Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#125333 - 12/06/17 10:49 PM Re: Letting too much time pass between sessions [Re: Ton]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Loc: New Mexico
Ok can someone clear something up for me? How much time is too much bw sessions? My Electrologist is suggesting 6-8 weeks between sessions! Won’t all my hair be in the wrong(dormant) growth phase by then? Or does the growth phase not matter? I’m confused and hope to get permanent results.

Thread Sponsors
#125360 - 12/08/17 04:24 AM Re: Letting too much time pass between sessions [Re: Stephgold]
Roselake21 Offline
Contributor

Steph gold. I'm sorry but it seems you didn't read the answer that professionals gave you on this forum. I strongly Invite you to make a research through the fonction research of hairtell or with the help of google if you want answer. Since more than 10 years professionals and customers share they experiences. You have A LOT of informations that are avaible. Please respect the time of both electrologist and customers who posts on this forum.

If someone ask IN THE SAME topic. " i were told by a practionner that if I miss a cycle I will have to start the process again from the beginning." And Michael and others answer that this statements is idiotics no sens! You can apply this answers to your questions as well.

#125392 - 12/10/17 11:43 PM Re: Letting too much time pass between sessions [Re: Ton]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Last I checked this is a public forum where we are free to post our questions and professionals are free to ignore what they want. I got my answer but felt your statement was rude and unnecessary.

#125394 - 12/11/17 04:32 AM Re: Letting too much time pass between sessions [Re: Ton]
Roselake21 Offline
Contributor

If you found my comment disrespectful, I apologize.

#125395 - 12/11/17 07:05 AM Re: Letting too much time pass between sessions [Re: Stephgold]
Scurvy Offline

Originally Posted By Stephgold
Ok can someone clear something up for me? How much time is too much bw sessions? My Electrologist is suggesting 6-8 weeks between sessions! Won’t all my hair be in the wrong(dormant) growth phase by then? Or does the growth phase not matter? I’m confused and hope to get permanent results.

My understanding from the professional electrologists on this forum is that hair can be successfully treated by a skilled electrologist at any stage of of its growth with the exception, I suppose, of hairs that have already completely shed from the follicle.

As I understand it, the Clear & Wait strategy utilised by some of the electrologists here requires that clients wait several months between treatments provided that the hair is not permanently or temporarily removed (including shaving) during this time. I imagine trimming with scissors or a beard trimmer would be acceptable as long as the hair is still clearly visible to the electrologist at least under magnification.

If you're unable to leave the hair alone during that time, it might be wise to reduce the period between treatments. You would have to raise that concern with your specific electrologist.

I'm currently receiving electrolysis treatments, so I understand your anxiety, but as long as your electrologist is skilled and is removing the hairs without resistance, the result is permanent.

#125396 - 12/11/17 07:19 AM Re: Letting too much time pass between sessions [Re: Ton]
Roselake21 Offline
Contributor

Scurvy, you are right in many points but when you say "as long as your electrologist is skilled and is removing the hairs without resistance, the result is permanent ." This is not totally exact.

Let me explain. When a hair is removed without resistance, this is a good indication but this doesn't always mean the hair has been permanently destroyed. there is good chances the hair that slide out without any resistance is killed forever.

#125398 - 12/11/17 04:02 PM Re: Letting too much time pass between sessions [Re: Ton]
ingeileen1991 Offline
Contributor

Roselake21

thanks for the clarification, and I have a second thought. I treat my face with electrolysis but not with that strategy "Clear and wait". At the first or second clearance, in order to know if the treatment is working well or not, is normal that the inicial thick hair at the second or third clearance appears thinner and weaker? What could be the signs after that let me know that the treatment is going well (I know about the not plucking sensation during the treatment)

thanks for your guidance!

#125399 - 12/11/17 05:46 PM Re: Letting too much time pass between sessions [Re: Ton]
Roselake21 Offline
Contributor

Thank you for asking this interesting question.

If you don't see the initials big blacks hair after the second or the third clearance this can be a good Indication...but a not very good one too!

This could be a sign of a good treatment if the black hairs you are talking about are killed and WHAT YOU SEE after 2 or 3 clearances are hairs you didn't notice previously because they were "hide" by the big ones or they were not present at the time of your first clearance and appears with the hair cycle weeks/months after.

This can also be a sign of a bad thing if this is the sames hairs that are not killing the first time the needle of your electrologist hit them! Treating the same hair 3 or 4 time in order to kill it is the definition of improper electrolysis practice.

I suggest you to try to notice if you have "instant regrowth" or "true regrowth" (those 2 terms have the same definition.) in another topics, josefa show an exemple of true regrowth. Withing weeks, if you see hair growing with a shaved appearance that in the treated spot, this is the indication the electrologist didn't kill effectively the hair.

Electrolysis is a relatively long process. If you treat a hair let's say 3 times, it will take 3 times longer than the proper electrolysis process. 3 time the amount of money also ....

#125402 - 12/12/17 06:54 AM Re: Letting too much time pass between sessions [Re: Scurvy]
Stephgold Offline
Contributor

Awesome! Thank. You

#125403 - 12/12/17 08:24 AM Re: Letting too much time pass between sessions [Re: Ton]
ingeileen1991 Offline
Contributor

Thanks Roselake21

It's difficult to judge an electrologist's work in the first clearance even in the second one. So I have to "trust" in her till I notice some improvement. I'm going to start my treatment with a Certified Electrologist, and when I talk to her about the treatment she said after the first clearance one month later we have to work in the second one, less time, and then a Third one should be necessary in three months because we have to wait that the dormant hair pops up. She works with Apillus Xcell and Instantron ss-99 in thermolysis mode. I have to take the risk and see what happen at least in two clearances. The thing is risk is about money. I will let you know my process when get started.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Can Diode Laser produce both 810 & 1064 nm?
by melb_aussie
Today at 01:09 AM
Considering electrolysis
by Zillah24
Yesterday at 09:16 PM
Lasting results
by Michael Bono
Yesterday at 07:39 PM
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Stephgold
Yesterday at 06:56 PM
Current Laser/IPL Models
by melb_aussie
Yesterday at 02:48 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9616
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3189
Who's Online
1 registered (mw022), 95 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod