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9507
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod