Subscribe & Support This Site!
consumer hair removal forum
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124106 - 05/31/17 01:58 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
angelfeather Offline

It's me again. I grew bold today and asked my electrologist more things about the settings. She told me that she prefers to have lower settings and in case needed to zap a hair twice or thrice if it doesn't come off the first time, rather than causing me scars.

Would you say I'm being undertreated because of that? I don't feel hairs being plucked, they go effortlessly, and repetition doesn't happen often. I can feel her going back for a hair just a couple of times during one session. Is it possible to be undertreated when a hair comes off without me feeling it? I'm not sure I understand undertreatment and if it goes hand in hand with plucking hairs instead of treating them.

Also, I've read that with blend method you need to keep the needle in for a few seconds, but in some videos I've seen, it only lasts a second or two, which is what my electologist does. It doesn't take more than two seconds.

Thread Sponsors
#124107 - 05/31/17 03:58 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
beate_r Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Hattersheim, Germany
It is possible to do blend in as short as 2 seconds. This requires the galvanic current to be set very high (and surprisingly it is not too painful over that short time...). Do You have to hold an electrode during the treatment? That's usually a clear indication of blend.

Are You sure that she does always the same hair when she goes back or if she does a different hair nearby?

Elektroepilation Dr. Beate Ritzert
http://epi.ritzert.net/en/

#124110 - 06/01/17 09:38 AM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
fenix Offline
Top 10 Contributor

I sometimes hold an elctrode/automatic sensor for thermolysis if the electrologist doesn't want to use a pedal.

Hairs sliding out effortlessly doesn't mean much. I have had hairs sliding out perfectly in areas being treated over 2 years now, and I'm still dealing with regrowth. The only way for you to measure progress is to photo document and keep a log of treatment times.

#124116 - 06/02/17 05:17 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: fenix]
angelfeather Offline

Originally Posted By beate_r
It is possible to do blend in as short as 2 seconds. This requires the galvanic current to be set very high (and surprisingly it is not too painful over that short time...). Do You have to hold an electrode during the treatment? That's usually a clear indication of blend.

Are You sure that she does always the same hair when she goes back or if she does a different hair nearby?

The experience is unpleasant but not overly painful. It's tolerable. Some areas hurt more than others, e.g. I have some stiches on my chin since I was a kid and it always hurts more when she works on them.

As for the electrocode, I'm not holding anything, just sitting there patiently.

I can't be sure because I can't see, but sometimes I feel like she wants to pull a hair out and stops because she finds resistence so she goes back to it. It feels like she goes to the same hair to me. She says there's some hairs that are more difficult to take out, and that I can understand because some hairs are coarser and they stick out weirdly. I think it's because of the plucking I've been doing for so many years before I started treatment.

Originally Posted By fenix
I sometimes hold an elctrode/automatic sensor for thermolysis if the electrologist doesn't want to use a pedal.

Hairs sliding out effortlessly doesn't mean much. I have had hairs sliding out perfectly in areas being treated over 2 years now, and I'm still dealing with regrowth. The only way for you to measure progress is to photo document and keep a log of treatment times.

Oh no, that's so sad, I'm sorry it's taking so long for you. I really didn't know that undertreatment can happen even with no tweezing sensation, you got me thinking now...

The truth is, depending on the time of the month, sometimes it takes a whole week for hairs to start appearing and other times they come out sooner. But I know it's not the same hairs, e.g. last time i had many dark hairs and this time they were mostly white. I'm entering my 6th month and I'd say I've had around 7 hours of treatment on my chin so far.

#124165 - 06/13/17 01:22 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
angelfeather Offline

Today my chin was cleared in 15 minutes, after 14 days since last treatment/clearance. My electrologist said my situation is clearly improving since clearance time is less and the hairs we have to treat are much less aggressive. By end of June it'll be 6 months since I started.

I'm happy, bless electrolysis!

Edited by angelfeather (06/13/17 01:23 PM)

#124166 - 06/13/17 04:21 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
The timeline sounds right for what you are seeing and feeling. Congratulations! Stay with it. You are not finished yet.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Are AEA electrologists the only ones to pick?
by Soft Touch
Ripped Off?
by Soft Touch
12:36 AM
Lower Back Pain
by Megrb
12:10 AM
My electrologist plucks my hairs. A french story..
by Skyisblue
02:58 PM
FOR SALE
by CMM
02:55 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9507
James W. Walker VII 8027
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3092
Who's Online
0 registered (), 84 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod