consumer hair removal forum
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124284 - 07/02/17 07:51 AM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
angelfeather Offline
Contributor

Hmm, I don't have that many hairs to do 30 minutes on the upper lip. It's only been a week since I stopped threading. I would perhaps be able to tolerate half an hour, but what I can't tolerate is going two weeks until many hairs grow, so it's out of the question for now.

What I find amazing is that it's been five days now and I only have a couple of hairs on the chin. I don't remember any point of my life where my chin was soft for such a long period of time. Someone here had told me that after the 6 month mark, the difference would be huge, and I'm starting to realise it now. I'm amazed!!

Thread Sponsors
#124286 - 07/02/17 01:22 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Tolerating 30 minutes on the upper lip is related to the skill and very close to that, the equipment used by the electrologist. You can schedule weekly appointments to maintain the upper lip or you can clip the hair if you go longer in between the sessions. I would skip doing electrolysis if you are going do any temporary solution that PULLS out the hair.

Indeed, the first 6 months is the hardest, but you must stay loyal to the plan - 9-18 months and put in the hours that are needed to clear and maintain.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#124288 - 07/03/17 12:26 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: dfahey]
angelfeather Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By dfahey
Tolerating 30 minutes on the upper lip is related to the skill and very close to that, the equipment used by the electrologist. You can schedule weekly appointments to maintain the upper lip or you can clip the hair if you go longer in between the sessions. I would skip doing electrolysis if you are going do any temporary solution that PULLS out the hair.

Indeed, the first 6 months is the hardest, but you must stay loyal to the plan - 9-18 months and put in the hours that are needed to clear and maintain.

I know enough by now not to mess around with ANY type of plucking while treating an area. I was fine threading myself my upper lip until now because I thought it was convenient (and it is, in a way, I much prefer it to wax), but since I realised I can tolerate the pain of electrolysis there, that's it. No more messing around.

Having good results on the chin has also helped me decide I should get rid of the upper lip as well, and I'm thinking about stray hair on my upper arms that bother me. Once you start, you always find more to treat. grin

#124293 - 07/04/17 02:08 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
angelfeather Offline
Contributor

I noticed I had some long dark hair in my upper arms and I told my electrologist to get rid of them today, and boy did that hurt!!! It wasn't so much the pain, it's just that I couldn't control my reactions, I flinched all the time. She said it was normal reflex behaviour and it was all right.

I'd rather have my upper lip treated than this, lol. I thought arms would be piece of cake, but I was wrong.

The hairs weren't many (around 20 in each arm) and I don't remember messing around with them in the past, so I hope they won't come back.

Edited by angelfeather (07/04/17 03:55 PM)

#124298 - 07/05/17 05:57 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
They (the hairs) should not come back if they were treated thoroughly the first time, but a new group of hairs will most likely appear, then another group, then another group, etc. We call these hair growth cycles and there is nothing you or the electrologist can do about this except to be there to treat all new hairs to come, until you reach "the bottom of the barrel". Pretty soon, you run out of bothersome hair follicles.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#124346 - 07/19/17 12:12 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
angelfeather Offline
Contributor

I had a long session on the upper lip yesterday, and the area is slightly swallen even now, 24 hrs later. Is this normal? It didn't happen the other two times

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Over the counter numbing cream
by yb
02:39 AM
How to find an electrologist in your area
by Iluv2zap
10:27 PM
How to Target leftover hair- can I draw on myself?
by joben
07/19/17 08:50 PM
Great Elec. in Florida
by astro
07/19/17 01:27 PM
In need of some feedback
by angelfeather
07/19/17 12:12 PM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9520
James W. Walker VII 8028
Andrea 4146
Michael Bono 3094
Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod