consumer hair removal forum
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop To:
#124369 - 07/23/17 05:39 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
Iluv2zap Offline
Top 10 Contributor

The picture was a little blurry so its difficult to tell, but I definitely dont see anything alarming.
http://electrolysisbyseana.com

Thread Sponsors
#125315 - 12/03/17 01:08 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
angelfeather Offline
Contributor

I'm almost a year into treatment on my chin, and this week I discovered sth that I wanted an opinion on.

It's been ten days since I last visited my electrologist. I'm going approximately every three weeks now for a 30-minute session (upper lip that I started in June, and chin that I started last December).

The hairs growing on my chin must have grown so weak that by pulling them a bit with my nail, they go away. Is this normal? I tried doing the same with hair on the upper lip, but I couldn't get it out. Is it because I've been treating the chin for a year whereas the upper lip for six months?

What are these hairs and why are they pulled out so easily? It feels so great that I can pull them out and not have them there bothering me until next session, but I'm worried I'm doing sth wrong and I should just leave them alone.

What do you think?

#125316 - 12/03/17 10:03 PM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: angelfeather]
dfahey Offline

Top 10 Contributor

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Wild guess here - Maybe those are previously treated hairs and they have been weakened by electrolysis? I would not pull them out if that is the case, but it shouldn't be the case. When a hair is treated , we punch it so it is permanently disabled from ever growing again, however, I there may be a small percentage of regrowth.

Do not pull them out - get them treated.
ELECTROLYSIS FAQ'S:

British Institute & Association of Electrolysis

http://www.electrolysis.co.uk/?page_id=16

#125371 - 12/09/17 07:22 AM Re: In need of some feedback [Re: dfahey]
angelfeather Offline
Contributor

Originally Posted By dfahey
Wild guess here - Maybe those are previously treated hairs and they have been weakened by electrolysis? I would not pull them out if that is the case, but it shouldn't be the case. When a hair is treated , we punch it so it is permanently disabled from ever growing again, however, I there may be a small percentage of regrowth.

Do not pull them out - get them treated.

Thanks so much!

I now regret pulling them out, it means they'll come back one day, but they'll be treated again.

I have suspected for a while now, that my electrologist might be undertreating me. There is no plucking sensation, but maybe the currrent she's using isn't that high enough, and that's why the area of my chin doesn't have hyperpigmentation at all, and it barely even swells. I'm sure some of the hairs are coming back, they're just weaker and weaker. This means that it might take longer for me to have a permanent result, but I will get there, right? It's not like it's not working... It's been a year since I started and the difference is big.

The problem is, there aren't many electrologists in my country, so I can't even compare. I'm lucky to have even found her, I'll stick to her since it seems to be working, even if it means more time for completion.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Andrea 
Sponsored Links
Recent Posts
Before & After electrolysis photos!
by Josefa M. Reina
07:13 PM
Electrolysis on legs
by Josefa M. Reina
07:10 AM
Hairtell restructuration needed
by Iluv2zap
12/15/17 11:52 PM
Most natural looking hair removal method
by Roselake21
12/15/17 10:32 AM
Letting too much time pass between sessions
by Roselake21
12/15/17 10:30 AM
Top Posters
LAgirl 9994
dfahey 9611
James W. Walker VII 8050
Andrea 4149
Michael Bono 3185
Who's Online
0 registered (), 78 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod